New OBC Promotion

Bruce62

I have had OBC matched also for my mini cruise which I booked a year in advance. I emailed a complaint which took a few weeks to get a reply but had a reply today with the good news. To be honest it isn't a lot, as it is only a 2 day mini cruise, but it is what we would have been given if we were booking now, plus sailing as gone up in price, so I am better off.

You got more onboard credit even though the price of your cruise had gone up:eek:

I have 4 'select' cruises booked and the obc has gone up on all of them do to this feb 28 offer. Plus they are offering solo cruisers double obc if they are in a double cabin.

Methinks i should be emailing P&O?

The OBC they have given me is the same as what they are offering in their promotion at the moment. It is only £30 but it is only a mini cruise. I emailed them stating how unhappy I was and that I had 3 cruises booked for this year which all still had the balances to be paid. I booked one cruise with Tesco Vouchers, therefore no OBC, as this is in the terms and conditions,although I was given OBC when the price came down as it was a Vantage fare and another one was early saver and again knew I wouldn't be given for this either. The mini cruise was a Vantage fare.

You got more onboard credit even though the price of your cruise had gone up:eek:

I have 4 'select' cruises booked and the obc has gone up on all of them do to this feb 28 offer. Plus they are offering solo cruisers double obc if they are in a double cabin.

Methinks i should be emailing P&O?

Get emailing, and will you mention all mine as well.

BTW Dave only 20 days to go. :)

Yep, 19 days to go and i just got my e-ticket from the TA. Theyhave upgraded me 2 grades :D

What.... Hope that does not happen to us, I will have to drive the ship. :) ;)

Hi

My DH and I booked a final segment of world cruise in an obstructed outside cabin on Vantage fare. This weekend have seen balcony cabins advertised at nearly £700 pp less both online and in weekend papers both through TAs. However on P&O web the cruise is shown as fully sold out.

When booking we also paid a fuel surcharge which on tentative enquires does not seem to apply to new fares. Has the cost of oil plummeted this weekend? Or have early bookers covered the costs?

Should I contact direct to voice concerns or will TA do something -my TA is a gold medal winner at cruise awards!

As previous posters have mentioned I feel let down that much better grade cabins sold at such discounts without an offer of an upgrade.

Thanks

Generally Happy Cruiser

Carol

Email to customer services has resulted in a positive response - have matched the On board spend. I'm very happy with that! I realise prices will fall over the next few months but that's life!

Hi, was just reading your post and wondered how you managed to get your onboard spend matched as I have contacted them and they say they aren't able to do that which seems really unfair?

Email to customer services has resulted in a positive response - have matched the On board spend. I'm very happy with that! I realise prices will fall over the next few months but that's life!

Hi, was just reading your post and wondered how you managed to get your onboard spend matched as I have contacted them and they say they aren't able to do that which seems really unfair?

Reading what people are saying over the web there seems to be a number of criteria.

1. You payed a vantage fare.

2. If you got a discount when you booked eg 5/10% off for early booking. This is taken off anything you may get.

3. The major factor seems to be if there are any cabins of your grade still for sale. If not then no OBC now.

It also appears that you have to ask.

Gan Canny

Dai

There were no cabins left in my grade but still got the OBC matched.:confused:

Well your the first to report that.

But as it was only £30, perhaps they felt sorry for you. :) ;)

I don't care if they felt sorry for me or not:D I had another two cruises which didn't qualify. One was an early saver (which I knew I wouldn't get anything) and my summer vantage cruise which because I had used some of my Tesco vouchers to pay for was exempt too.

I have gone ahead and booked a 2 night mini cruise for the family and got a great deal on this latest offer which gave all three cabins £100 OBC. Excellent deal.:cool:

My wife and I have a cruise booked on Ventura for February 2015,this booking was made in April 2013, we received an e-mail from P&O on 04/11/13 informing us that the price for this cruise has now been reduced and as such we have awarded an increase in allocated on board spend in line with their "price promise".

Despite all the negative posts regarding this subject it would appear that P&O do honour their Price Promise.

Happy Cruising to all.

