Why are the chairs Movied

fishycomics

I think this thread is a First Word problem. Some people can take up their chair and walk....That is because of all the strength they get from the good food heaped on their plates in the buffet. All cabins should be checked for extra chairs.:eek:

Thanks for the post holiday chuckle everyone.

If you are refferring to the tables and chairs around the railing overlooking the main foyer it is for the shows that they put on in the foyer. They need or want the space so more passengers can stand around the railing instead of a few sitting in the chairs at a table.

You are right Miched. I have seen this a couple of times, when Celebrity is hosting an event in the Grand Foyer area on Deck 3, such as Dancing with the Stripes. etc. However, the chairs arent removed. The chairs located on Decks 4-6 by the railing are relocated to nearby areas (sometimes a few feet away), so that guests can stand by the railing and watch the event on Deck 3. After the event, the chairs are returned to their original location.

I too am now confused. Outside of when the ship is docked,don't all the chairs on the ship move,as well as everything else in it ???
When the ship is docked at Caribbean latitudes, it (and its chairs) will still be rotating about the Earth's axis at about 1,000 mph. The Earth is rotating around the sun at about 67,000 mph. Our solar system is rotating around the center of our Milky Way galaxy at about 420,000 mph. It is hypothesized that the Milky way is speeding through the universe at over 2,000,000 mph.

I think that the missing chairs have motion sickness, and have gone to the Promenade deck to lean over the rail:eek:

It is quite noticeable on the video and pictures I have and posted one or two up. The do not get placed back to the later hours of the night. Not when guests are still strolling around

Well! I do hope Celebrity is reading this - they've clearly got a LOT to answer for here.

It is quite noticeable on the video and pictures I have and posted one or two up. The do not get placed back to the later hours of the night. Not when guests are still strolling around

That is correct, the chairs get tired of being sat in and also get worn out. By having them hidden or resting when people may want to use them, and put back when everyone is asleep, they last much longer.:D

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned earlier, this thread is of no importance. I look at this thread earlier today, and allowed it to continue a bit longer. However, as it's resulted in additional odd comments & replies, this thread is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding.