Don't bother taking powerboards on Rhapsody

Hi All

Just off the Rhapsody this morning.

As you all know, Powerboards are not on the prohibited items list but I read that a cruiser on the previous cruise to ours had her powerboard confiscated from her backpack whilst boarding.

I took my powerboard in my suitcase. My kids received their luggage pretty soon after boarding. My suitcase was not delivered to my room until after dinner, by security. This was due to the powerboard. My son had to remove it from our suitcase in front of the security guard and hand it over.

So, in my opinion, don't bother taking your powerboards on the Rhapsody.

I had two teenagers, we had two powerpoints and they were enough to charge up their various electronic devices on board.

I believe it is due to a fire hazard issue that happened a while back.

The adapter with one power outlet and a couple of usb points works well for us.

Timing the charge of electronic gear is not that hard when there are a couple of power points. I also have a US to Aussie converter that is a double adaptor, so that works well.:D

I have always taken a small extension lead on all my cruises and never been queried. I use it for my CPAP machine and the power points on cruise ships are always on the opposite side of the room from the head of the bed. I leave one permanently in my CPAP bag as I never know where power points might be in hotels or wherever.

I have always taken a small extension lead on all my cruises and never been queried. I use it for my CPAP machine and the power points on cruise ships are always on the opposite side of the room from the head of the bed. I leave one permanently in my CPAP bag as I never know where power points might be in hotels or wherever.

My experience exactly. Almost always need an extension cord, but cannot see the need for a powerboard.