New OBC Promotion

Bruce62

Help - we booked Oceana for the 19th April last June and got some onboard credit at the time - not a lot though. We paid a Vantage Fare - if that's right, got the cabin we wanted etc etc.

When the pricing structure changed it didn't affect our cruise so no changes.

Had an e-mail off P&O saying that there were some great new offers and a lot more on board credit now and we should follow the link and look at the cruises. I did and ours came up.

I'm guessing that there's no chance that we'll get anything more now as we've paid the final balance? The price of the cruise hasn't come down though.

Sorry to sound stupid, but we're more used to how Celebrity works re pricing.

Thanks

We had paid our final balance we sail 26th of March but yesterday our Travel agent phone P & O they cancelled our original booking and rebooked it with same cabin same meal sitting and £170 per person OBC ! - worth asking - oh and no admin fees or anything either.

Edited by crafty sue

I love P&O and would have no plans to move, I am always happy with the cruise's I have booked & the price paid, however

WE booked our 2014 cruise in May 2013 when we had vantage and getaway fares since then they have changed to select and early bird and yes our cruise has gone down by £1000 per couple

I sent a message to P&O mentioning this and received an e mail saying they had added some extra OBS for us

Thank you P&O:)

We had paid our final balance we sail 26th of March but yesterday our Travel agent phone P & O they cancelled our original booking and rebooked it with same cabin same meal sitting and £170 per person OBC ! - worth asking - oh and no admin fees or anything either.

Thanks. will do that. Fingers crossed

:)

Help - we booked Oceana for the 19th April last June and got some onboard credit at the time - not a lot though. We paid a Vantage Fare - if that's right, got the cabin we wanted etc etc.

When the pricing structure changed it didn't affect our cruise so no changes.

Had an e-mail off P&O saying that there were some great new offers and a lot more on board credit now and we should follow the link and look at the cruises. I did and ours came up.

I'm guessing that there's no chance that we'll get anything more now as we've paid the final balance? The price of the cruise hasn't come down though.

Sorry to sound stupid, but we're more used to how Celebrity works re pricing.

Thanks

Ring them up..Pando if you booked direct or your TA if you booked through them. You have to ask for it.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but on returning a week ago, I emailed P&O with all the details of our upcoming cruises all booked ages ago under their 'vantage' price promise, this was for a total of 5 bookings over 3 cruises (I booked 2 cabins on 2 of the cruises).

Got a reply within 2 days, itemising each booking number, with the original cost, compared to the new cost (adjusted for new OBC), and where there was a net gain, OBC was issued accordingly to 3 out of the 5.

Result, a gain of over £1,000 in OBC, just for asking....

Although very happy with the result, it does seem a bit hit and miss when reading other replies, as my original queries were all met with a 'NO' as well.

Conclusion - If you have 10 minutes to spare, a well constructed email to P&O, may just work?

Oh Wise Ones.....your opinion please.

My cruise is offering extra £100 OBC in this book by Feb 28th offer.....

I booked Vantage early last summer and got various early booking discounts and then extra OBC to compensate when the new pricing structure came in as the price of the cruise had come down.

So would I qualify for extra OBC now to compare with this Feb 28th Offer if I wrote to them?

Just wondering...

Similar situation, select price came in which was cheaper than vantage, so they gave us additional on board credit. I wrote once this new promotion came in and got a call last week advising additional on board credit had now been added to our account...it wasn't the amount quoted because of other circumstances but it was very gratefully received! Nothing ventured nothing gained,you've nothing to lose by writing

Feeling much happier today. After speaking to customer service a few weeks ago

Re new OBC and getting no joy, I emailed last week and today got a reply offering extra OBC for one of my cruises. Not a great deal but I feel at least they have listened this time and made an effort. Restored my faith in them. Well done P&O! Looking forward to my cruises. :)

I emailed too and our cruise was booked using the select price when the brochures came out offering best prices to early bookers. Extra obc for us because of the promotion. Grateful for the advice on this forum just wish p&o would offer automatically to those loyal cruisers and not wait for an email.

Roll on Britannia !!:)

I didn't have any joy with extra obc:(, but customer services say they have informed the reservations team about an upgrade:). I have heard nothing yet, but you never know. Watch this space!!

Molly

Hope it all works out for you Molly. We were given an upgrade last year and was given a really noisy cabin. I suggested it was a cabin that no one else wanted. I won't accept an upgrade now unless they let me know prior and I can check it out.

I emailed too and our cruise was booked using the select price when the brochures came out offering best prices to early bookers. Extra obc for us because of the promotion. Grateful for the advice on this forum just wish p&o would offer automatically to those loyal cruisers and not wait for an email.

Roll on Britannia !!:)

Even in the US where if cruise lines drop prices passengers can ask for upgrades or money off they still have to monitor prices themselves and ask the cruise line for their benefit.

Hope it all works out for you Molly. We were given an upgrade last year and was given a really noisy cabin. I suggested it was a cabin that no one else wanted. I won't accept an upgrade now unless they let me know prior and I can check it out.

Hi Trish,

I wouldn't accept a rubbish move, but as we are in a C deck balcony cabin forward the next upgrade would be midship which are all booked up. So I have worked out (probably totally wrong) that the next grade up is a mini or full suite:).

If we don't get offered an upgrade I am not bothered as I am happy with a C deck balcony, but it is worth a try.

Molly

Checked our cruise out for April and we wouldn't gain anything from cancelling the booking and booking again.

Sorry, but the increase in OBC is a scam as it means that the cruise doesn't really go down in price. I am beginning to understand why people have got cross about the Vantage Fare v Getway Fare issue.

Having said that - it won't spoil our holiday

Checked our cruise out for April and we wouldn't gain anything from cancelling the booking and booking again.

Sorry, but the increase in OBC is a scam as it means that the cruise doesn't really go down in price. I am beginning to understand why people have got cross about the Vantage Fare v Getway Fare issue.

Having said that - it won't spoil our holiday

Sorry you are not correct. Have you emailed P&O? If your cruise when you paid for it is more than the cruise is on sale for now with the OBC the company will give you the difference without penalty. So how on earth is it a scam.

Send off the email, if you are due money back you will get it.

It is in your hand.

Hi, could someone let me have the email address for customer services, I have looked all over but can only find a telephone number and after reading all the above it seems the way forward is email. Many thanks

I would suggest sending it to David Dingle 'MD Carnival UK'. This is what I did, I got an almost immediate reply, stating that my concerns were to be passed on, which they duly were.

david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

I would also suggest that you take a few minutes to compile a well written, constructive complaint, rather than a 'This ain't fair' type, as IMO these are always taken more seriously.

Hope this helps,