Negative Reflection review just posted ! (2 Threads Merged)

suni

Well, we each have our own opinions. We left Reflection two days ago and had a very different experience.

There was a full room service menu as always, at no cost. I believe you looked at the kids menu page for room service, it was the only place I saw burgers and pizza listed.

I also found the music intrusive at times, though I would never expect calm at the pool area. There were lovely outdoor areas aft and forward that were far mellower.

I cannot speak about Blu but we found the MDR back up to old X standards of excellence. I have cruised X since 2001.

They are definitely pursuing a younger demographic, but I sailed over Christmas so I cannot judge the new 'normal".

We still love it!

Edited by travelingmom37

Just off Reflection two days ago and it was wonderful.

The food, service and activities were excellent.

The vessel is a beauty, it would have taken another week to explore the many areas.

I did not read the afore mentioned negative review, but just like mine, it was one person's experience.

Edited by travelingmom37
typo

The author is : bmwlover and it is posted under REFLECTION reviews.

Regardless, I am not going to worry. He also wrote another negative review in 2011. Just one of this people that is never happy I imagine.

Cannot wait to sail in a few weeks!

Sunni:

We spent 26 days on the Reflection on a b2b in October. Loved the ship. It had great staff and we particularly had a wonderful waiter!! You'll have a great cruise!

I agree with that report and I have been on reflection. The have taken space they shouldn't have to make cabins and the crowd everything else. I know they didn't add to Blu to take care of the ppl they added.

It really is ridiculous how much abuse some of the posters on here are willing to take from Celebrity. No wonder the company takes more and more space and gives actually nothing in return.

The drink package comments don't make sense. With the Premium package, you can always just pay the upcharge.

The reviewer called it the "deluxe" package which doesn't exist, but referenced wine up to $12 so I thought Premium. But then references wine at $8.50 and saying you had to pay the full amount, which would be how the Classic package works.

So I'm confused, because that didn't make sense.

We were on Reflection last February and enjoyed our cruise. We had some complaints but none referring to the ships being crowded, and our complaints were dealt with when we escalated them. We're booked again for next year.

The flip side of your opinion is that if 10 "happy" passengers, each tell 10 people, then a positive "reflection" of this ship will be shared. I would tend to think that that are more positive experiences on Reflection then negative ones. JMHO.

Karyn

I particularly liked this comment from the review:

Gone is the wonderful Captains Club party with roast beef carvings, crepes suzettes, cherries jubilee, fresh fruit for dipping in cascading chocolate fountains. It is replaced by one devilled egg, one half a cherry tomato and 2 tiny shrimp, all served in minuscule throw away plastic thimbles. No wonder only 48 of 400 showed up on our CONSTELLATION cruise last week. Most simply don’t bother attending, which I presume Celebrity is hoping will happen. Next they will be able to say that it is being cancelled for lack of passenger participation!

This sounded like someone who was unhappy about the changes to the Captain's Club program and now everything Celebrity does is wrong. I think they think that if they complain about everything, Celebrity will look at revamping the Captain's Club again.

Don't you wonder how 48 peoople split only one devilled egg and 1/2 cherry tomato and 2 tiny shrimp. I'd love to see it.

Some want everything, except for a price raise when the company has to pay for all the stuff they want.

Hopefully this posters finds a ship that they like.

The author is : bmwlover and it is posted under REFLECTION reviews.

Regardless, I am not going to worry. He also wrote another negative review in 2011. Just one of this people that is never happy I imagine.

Cannot wait to sail in a few weeks!

I read the review of the Reflection that was posted. I wouldn't worry, it seems like the poster was upset with Celebrity (I'm guessing because of the Captain's Club changes) and complained about everything. Read the other reviews and you will see that everything this reviewer said might only be their perception. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise, as a cruise is only as enjoyable as we make it.

The flip side of your opinion is that if 10 "happy" passengers, each tell 10 people, then a positive "reflection" of this ship will be shared. I would tend to think that that are more positive experiences on Reflection then negative ones. JMHO.

Karyn

I have been on the Reflection and I was impressed on how uncrowded she felt. The designers did a great job in space utilization to make her feel comfortable. Some people will complain about everything, no matter how perfect it might be. There is simply no pleasing them. I too have mentioned to a lot more than 10 people how enjoyable our cruise was on her. We had friends with us what were Princess fans until that cruise. They have booked yet another cruise on her, and Princess is now in second place as their favorites.

