New OBC Promotion

Bruce62

Sorry you are not correct. Have you emailed P&O? If your cruise when you paid for it is more than the cruise is on sale for now with the OBC the company will give you the difference without penalty. So how on earth is it a scam.

Send off the email, if you are due money back you will get it.

It is in your hand.

Hi, just thought that it is far easier (better if you want to make money) to give additional OBC than to drop the prices. If they drop the prices then they have to give us money back as the overall cost of the cruise drops.

Apparently, we got a good deal when we booked, so it isn't worth us rebooking.

Perhaps scam was too strong a word ---- it is just business and all travel companies do it.

Not even thought another thing about it and are just looking forward to our holiday -

Life's too short and too many cruises to research :)

Hi, just thought that it is far easier (better if you want to make money) to give additional OBC than to drop the prices. If they drop the prices then they have to give us money back as the overall cost of the cruise drops.

Apparently, we got a good deal when we booked, so it isn't worth us rebooking.

Perhaps scam was too strong a word ---- it is just business and all travel companies do it.

Not even thought another thing about it and are just looking forward to our holiday -

Life's too short and too many cruises to research :)

Well we have had a result, 3 of our cruises we got zero extra, so we clearly got a good deal to start with and on the 4th we have a very nice £400 OBC between us.

No research done by me, just a quick email and bingo

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, got a reply from David Dingle within 30 mins (not bad as it was a Sunday, think probably a standard reply,but a reply none the less) saying this would be sent to Customer Services to look into it. Had a reply this afternoon from Customer Relations Executive, advising that as we used some Tesco vouchers towards cost then not entitled to extra OBC, which is fair enough. We did get OBC when price was reduced when Select prices came in. So I've tried and failed, but still looking forward to holiday and putting Tesco vouchers towards cost enabled me to persuade OH to go for a Mini Suite. So quite happy with that, but this does proof as others have found out that emails work. Thanks for email info Bruce.

Happy hols everyone, whether you get extra OBC or not, I'm sure when we embark we will forget all this.

I meant research for future cruises not for what we can get back from this one ;)

Ok, I know that can be and exhausting task.:rolleyes: We don't research, we look at when we can go, pick the cruises by the dates and then book. We do try to spread ourselves over the fleet as we like all the ships.

If there was not a cruise available when we could go we would look at other lines but it has not come to that yet.:D

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

Ok, I know that can be and exhausting task.:rolleyes: We don't research, we look at when we can go, pick the cruises by the dates and then book. We do try to spread ourselves over the fleet as we like all the ships.

If there was not a cruise available when we could go we would look at other lines but it has not come to that yet.:D

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

Researching my holidays is my way to chill out ---- keeps me quiet and hubby is forever thankful for that :D;)

Hi, got a reply from David Dingle within 30 mins (not bad as it was a Sunday, think probably a standard reply,but a reply none the less) saying this would be sent to Customer Services to look into it. Had a reply this afternoon from Customer Relations Executive, advising that as we used some Tesco vouchers towards cost then not entitled to extra OBC, which is fair enough. We did get OBC when price was reduced when Select prices came in. So I've tried and failed, but still looking forward to holiday and putting Tesco vouchers towards cost enabled me to persuade OH to go for a Mini Suite. So quite happy with that, but this does proof as others have found out that emails work. Thanks for email info Bruce.

Happy hols everyone, whether you get extra OBC or not, I'm sure when we embark we will forget all this.

We had the same reply about our summer cruise. We had used Tesco vouchers so no OBC but like yourself had some when the select prices were introduced. Have a great cruise.:cool:

Hi I have just had a reply from the email and we have received further on board credit for our October cruise on Ventura so many thanks to the people on here as it has been stated nothing ventured nothing gained.

:)

I've checked the prices on a regular basis since P&O launched their Select Fares. I booked my cruise on launch day April last year, and when the recent OBS was introduced in December, I calculated I was £77 per person worse off than I would have been had I booked post OBS promotion. I emailed customerservices@pocruises.com and I have had £77 per person OBS credited to my account. Thank you P&O for listening

When we booked our Ventura Med cruise we were told by TA that P&O had no flights from Gatwick, However they (the TA) could Tailor make the cruise for us which included Gatwick flights. On the basis of this we are not entitled to any OBS. We are somewhat perplexed that P&O had no flights but the TA did. On the plus side we did get a good price.

Happy Cruising:):)

When we booked our Ventura Med cruise we were told by TA that P&O had no flights from Gatwick, However they (the TA) could Tailor make the cruise for us which included Gatwick flights. On the basis of this we are not entitled to any OBS. We are somewhat perplexed that P&O had no flights but the TA did. On the plus side we did get a good price.

Happy Cruising:):)

I would get another TA.

P&O have had flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester from when the med cruises were first announced. They have now extended that to many regional airports for certain cruises.

http://www.pocruises.com/mediterranean-fly-cruises/

Brian

We never seem to get anything back - do we book too early or something?

We booked our cruise in April last June.

Any of your secrets appreciated!

:confused:

Errr. Presto you have sent the email I take it.?

Ours took a week so there could be a backlog.

Dai

I would get another TA.

P&O have had flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester from when the med cruises were first announced. They have now extended that to many regional airports for certain cruises.

http://www.pocruises.com/mediterranean-fly-cruises/

Brian

Thanks Brian,

As I understand it at the time we booked they only had Heathrow and have now at this later date included Gatwick. :confused:

Well, we sent off the email to customer services and got a reply after about a week with a highly satisfactory outcome as we were due something back.

A very happy bunny! Thanks P&O!

PS Have a great cruise tomorrow, Dai.

Edited by Scriv

Errr. Presto you have sent the email I take it.?

Ours took a week so there could be a backlog.

Dai

Sorry, no, our travel agent contacted them directly and were told nothing extra etc. I always thought that if we'd booked with a TA then they wouldn't deal with our booking direct?

:)

Hello,

I've just received a very nice email from P&O advising that they're crediting my account with OBS for our Azura Fjords cruise in June.

This was booked last April via a TA but I emailed P&O directly.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an email address for Customer Services so I sent it to the reservations email address. Didn't hear anything for over 2 weeks then saw someone had kindly posted the Customer Services email address on here so I sent another one (all very polite!).

Apparently, they had received my original email & in fact had dealt with it but they forgot to email me their response!

From the way their email was worded they know they've messed up with this OBS "issue".

I'm very pleased with the result and this evening they now have 2 very happy customers on their hands.:):)

It's just a shame that it seems we've all had to contact P&O to ask for this; if they're prepared to give it to those that ask surely they should just credit everyone's account that booked early via the 'Vantage / Select' fares.

The very nice customer services representative who phoned me said that it was quite complicated to work out whether I lost out or not, but when she did she realised that I was owed an adjustment.

I guess if it is not obvious, they would have to go through all the early bookings to work them out individually and I guess that is quite a task.

Very pleased for you!

The very nice customer services representative who phoned me said that it was quite complicated to work out whether I lost out or not, but when she did she realised that I was owed an adjustment.

I guess if it is not obvious, they would have to go through all the early bookings to work them out individually and I guess that is quite a task.

Very pleased for you!

I hadn't thought of that.

I guess in this modern era you would have thought some whizzy computer programme could have worked it all out.

Maybe there are still jobs for us humans after all!! :)

I think the P&O customer service personel have been take over by aliens. After years of standoffish and condescending behaviour they are actually providing, wait for it......, good customer service!

Edited by kevinyork