X questions from RC cruiser

renech

I'm looking at finally taking my first Celebrity cruise with a few friends but I have a few general questions that I'd really appreciate some input on.

I have D+ status on RC and I've read that converts to Elite on Celebrity. Am I reading correctly that there are no booking discounts for this level? Will any of the benefits I get as Elite also apply to my cabinmates (other than free cocktails, which I'm sure would not)?

This is just a short girls getaway trip and the Constellation is the ship with the right dates and itinerary for us. There will be 3 of us in the cabin, but looking at the cabin sizes, I'm wondering if this is going to be really tight. I usually get a JS cabin on RC, and I'm wondering which cabin level would be comparable. Concierge?

Are there aft cabins with larger balconies on this ship as there are on some of the larger RC ships?

I wanted to compare the Aqua suites, but I can't find any available for our dates. Do the aqua suites just sell out fast, or are they not available for triple occupancies?

Thanks for any input. I'm really excited to finally be able to give X a try! :)

I can't give you answers to all your questions, but I can tell you that X doesn't offer the same balcony cabin discount as RCI does.

We also get the junior suites on RCI, and if you want the closest in square footage for your cruise on X, we've just discovered that you'd have to go to the suite category, S1 or S2.

We had a concierge cabin on the Connie a couple years ago, and it would be hard to comfortably have more than 2 people in there. Obviously not impossible, mind you, but if you're looking for a comparable size to the JS on RDI, the concierge cabin isn't it. However, since, as you say, it's a short cruise and you don't plan to spend too much time hanging out in the cabin, maybe if you don't want to spend the $$$ for the S1 or 2, you could all make do.

Hope you enjoy sailing on the Connie ... We did!:)

Are there aft cabins with larger balconies on this ship as there are on some of the larger RC ships?

It's a long time since I sailed RCL ( 2001) so I wouldn't like to compare.

However, I can tell you that the FV aft cabins normally reserved for families have 2 rooms and larger balconies. They normally sleep 5, but are released prior to sailing for double occupancy. You may be lucky to secure one of these.

Here is a link to some photos that I took on Infinity in October ( post 9) :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

IMO the FV are a very good compromise, as Concierge are the same size as normal cabins.

Edited by upwarduk

I can answer a couple of your questions. There are no Aqua class suites on the Constellation, they are only on the Reflection. Also, Aqua Class cabins are limited to two people, you cannot put three in them.

Celebrity with the new Captains Club changes now has a balcony discount. It is just moving up one level within balcony level.

It's a long time since I sailed RCL ( 2001) so I wouldn't like to compare.

However, I can tell you that the FV aft cabins normally reserved for families have 2 rooms and larger balconies. They normally sleep 5, but are released prior to sailing for double occupancy. You may be lucky to secure one of these.

Here is a link to some photos that I took on Infinity in October ( post 9) :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

IMO the FV are a very good compromise, as Concierge are the same size as normal cabins.

On the M class, the C-1's are 20 square feet larger than the normal cabins. On the S class, they are the same size.

Just to clarify on the M Class the C1, C2, C3 and A1, A2 are all 191 sq ft, 20 sq feet larger than other veranda cabins.

On S Class all veranda cabins are the same size.

I think 3 adults would be very tight. S1, S2 or FV would be better.

Wow, such wonderful, and specific, input! Thank you SO much to everyone. I do believe I have a Captain's Club number, but from years ago. I'll have to call and update my status.

I usually book with a TA for OBC, but am wondering if the category upgrade needs to be done through Celebrity, or if a TA can also apply it? I'll also email my TA and ask if the current 123 promo is stackable with the Elite benefit.

Again, much appreciation to all. :)

Wow, such wonderful, and specific, input! Thank you SO much to everyone. I do believe I have a Captain's Club number, but from years ago. I'll have to call and update my status.

I usually book with a TA for OBC, but am wondering if the category upgrade needs to be done through Celebrity, or if a TA can also apply it? I'll also email my TA and ask if the current 123 promo is stackable with the Elite benefit.

Yes. Your TA can get you the upgrade (within the category you book), and this is combinable with the 1-2-3 promo. Just make sure the TA has your CC #.

Good luck! :)

Just remember that the upgrade is only from 2B to 2A or 2A to 1C, etc.--not much of a bennie, mostly just a few doors difference in location. I would be sure to inform them of your D+ status first off!

I do think three adults in a CC cabin would be tight--one will either be in a bunk or a fold out couch.

And yes, your cabin mates will be entitled to your free drink benefit! Not sure if they will also receive the coupons, but they will get the nightly drinks due to your status.

I just called Celebrity and was told that the benefit does not apply to C1 cabins, only from C3 to C2. It does apply to AS cabins (which are sold out on our sailing), but not to Suites.

Of course the cabins I was looking at to book were both C1's!

I just called Celebrity and was told that the benefit does not apply to C1 cabins, only from C3 to C2. It does apply to AS cabins (which are sold out on our sailing), but not to Suites.

Of course the cabins I was looking at to book were both C1's!

Right, because you're at the top of the category. . .:(