There are those of us who prefer to see the positive in our experiences. I would wager that we have a much better time on our vacations than the chronic complainers can ever dream of having.

And to those complainers who continually spread the myth that Reflection has an additional deck, you need to check out the floor plans before sticking your feet in your mouths. EVERY S-class has the same number of decks. On Reflection, the center section of the three upper decks were raised one level in order to add a few more staterooms. The ends of these decks hare the same on all five ships. There is no "additional deck", a lie that you are deliberately spreading in order to do the most damage to Celebrity.

Edited by boogs

I just came back from my 5th Celebrity cruise after trying several other before; but it looks like the search will be on again to find a suitable cruise line. It looks like Celebrity has no desire to get repeat customers anymore or thinks we are all fools not to notice all the cut backs that they are doing. All across the board the Celebrity cruise experience has been declining. ie: room attendants that seem more concerned with their own scheduled than learning your particular habits. Ie: less staff working in the casual main restaurant in the pool level. But most of all the overall food quality has taking a big dip. Chikcken is the only meat item that is still holding for the most part. Forget ordering beef or fish. Also, what used to be delicious cold soups are no longer so ( tasteless watery ). Of course, fresh orange juice or decent free ice cream have been of the menu for a few years. Room service menu very limited and poorly prepared. The only way to get good food is to pay extra for nearly everything; but even there forget about getting a decent glass of fresh orange juice, you'll get a glass of fresh orange juice with no pulp that is acid and watered down. I hate to be saying all this, but it was a rude awakening what we experienced on our last cruise.

I just came back from my 5th Celebrity cruise after trying several other before; but it looks like the search will be on again to find a suitable cruise line. It looks like Celebrity has no desire to get repeat customers anymore or thinks we are all fools not to notice all the cut backs that they are doing. All across the board the Celebrity cruise experience has been declining. ie: room attendants that seem more concerned with their own scheduled than learning your particular habits. Ie: less staff working in the casual main restaurant in the pool level. But most of all the overall food quality has taking a big dip. Chikcken is the only meat item that is still holding for the most part. Forget ordering beef or fish. Also, what used to be delicious cold soups are no longer so ( tasteless watery ). Of course, fresh orange juice or decent free ice cream have been of the menu for a few years. Room service menu very limited and poorly prepared. The only way to get good food is to pay extra for nearly everything; but even there forget about getting a decent glass of fresh orange juice, you'll get a glass of fresh orange juice with no pulp that is acid and watered down. I hate to be saying all this, but it was a rude awakening what we experienced on our last cruise.

As far as the the room attendents...I'm not sure why they make it seem / sometimes say they are handling all the cabins alone as we happened to be going back to our room during the crew safety drill and our room attendent was standing with her three helpers (she introduce to us) that we never saw again the entire trip. I could take a guess but not 100% certain my guess is right.

She also did a survey on who complained about no chocolates on the pillows...anyone have an idea why they would take a survey and why the next 5 nights the chocolate suddenly apeared on the pillows?

You do have to keep in mind that any member review is one persons experience and very RARE cases is it objective or indicative of what happened on the cruise in general or on the ship past or present.

I think like most things you just try and filter through them. The best and worst reviews you discount completely, and then looks for trends and commonalities in the rest.

I think we've all been on cruises or holidays with people that no matter what, can't be pleased, and were destined (in their own heads) to have a miserable time no matter what actually happens, and by golly they will.

The other end are the people I love meeting, the folks that no matter what will make the best of any situation. If a minor irritation comes up to them it's not a deal breaker, those are the ones I always hope are sitting at our dinner table.

One cruise we had a husband/wife attorney team at our table that were the most chronic complainers I ever met. Every single day you would see them at the guest relations desk raising hell about every minor issue you could think of (the coffee at Cafe Cova too hot, they didn't dry the bathroom floor after cleaning, sand in our spinach at dinner last night, towels are scatchy, etc etc), and every night we would hear about it at dinner, and of course how they wanted to be compensated for each one.

