If I am Elite, can I still bring my cabin mate to the evening cocktail event?

Oneluckywoman

While on the Reflection TA last fall, my non elite husband received the same three drink vouchers per night that I did. I was on the Constellation in February with a non elite friend. When we boarded there was a white plastic card in our room that said it was for a friend to accompany me to Elite events. I never used it, so I'm not positive how it worked but it seemed it could be anyone that had the card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just got off the reflection. We booked two rooms with one elite in each room.

The captains club host/hostess gives the "non elite" cruiser a white "this card gets you into the elite activities" card to show. They don't turn in their regular room card. they just get this extra one to show at the door for elite hour and breakfast.

Each of our rooms actually get 4 sets of coupons...2 "classic" and 2 "elite" sheets. Wife and daugter enjoyed the 8 gelatos!!

Hello Celebrity cruisers,

It used to be allowed, under the previous Captain's club rules, that I could bring my cabin mate with me to the evening cocktail event, as long as they were traveling with me in my stateroom. I am married but sometimes cruise with my Mom or other ladies. If anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate the info!

Thanks!

Rhonda

Never had a problem as recently as in January. Yes, you can bring your cabin mate(s). You cannot on Royal Carribean. Things however could change in the future.

Enjoy your cruise.

Does anyone know if a non-Elite Plus Captain's Club member would get the complimentary coffees and teas from Café al Bacio if they were staying in the same cabin as an Elite Plus member? Would they get the invitations to events such as the Elegant Tea?

I know they don't get Elite Plus coupons, but was wondering if they would get complimentary access to the type of amenities/experiences that couples usually share?

Hi, Eileen,

Don't think so. They go by the cards at Bacio. Shoot, half the time they want to charge you if you're Elite+.

By the way, you've got mail. I have a question for you about a tour guide you mentioned while we were on the Century.

Last June, on Summit, I traveled with my mother who is Elite while I am Select. The CC hostess, confirmed by current standing, my age, and all of that then gave me a white card which states "Exclusive Lounge Access Please present this card when entering the Captain's Lounge Dress Code: Smart Casual and Above" It had the venue locations and along the right side of the card, had the dates for which it was valid. In terms of coupons, I received the Select coupons and my mother received the Elite coupons.

I never had any issues going into the lounge with my mom and never needed the actual card as Ti-Ann, the CC hostess, knew who I was from introducing myself originally, when she provided me with the card.

Maybe they were just checking the cabin numbers....he just seemed to glance at the color of card. We only went once 10 minuets before it ended and they did refuse to serve two others who came in shortly after the cut off time. So be sure to beon time. :)

If you contact the captains club host on board they will notify guest relations and your stateroom partner will be issued a new sea pass card showing elite or elite + member.

We have done this a number of times no problem

I have been elite for many cruises and usually travel with a roommate who is not elite. Together we have been to Elite events at Michaels Club or the Sky Lounge or have received vouchers.

This past December I shared a cabin with two friends, both non-elite and every day 9 drink coupons appeared. Wow, what a wonderful perk for Celebrity to offer. I really never dreamed that they would extend the perk that far.

Thanks Celebrity!

When my cabin mate went on the first night, the assistant was going to turn her away. We had to speak to the Loyalty person to straighten it out. We were able to get a special card made for her to avoid the embarrassment on subsequent evenings.

What is the elite breakfast? thanks

The Elite Breakfast is offered in the Tuscan Grill every morning between 8-10 am for Elite and above members. There is a small buffet offering such things as pastry, smoked salmon, cereals, spreads, cold meats and cheese, etc. (self serve) as well as a selection of smoothies, juices, coffees (latte, cappucino, etc) teas, and alcoholic drinks such as champagne, mimosas, bloody Mary's, bellinis. With service. A nice way to quietly start your day and connect with other members.

I'm Select after a RCL status match, my wife is not.

I just checked in for the upcoming cruises and on the Xpress pass my DW is also listed as Select. And that's what I expected, the same status level when you cruise together in a cabin.

(On our third cruise she is the first traveller and there is no status level after her name:confused:)

Actually, I just found my Captains club welcome letter from my Nov 30 Reflection sailing and it says in the "PLEASE NOTE" section:

All Valued guest [sic] and their companions staying in the same suite/stateroom over 21 years old are welcome. Please refrain from inviting non-elite guests not staying in your stateroom, as they will be unable to enter Elite lounge/events.

^^^^^^ Does anyone know why there's so much blank space above? ^^^^^^

Yes, of course: so you can book and list more fabulous cruises! :) ;)

Last June, on Summit, I traveled with my mother who is Elite while I am Select. The CC hostess, confirmed by current standing, my age, and all of that then gave me a white card which states "Exclusive Lounge Access Please present this card when entering the Captain's Lounge Dress Code: Smart Casual and Above" It had the venue locations and along the right side of the card, had the dates for which it was valid. In terms of coupons, I received the Select coupons and my mother received the Elite coupons.

I never had any issues going into the lounge with my mom and never needed the actual card as Ti-Ann, the CC hostess, knew who I was from introducing myself originally, when she provided me with the card.

We had same experience last week on Reflection. We booked 2 rooms (one elite in each room) and both kids received the white card allowing them access to the elite events...as you said they didn't need it when the cc hostess was at door because she knew us by then.

All the elite coupons (for all 4 of us) were in room when we arrived.