Boy, do I need a cruise right now!

hladygirl

We're supposed to have horribly cold temps here in WI on Monday...they're saying the high will be -9 and the low -18...wind chills will bring it down to between -30 and -45. They're talking about closing schools which I haven't seen in our area in the 4 years we've lived here.

We expect to get a good amount of snow here as well in SE MA (they predict 15+ inches). Leaving tomorrow to take AMTRAK to NYC to board the Breakaway on Jan. 5th. Already had to cancel 2 train reservations--now hopefully leaving LATE tomorrow. Won't relax until we reach our hotel.:eek:

Good luck to all of you in the blizzard -- just keep thinking of your next upcoming cruise!;):)

Another Mass cruiser looking for a fix. We already have 16 inches of snow...they originally predicted 15 for the whole two day storm, so I think we're in for more! Good thing it was light and fluffy to shovel today but now it's cold. I need to look into finalizing our March cruise plans!

Here in Ottawa, Ontario Canada, it's presently -34C (about -29F) with windshield. It's been like that for about 2-3 days now. Do my trip can't come any sooner. Only 17 days!

Okay I may have more than a foot of snow to shovel but it's fluffy enough to sweep away and I got a couple of 'snow days' to round out my school break. Canada is spectacular but that kind of cold...brrrrrrr! Take care, stay safe and enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Remember those old commercials... "Calgon, take me away"....

well, you might have to be over 50 to remember. Haha.

I need one like "Norwegian, take me away"....

The weather here is fine... but this morning I waited 10 mins. for an elevator to walk the dog and one finally came and stopped on 5 with an alarm. Doggie and I had to walk down a dark stairway. Then, after her walk, was informed all 3 elevators were out. I have a torn meniscus in my knee, so I waited and waited. Finally they fixed 2 of them, so I got to work 30 minutes late.

Just reading these board help. Vicarious cruising I call it, but I want and need the real thing. Can't wait until Oct. and 15 nights on the Sun.