Global entry kiosks in Port of Miami?

packyourpixiedust

Does anyone know of there are global entry (goes), or whatever they are called, kiosks at the celebrity's port in Miami? We have our interviews on Tuesday and I'm hopeful we will have out cards in a few weeks for our trip. But I was curious if the kiosks exist at the pier? Thanks :)

Not at the pier and there was a long line at the airport.

I can't imagine that those kiosks will ever be installed in cruise ports. With all the onboard duty-free shopping being subject to specific limits, face-to-face Customs inspections will likely always be required.

I saw the kiosks at DFW Airport, and they appear at immigration but before you claim you luggage. After the luggage carousel is, if I recall, when you have the 'green line' or 'red line' for customs, and is when the entry form / kiosk printout is collected/shown.

This doesn't help the OP asking about the port, although it would be nice for them to put them in, at least in FL where the majority of cruises are from.

Edited by Gig103

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My thought . . .

at an airport like Miami, the Global kiosk serves many airlines, all day long ..... and probably HELPS Customs with the long lines that can develop

one at a cruise terminal would be used for one ship a day AT MOST . . . and in a worst case, that line clears in way less than an hour and then the terminal sits idle until the next day, or later . . (frankly, I've never been in a cruise 'customs' line for more than a few minutes. And THAT was rare ... we usually walk straight thru)

installing the kiosk at every ship terminal at a port like Canaveral where they get used for 2 or 3 ships a week????

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 9 months later...

Got off Holland America Westerdam 11/07/15 at Fort Lauderdale and the particular terminal that was used had a "Global Entry "exit at the passport control. The typical kisok was not yet installed. The security people allowed passengers with Global Entry cards to go ahead of the line directly to the Global entry officer. It wasn't organized too well as I was informed that the system was only a few weeks old at this particular terminal. Sadly, the ship crew in charge of disembarkation was not aware of the Global entry availability or made any indication.

Got off Holland America Westerdam 11/07/15 at Fort Lauderdale and the particular terminal that was used had a "Global Entry "exit at the passport control. The typical kisok was not yet installed. The security people allowed passengers with Global Entry cards to go ahead of the line directly to the Global entry officer. It wasn't organized too well as I was informed that the system was only a few weeks old at this particular terminal. Sadly, the ship crew in charge of disembarkation was not aware of the Global entry availability or made any indication.

Well that is very exciting!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had my email with approved number and that was sufficient to move to the short/non-existent line on 11/22. Of course I had to wait for mom on outside but I loved it. Card was in mail when I got home so now I'm official. Will be cruising Miami in February and sure hope they have the Global Entry sign there by then

I just applied for Global entry this week and have to wait until mid January for an interview. I wonder if I'll be approved in time for my February cruise!

You are basically approved at the interview. They will take your picture and fingerprints and you will have to wait a bit for the actual card to come in the mail.(I don't think it was all that long) but you will have your "trusted traveler" number when you leave. You can enter this number into your airline information and poof you now have TSA precheck. Except the C&I folks being rather surly it was a painless and relatively quick interview. (Also had to watch short video on how to actually use it at the airports.)

I got mine in Feb 2014 so hopefully not much has changed since then.

Edited by TruckerDave

We cruised on the oosterdam and when we disembarked at port Everglades on November 16 they had a faster moving global entry line that we used. However, we had to wait for some folks without global entry but it only took them 10 minutes or so longer than it took us. (We would have stayed with them but we were curious to see how much of a time saver global entry would be)

Edited by Viv0828