So bottom line is read them, take them in, and spit out the extremes, because rarely are they indicative of anything

One cruise we had a husband/wife attorney team at our table that were the most chronic complainers I ever met. Every single day you would see them at the guest relations desk raising hell about every minor issue you could think of (the coffee at Cafe Cova too hot, they didn't dry the bathroom floor after cleaning, sand in our spinach at dinner last night, towels are scatchy, etc etc), and every night we would hear about it at dinner, and of course how they wanted to be compensated for each one.

Another reason to choose Anytime Dining!

You do have to keep in mind that any member review is one persons experience and very RARE cases is it objective or indicative of what happened on the cruise in general or on the ship past or present.

I think like most things you just try and filter through them. The best and worst reviews you discount completely, and then looks for trends and commonalities in the rest....

So bottom line is read them, take them in, and spit out the extremes, because rarely are they indicative of anything

The wisest comments ever regarding reviews! Thanks:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

• Administrators
I also clicked on BMWLOVER and found his other negative review. This person's MO is complain/Negative. I could not find this user when I searched the USER MEMBER list. I wanted to see if their other posts would be negative but, found no posts.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

One must have 300+ posts to appear on the member list

• Administrators

We have no issue with the discussion of reviews we publish on the site.

However, flames and barbs thrown at the author will not be allowed. This includes insinuations that the author is lying.

We have no issue with the discussion of reviews we publish on the site.

However, flames and barbs thrown at the author will not be allowed. This includes insinuations that the author is lying.

Thank you as I was feeling sad about the post regarding the reviews.

It made me afraid to write a review when I cruise again.

I haven't read any review of the Constellation, but I was on that ship for its December 9 sailing, and I can say without reservation that it was a wonderful cruise in every respect.

We'll be aboard her again in March and I expect to be pleased once again.

I just posted a review of our Nov 30th Reflection sailing and are waiting for it to appear on the site. We loved our cruise and felt on the big advantages over the M-Class ships was the less crowded feel. There were always places to sit and relax through out the ship.

I was a little taken aback by the 'for a fee' offerings on the room service menu but on further reflection (no pun intended) it seemed like a nice addition if you wanted something extra special it was avaialble. Room service for breakfast was a little uneven. Coffee with no coffee cups one morning...LOL and a wrong order on another morning. No big issue and they made it all right.

My biggest issue was with the bar service and the lack of basics. They either didn't have what they needed, ran out of it or found some on the last day. Not to mention that at times the crowd was 5 deep and the wait was 15 minutes or more. Lack of supplies really have no excuse. It was a small issue but one that lasted the whole week and made many people really angry. The bars seemed to just be overwhelmed and the bartenders not trained to handle the volume. People would walk up, stick their card in the bartender's face as he walked by and got served while more polite people were just ignored.

We found the food in the MDR to be wonderful. We had no desire to eat in any of the speciality restaurants even though we had planned on it. The filet the second night was as good as any steak I have had in any premium steak restaurant. We had select dining and one the first night we had such wonderful service that we made reservations and stayed with our waitstaff (Savio and Nary) for the entire week.

We had a wonderful time and nothing occurred that would ruin our vacation. We would sail the Reflection again in a heart beat.

There is another 3 star review of Reflection which was recently posted, and is separate from the one that is getting so much attention here. This newer review comments negatively on the service in several different areas. There has also been a lot of discussion on a number of threads about less than stellar bar service, so there is something of a pattern here instead of one disgruntled reviewer. Hopefully Celebrity will see this concern and address it, we'll be on Reflection in May and would be quite disappointed if we receive poor service.

There is another 3 star review of Reflection which was recently posted, and is separate from the one that is getting so much attention here. This newer review comments negatively on the service in several different areas. There has also been a lot of discussion on a number of threads about less than stellar bar service, so there is something of a pattern here instead of one disgruntled reviewer. Hopefully Celebrity will see this concern and address it, we'll be on Reflection in May and would be quite disappointed if we receive poor service.

We returned from the December holiday cruise and at most it was a five minute wait for a drink.

Pool bar was a short wait...they did a great job at going in order of who was there first.

Martini bar...you had to get their attention even when sitting at a bar stool. They need to learn how to scan the bar for newbies and empty drinks

Ensemble bar....EXCELLENT

They did have pool waiters asking if you would like a drink

Blu restaurant...excellent bar service