Chefs Table Dining Package same price as Chefs Table standalone?

LMaxwell

Looking at Pre-Cruise planner for March 2014 cruise on Legend of the Seas. They offer Chefs Table for $95 and Chefs Table Dining Package that includes Chops and Izumis, also for $95. How can this be? I seem to remember the pricing being higher for the package deal when I looked a few weeks ago. Maybe they are running a special? Does the package deal not include the wine pairings at Chefs Table?

Was going to wait until onboard to book the package because I do NOT want to do Chefs Table on formal nights; would prefer to go to MDR on formal nights, but if the pricing is a limited off I may as well pick our first port day for Chefs Table on the assumption that formal night would not coincide with the first port of call.

Maybe it is possible to do a screen capture of the order and not put it through and then try to book onboard for the current pricing (in case that changes). I wish Legend had a lower cost dining package offered without CT but they don't have enough extra restaurants compared to other ships which can offer 3 or 4 restaurants in a dining package (without CT).

Hmmm….we booked this package about a month ago for our 4/1/14 Legend cruise and it was $115pp, which does represent a savings of about $20 over booking the 3 specialties separately. I wonder if this is really the price now - maybe I should cancel and rebook.:confused:

Judy

Looking at Pre-Cruise planner for March 2014 cruise on Legend of the Seas. They offer Chefs Table for $95 and Chefs Table Dining Package that includes Chops and Izumis, also for $95. How can this be? I seem to remember the pricing being higher for the package deal when I looked a few weeks ago. Maybe they are running a special? Does the package deal not include the wine pairings at Chefs Table?

Was going to wait until onboard to book the package because I do NOT want to do Chefs Table on formal nights; would prefer to go to MDR on formal nights, but if the pricing is a limited off I may as well pick our first port day for Chefs Table on the assumption that formal night would not coincide with the first port of call.

Maybe it is possible to do a screen capture of the order and not put it through and then try to book onboard for the current pricing (in case that changes). I wish Legend had a lower cost dining package offered without CT but they don't have enough extra restaurants compared to other ships which can offer 3 or 4 restaurants in a dining package (without CT).

Well, my friend, you have just saved me 40 bucks! After reading your post, I checked into our April 1 rez and took a look at specialty dining. Yes indeed - the CT Dining Package was showing a $95 price tag. Hmmm…that's $20pp less than we paid….that's a total savings of $40…..that's several mojitos. I figured it was worth a phone call.

So I called 800-398-9819 and selected specialty dining on the phone menu. Imagine my surprise when there was no hold time, and a nice young man named Rusty answered and listened to my situation. Rusty also thought it was pretty amazing that the CT Package is now selling for the same price as CT only. He advised me to cancel the former rez, be credited for that on my credit card, then rebook the CT package at the $95 price. Then he took care of both for me! And he promptly emailed me both the cancellation and the confirmation of the CT Package at the new price. What a great customer service experience - thanks, Rusty!:D And thanks, LMaxwell!:D

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Judy, I am very glad it worked out for you. That is pretty much exactly how it just went for me as well. I spoke with a nice lady at the same 800 number and she booked it for me. She was surprised as well that it was $95 and not $115.

I forgot to ask about the credit amount for Izumi's; do you happen to know off hand? I had made a post about this before but honestly forgot what was relayed to me then.

Either way I feel like I am ahead of the game and now I have a nice surprise for my bride to be. We just came off Allure where we had a wonderful Chops experience and agreed to save Izumi's for the honeymoon. Now I'll be able to surprise her with Chops again and have this awesome Chefs Table experience. Heading over to post on my roll call now as well.

I think the Izumi credit is $10pp - seems like I've read that somewhere. (That would make sense with the $115 price for the package as you would save $20 over booking the specialties separately.) Getting all 3 for $95 is great!

Judy

I thought the Izumi credit was $20pp, and the cover charge comes out of the credit, so you only have about $15 for the Izumi items. If you don't use the entire $20 credit, any excess is lost. If you use more that the $20 credit, they will charge you.

I thought the Izumi credit was $20pp, and the cover charge comes out of the credit, so you only have about $15 for the Izumi items. If you don't use the entire $20 credit, any excess is lost. If you use more that the $20 credit, they will charge you.

Perhaps they reduce the credit amount per person when offering a special like this; I think I would be okay with that because it is $40 less than advertised before but in this instance you have $20 less credit.

I think you're right, Bob - $20 was the number that first popped up in my brain, but I thought I might have been remembering what it would be for a couple. I do think it's $20pp.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Take the package. We were recently on the Grandeur and pre-booked just the Chef's Table at $70 per person and when we boarded we saw it was only $50. It cost us an extra $40 by pre-booking. Never pre-booking again for me.

Yeah, I'm starting to see the wisdom in that. Who knew you had to watch for price drops in Specialty Dining!:rolleyes:

I would not be happy if I boarded the ship and saw the same package offered for less. I would be at GS demanding a refund of the difference to be honest if offered for less on board.

I have, in good faith, given the cruiseline use of my money 72 days before my cruise, the least they can do is offer me some price protection and parity.

I would not be happy if I boarded the ship and saw the same package offered for less.

Agree! Truth be told, I wasn't too happy to see the price online today at $20 less than I paid when I booked it!:eek: But that worked out fine, and by making a phone call, I got it for the lower price.

I think it might be wise to check this after boarding and visit GS if it's lower. GS could give an OBC for the difference.

Judy

They gave me a $20.00/pp on the Legend canal cruise. I did pay $115/pp though.

Direct from RCI Website

Food & Beverage

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page s.gif

Q: How does the package work with Izumi since it is priced a la carte? s.gif A: Package guests will receive $20 per person credit towards their meal in Izumi which will be reflected as a discount on their check. Charges over $20 will be presented for payment by the guest at the end of the meal; charges $20 per person or less will require no additional payment. Guests will not be refunded for the unused portion of their $20 per person credit.

Hmmm….we booked this package about a month ago for our 4/1/14 Legend cruise and it was $115pp, which does represent a savings of about $20 over booking the 3 specialties separately. I wonder if this is really the price now - maybe I should cancel and rebook.:confused:

Judy

This is odd. I am booked on Brilliance of the Seas and pre paid the $115 for Chefs Table, Chops, Giovannis and Izumi,. I just called to see if it was cheaper and they told me it was $130 on the phone???

This is odd. I am booked on Brilliance of the Seas and pre paid the $115 for Chefs Table, Chops, Giovannis and Izumi,. I just called to see if it was cheaper and they told me it was $130 on the phone???

Odd and funny. We booked a month or so ago at $130 pp for the Grandeur. After reading this thread, I checked the price online and saw it was $115 pp. I called this morning and cancelled the $130 reservation and rebooked for the new price of $115. Savings of $30 for us!! About FIVE drink of the day :rolleyes: