Crown 12/14/13

e71465

We had a wonderful cruise! They did not check our luggage for our rum runners but they did ask me if I had brought my two bottles of wine, which I did! They took my cabin number and that was it, they moved me on. I was on board by noon, with priority boarding! :D

The ship is HOT, the a/c needs some work. Our cabin C509, was almost 80 degrees every day! It was like a sauna! We called, they tried to repair it but basically the ONLY way to keep the cabin at a decent temperature is to keep the drapes drawn at all times and the a/c set at it's lowest setting!! If you let the sun come in, it's an oven and with humidity a sauna! We also had toilet issues 4 out of the 7 days of our trip! Mostly it wouldn't flush but on day I heard water in the bathroom. When I walked in, the toilet was dumping water out the bottom of it, onto the floor. We did meet a couple on the deck that had a smelly room but I'm not sure of the cabin number.

The food, was awesome!! We ate in the dining room 4 our of the 7 nights and enjoyed each and everything we ordered. We were a group of 10 and they made us feel as though we were the only table in the dining room! Some of the highlights were: escargot, the poached pear with blue cheese, shrimp cocktails, french onion soup and of course the lobster and prawns!

Even with the cabin problems, we had a great week and I hated to come home!

Giving your cabin number right after admitting to smuggling booze on board makes me think that maybe you are a government official? Just wondering.

LOL, comments like these make my day! People like you make posting so much fun!!

We had a wonderful cruise! They did not check our luggage for our rum runners but they did ask me if I had brought my two bottles of wine, which I did! They took my cabin number and that was it, they moved me on. I was on board by noon, with priority boarding! :D

The ship is HOT, the a/c needs some work. Our cabin C509, was almost 80 degrees every day! It was like a sauna! We called, they tried to repair it but basically the ONLY way to keep the cabin at a decent temperature is to keep the drapes drawn at all times and the a/c set at it's lowest setting!! If you let the sun come in, it's an oven and with humidity a sauna! We also had toilet issues 4 out of the 7 days of our trip! Mostly it wouldn't flush but on day I heard water in the bathroom. When I walked in, the toilet was dumping water out the bottom of it, onto the floor. We did meet a couple on the deck that had a smelly room but I'm not sure of the cabin number.

The food, was awesome!! We ate in the dining room 4 our of the 7 nights and enjoyed each and everything we ordered. We were a group of 10 and they made us feel as though we were the only table in the dining room! Some of the highlights were: escargot, the poached pear with blue cheese, shrimp cocktails, french onion soup and of course the lobster and prawns!

Glad you enjoyed.

So glad you had a good time! Thanks for the report, especially for including the two topics those of us sailing soon are concerned about: toilets and a/c. Sure wish they could at least get the toilet issue fixed.

Welcome home.

I can deal with the a/c issue we had but I was a little worried about our toilet issue! It had no suction when flushing but they fixed it each and every time! We did have a great time but I do agree with others when they say it needs to go to dry dock!

We sailed on the Crown Dec 14, 2013 with a group of ten people. Had a great time with family and friends. The Crown needs a lot of work it is showing its age, the wood work is peeling in places, a lot of rust, the cabin walls had a lot of marks on it, the A/C didnt work:mad: will at all had to keep the curtain close to be comfortable and who whats to be in the dark all the time and it was to hot to sit outside at times. The food was great, wait staff was very good.:) Love to curise and love Princess. Looking forward to the next one.:)

Sorry my bf always called, so I don't know but I do know he just pushed one of the buttons on the phone. Who ever he talked to sent someone right away. I told the room steward and she called someone.

We didn't let the heat in our room or the toilet issues ruin our cruise! We still had a great time! Every toilet issue was fixed immediately but the a/c was not fixable. So we just knew to keep the draped pulled at all times!

Sorry my bf always called, so I don't know but I do know he just pushed one of the buttons on the phone. Who ever he talked to sent someone right away. I told the room steward and she called someone.

We didn't let the heat in our room or the toilet issues ruin our cruise! We still had a great time! Every toilet issue was fixed immediately but the a/c was not fixable. So we just knew to keep the draped pulled at all times!

thanks for the review! leaving 3 weeks from Saturday.

Do you happen to recall what night Italian night was in the MDR?

I do have a booking on the Crown quite a long time away. My cruise is in the Pacific and in October, a hot tropical cruise almost a month long. I can not imagine suffering that long with A/C and toilet issues. I will be really P*****. Is it not time for Princess to do something about these complaints and put the Crown in somewhere for major repairs and resolve these issues. Does anyone know if she is due soon? I keep reading more and more about the same complaints and no sign of resolution so far. I am getting increasingly concerned.:(

I do have a booking on the Crown quite a long time away. My cruise is in the Pacific and in October, a hot tropical cruise almost a month long. I can not imagine suffering that long with A/C and toilet issues. I will be really P*****. Is it not time for Princess to do something about these complaints and put the Crown in somewhere for major repairs and resolve these issues. Does anyone know if she is due soon? I keep reading more and more about the same complaints and no sign of resolution so far. I am getting increasingly concerned.:(

Yes, I want to do one of the Pacific Coastal cruises in October. The Crown's itinerary sounds perfect for me. But I, too, am concerned about the AC and plumbing issues. A dry dock visit would help, I think. The dry dock part might not be required, but time away from the public would help with fixing the plumbing. I wonder what the plans are?

Thanks for writing. We'll avoid that cabin C509.

We're ready for a Princess cruise on a ship with promenade.

We were on Crown 7-14 December. No problems with heat, unless you leave the curtains open on the sunny side of the ship. We often have the AC set on full but on this cruise it was about at mid-point.

Roughest cruise we have ever been on. You expect some swells outside the Bahamas and in the channel between Cuba and Haiti, but this was 10-15' waves for the first four days. Coming north after Aruba was more normal - 1-3' swells.

No problems with plumbing in forward Aloha deck area (and Roberto was a great steward).

Ship is in great shape. You will see occasional maintenance; they painted and varnished the spa area pool while we were there since they couldn't keep water in the pool anyway. People were still using the hot tubs there although the smell was pretty strong. One of our favorite ships.