passport

see.legs

Assuming you got a US passport, the Department of State has been keeping up with the requests. They are more likely to fall a little behind late winter/spring when they get requests from people vacationing overseas.

makes sense we had to wait to get his birth certificate to get his now we have that

It took me two weeks to get mine. I would pay extra (it's only a little amount) to have it sent to you overnight.

Fyi, if you're only two weeks away from the trip, they'll let you pay more to expedite it. But, if you're four weeks away and send in your application now, you should be okay. - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

3 to 4 weeks seems to be reasonable amount of time to expect to wait for one these days. If your cruise is over two months away, I think you would be fine. If under that, you may consider paying for the expedite, especially the closer your get to 4 weeks out.

If your cruise is only a couple weeks away (not that the op mentioned that), you can go to a processing site and get it in a couple hours.

Also, you can sign up for notifications via email with where it is in the process and what the tracking number from the USPS is.

Ruthie

Edited by bunnyfoofoo82

If your cruise is only a couple weeks away (not that the op mentioned that), you can go to a processing site and get it in a couple hours.

Also, you can sign up for notifications via email with where it is in the process and what the tracking number from the USPS is.

Ruthie

The processing sites just fill out the forms for you and mail them, the same as doing it yourself

I would not feel comfortable sharing all of my personal information online with just any website, and trusting the site to send correct information and/or the time it would take for a "second party" to correct anything the passport officials might not like.

Fortunately, our P.O. has passport assistance - they checked ALL of our forms and documentation - mailed them for us, new passports arrived in 3 weeks. Beware, if your cruise is getting close, you DO have to include your ORIGINAL birth certificate with the application - our birth certs were returned/arrived about a week after our passports

Edited by SMerritt

The processing sites just fill out the forms for you and mail them, the same as doing it yourself

I would not feel comfortable sharing all of my personal information online with just any website, and trusting the site to send correct information and/or the time it would take for a "second party" to correct anything the passport officials might not like.

Fortunately, our P.O. has passport assistance - they checked ALL of our forms and documentation - mailed them for us, new passports arrived in 3 weeks. Beware, if your cruise is getting close, you DO have to include your ORIGINAL birth certificate with the application - our birth certs were returned/arrived about a week after our passports

Sorry for not being clear, I didn't mean a website but the US Passport Processing Center. They have them all over the country.