RC loyal trying Celebrity - Questions

renech

I also just posted this to the Celebrity board to get their expert opinions, but I would also like the perspectives of my fellow RC loyalists who have cruised both.

I'm looking at finally taking my first Celebrity cruise with a few friends but I have a few general questions that I'd really appreciate some input on.

I have D+ status on RC and I've read that converts to Elite on Celebrity. Am I reading correctly that there are no booking discounts for this level? Will any of the benefits I get as Elite also apply to my cabinmates (other than free cocktails, which I'm sure would not)?

This is just a short girls getaway trip and the Constellation is the ship with the right dates and itinerary for us. There will be 3 of us in the cabin, but looking at the cabin sizes, I'm wondering if this is going to be really tight. I usually get a JS cabin on RC, and I'm wondering which cabin level would be comparable. Concierge?

Are there aft cabins with larger balconies on this ship as there are on some of the larger RC ships?

I wanted to compare the Aqua suites, but I can't find any available for our dates. Do the aqua suites just sell out fast, or are they not available for triple occupancies?

Thanks for any input. I'm really excited to finally be able to give X a try!

If you have sailed on any of the Radiance class ships they are basically the same. Celebrity and Royal built both these class of ships at the same time period and used the same general layout.

Cabins are a nice size and laid out the same as Royals you will love the ship

Have a great time

Brian J

Celebrity does not have a balcony discount perk like Royal.

However, they do have some sort of category upgrade. You should contact Celebrity or a travel agent for details because it says on their website that the upgrade must be requested at the time of booking.

I think everyone in your cabin will get the same status as you (if they are in the same cabin). Others in your traveling group, but in different cabins, would not.

You will like Celebrity if you like RCI. It's not as upbeat and doesn't have some of the craziness we love on RCI, but it's nice to switch up now and then and the food is wonderful and the ships are very elegant. The little things are nice too like the glass of sparkling wine when you embark and cold water and towels (or hot chocolate and tea if cold weather) when coming back aboard. We love both cruise lines. The Elite benefits are pretty good (internet, laundry, bingo, morning coffees, really nice evening party, etc.) and it's nice to have the reciprocity agreement.

The balcony rooms on the "M" class ships are really nice and the Concierge Class rooms are slightly larger so somewhat worth the upgrade price if not too much. I don't know if any of them allow for three in a room. We've done both balcony and Concierge Class and enjoyed both.

You will have a great time!

Tom

I also just posted this to the Celebrity board to get their expert opinions, but I would also like the perspectives of my fellow RC loyalists who have cruised both.

I'm looking at finally taking my first Celebrity cruise with a few friends but I have a few general questions that I'd really appreciate some input on.

I have D+ status on RC and I've read that converts to Elite on Celebrity. Am I reading correctly that there are no booking discounts for this level? Will any of the benefits I get as Elite also apply to my cabinmates (other than free cocktails, which I'm sure would not)?

This is just a short girls getaway trip and the Constellation is the ship with the right dates and itinerary for us. There will be 3 of us in the cabin, but looking at the cabin sizes, I'm wondering if this is going to be really tight. I usually get a JS cabin on RC, and I'm wondering which cabin level would be comparable. Concierge?

Are there aft cabins with larger balconies on this ship as there are on some of the larger RC ships?

I wanted to compare the Aqua suites, but I can't find any available for our dates. Do the aqua suites just sell out fast, or are they not available for triple occupancies?

Thanks for any input. I'm really excited to finally be able to give X a try!

While your D+ status does convert to Elite it is not automatic. You will need to call Celebrity and enroll in the Captain's Club. Tell the representative that you are D+ and give him/her your C&A number. You will be given a Captain's Club number and will be at Elite level.

DH and I are also doing our first Celebrity cruise. I did a short one with my sister last year (Top Chef cruise - amazing!) and am pretty sure DH will like it. I already have my Elite status showing on their website but I guess we'll have to call to get DH's status converted. We booked Sky Suite on Silhouette and are very excited to try the "butler experience" as it doesn't seem RCI has anything comparable.

For those who cruise both...what will we miss about RCI? Because the only X cruise I've done was a full ship charter, I don't really feel like I know what one of their "normal" cruises are like.

Thank you to everyone for all the helpful responses. :)

It's disappointing to not have that balcony discount, but I'm going to look into the category upgrade thing. I've received the emails about the 123Go promo - time to look into them further and see if my TA can offer them as well as OBC. I've booked only RC cruises for so long that I feel like a total newbie!