We are booked on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth for Christmas this year. We booked this cruise as soon as they were released 5th April 2013. We opted for the free coach transfers from Yorkshire to Southampton instead of the OBC. We paid full price for this cruise and are happy with the price we paid for an oceanview grade cabin. I spoke to our TA yesterday to se if we also qualified for the extra OBC which is now being offered ($740). Cunard have said no, we are not getting it. We got 5% early booking discount, and 5% loyalty discount and the cruise itself has now gone up by £300 pp, therefore they reckon we got a bargain.!! It seems to me that anyone can now book the same cruise, admittedly they will pay more, but will get more OBC, so what loyalty benefits have we actually had different to someone who books now. This will be the last time we book in advance, hubby retires later this year, so we will be taking advantage of any last minute bookings. Carnival need to re think their loyalty to passengers, because it works both ways.!

I also queried the new and was refused. The explanation was that had we booked our two cruises to take advantage of the new promotion, instead of booking last July, we would have been £680 worse off as the cruises had both gone up in price, but they have informed the reservations team that if an upgrade became available then we would be offered it.

It does seem to be a bit hit and miss as to whether your complaint is resolved as some cruises seem to have been given extra obc or an upgrade even if they fit the same criteria.

Still it was worth a try:)

Molly

Just been to my Travel Agent - we have a booking 26th March on Ventura and only had the £45 OBC per person - She phoned P & O for us - they agreed to cancel our original booking at no extra charge and rebook - we now have £340 OBC ! - result. I also had noticed that they had added flights from East Midlands to this Fly Cruise which were not available when we booked - they have moved us to those flights from the Manchester ones again at no extra cost.

I think it is luck of the draw - we could have lost the cabin we chose but didn't - worth asking they can only say no !

Just wondered if one was to book a cruise before 28th February and get say £300 OBC can this be put against excursions booked through cruise personaliser after having booked.

We don,t drink and probably would have difficulty using all the OBC.

Any advice appreciated.

Just wondered if one was to book a cruise before 28th February and get say £300 OBC can this be put against excursions booked through cruise personaliser after having booked.

We don,t drink and probably would have difficulty using all the OBC.

Any advice appreciated.

I think if you book your excursions on board it will - but if you book before you travel you have to pay - but I could be wrong.

I think if you book your excursions on board it will - but if you book before you travel you have to pay - but I could be wrong.

Correct.

Do not forget your tips will come out of this OBC. So that will get rid of a chunk. There are plenty of shops.

Did you have to ask them for this, Francisdrake?

Yeah I emailed David Dingle originally not expecting anything from it but more for a moan than anything as I was feeling disgruntled because I felt i'd been penalised for booking early.

Got a reply pretty promptly saying it would be forwarded to the customer service team to look at but then I hadn't got any kind of reply over a week later so sent another email asking how long it would be & then yesterday I got a new booking confirmation through showing my on board credit & a nice email apologising for the delay in getting back to me.

Edited by Francisdrake

I am so confused about whether I ought to be getting any extra or not. My poor brain is very fuddled and hurts.

We booked early with extra discounts and OBC and got the precise cabin we wanted and hopefully the sitting. Then the price went down in the new structure and we got a nice sum of OBS to compensate.

Now I see £100 per person is being offered in the offer to book Select by end of Feb and I am asking myself whether I ought to be writing asking for extra too?

But do you know, I've actually had enough of thinking about all this. I think I have got a good deal and got precisely what I wanted and have plenty of OBS, so am going to just sit back and look forward to going on my cruise and having a lovely time and am not even going to look at what price or offers are are on my cruise.

I am so confused about whether I ought to be getting any extra or not. My poor brain is very fuddled and hurts.

We booked early with extra discounts and OBC and got the precise cabin we wanted and hopefully the sitting. Then the price went down in the new structure and we got a nice sum of OBS to compensate.

Now I see £100 per person is being offered in the offer to book Select by end of Feb and I am asking myself whether I ought to be writing asking for extra too?

But do you know, I've actually had enough of thinking about all this. I think I have got a good deal and got precisely what I wanted and have plenty of OBS, so am going to just sit back and look forward to going on my cruise and having a lovely time and am not even going to look at what price or offers are are on my cruise.

I would go for a lie down. Or take a nice sea cruise. :) :)

Help - we booked Oceana for the 19th April last June and got some onboard credit at the time - not a lot though. We paid a Vantage Fare - if that's right, got the cabin we wanted etc etc.

When the pricing structure changed it didn't affect our cruise so no changes.

Had an e-mail off P&O saying that there were some great new offers and a lot more on board credit now and we should follow the link and look at the cruises. I did and ours came up.

I'm guessing that there's no chance that we'll get anything more now as we've paid the final balance? The price of the cruise hasn't come down though.

Sorry to sound stupid, but we're more used to how Celebrity works re pricing.

Thanks