Sabitinis for breakfast

Cruise Raider

Of the ten days Sabatini's was open for breakfast for my recent cruise on the Ruby, I went seven (three days my need to go ashore would not allow for Sabatini's, which opened at 730). I am not normally a suite passenger, except for a one-day PVSA from Seattle to Vancouver. This, of course, was the getaways promotion, I basically paid for my trip on the Ocean this summer early.

Yes, it is excellent. I mostly had the waffles, with a side of bacon, an indulgence. The mimosas were freely refilled. The service was excellent and personal. I rarely "do" sit down dining, but enjoyed myself.

The exclusivity and quiet were part of what made it so much fun.

Edited by Wehwalt

I wish it were an Elite perk. I liked it better than the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast.

If it were an Elite perk, Sabatini's would be crowded, especially on the Elite-heavy sailings, and it wouldn't be very much fun. Maybe if you get, say, 1000 nights or 100 cruise credits.

If it were an Elite perk, Sabatini's would be crowded, especially on the Elite-heavy sailings, and it wouldn't be very much fun. Maybe if you get, say, 1000 nights or 100 cruise credits.

Agreed. The beauty of this benefit is the quiet atmosphere and the personalized attention from the staff. That would never be possible if the restaurant were full. The Elite's have their own benefits.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, I just don't get what is so special about Sabatini's for breakfast. I have never walked out of there saying that is the best breakfast on the ship.

There are so many options for breakfast don't get stuck on "I have to eat there because I'm in a suite".

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, I just don't get what is so special about Sabatini's for breakfast. I have never walked out of there saying that is the best breakfast on the ship.

There are so many options for breakfast don't get stuck on "I have to eat there because I'm in a suite".

I'm with you. I wasn't that impressed either. I do like the peace & quiet there and the civilized way to start a day, but the food wasn't anything special to us at all and it took forever for them to bring me banana bread. I had to request it every single day because the wait staff never remembered that I wanted it every morning. Sometimes, it took up to 30 mins. to get it. And on some mornings, the eggs weren't hot either. Now when we book a suite, we don't even bother going to Sabatini's for breakfast.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
sp

I'm starting to think the same thing. Only made it for breakfast twice on our last cruise. Excursion were early and I'm not getting up a hour early just to eat. I really am starting to rethink staying in suites - perks on the Royal aren't like they use to be. Get most of them as elite. More I think - not worth 4 X as much as an inside.

While the vast majority of us enjoy the Sabatini's breakfast experience, every time the topic comes up on CC, a minority find it pedestrian and not worthwhile. So be it.

For those who may be taking their first cruise in a full suite, you probably will find your experience to be with the majority and will enjoy the quiet special way to begin your day -- especially sea days.

From our experience, the staff from day one will remember your likes and dislikes. They will make every effort to make your breakfast a special part of your day. If you have any special breakfast dishes - ask for them. They will try to accommodate you (at least that is our experience).

Hey, if you don't like it. As someone posted, there are lots of places to eat breakfast. We opt for Sabatini's as the way to begin our day at sea.

P&J

I agree with you 100% Roses2. Aside from laundry, there is really no other perk for booking a suite that compares any longer. Unlimited internet used to be nice, but that's been gone for awhile :( .

Don't overlook the (relatively) spacious cabin.;)

One of the reasons we love breakfast in Sabatini's is that its the only place you can get a decent cup of coffee at breakfast. Yes, you can get coffee at the International Cafe but in the MDR or Lido they only have the syrupy coffee that I personally feel is not worth drinking. The coffee in Sabatini's is excellent!