Cruise Certificate

I thought I had read somewhere that new ones would be added today. I checked and sure enough there is now a certificate for my cruise in April. I check a couple of weeks ago and it was no there. However, when i view it, it states it expires 12/31/13? Is that a misprint? Are the often only good for a couple weeks?

I thought I had read somewhere that new ones would be added today. I checked and sure enough there is now a certificate for my cruise in April. I check a couple of weeks ago and it was no there. However, when i view it, it states it expires 12/31/13? Is that a misprint? Are the often only good for a couple weeks?

I'd wait a day or two and see if the expiration date changes. I've seen them release new savings certificates before with the wrong expiration date. It usually gets fixed within a couple of days.

my travel agent charges a $25 fee for changes to the cruise fare. does anyone know if applying this certificate is a change in fare or if it is more like using a gift card to pay?

The certificate works as a discount to the cruise fare. You would have to ask your TA if that will incur their change fee.

My June sailing is also now listed (it popped up this morning so it's definitely a new certificate). Like yours, mine also has the erroneous Dec 31st expiration date. :confused: I hope they fix it soon.

I contacted C&A this morning and they applied the certificate. He asked me for the option code. I asked if I still needed to fax it in and he said no, just to keep a copy for my records. I didn't mention the expiration date. I figured if it were a problem he would say so but he didn't.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

They updated the expiration dates today until the end of March. Are there a limited number of these available or can I apply it at any time before my final payment? Since there may be a fee associated with my TA changing id rather just wait until final payment

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

You have to apply it before final payment or March 31st, 2014 whichever comes first. It also says when reserving through a travel agency, the certificate must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation.

I would probably go ahead and call your TA so you know exactly what to expect.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Can you combine balcony and saving cert.?

Thanks never used a cert.

No, but you can choose which is greater. I recently had a balcony discout applied on booking and later the certificate came out and was greater. I called RCI and they applied the certificate instead of the balcony to get me the greater value.