Changing C&A levels on B2B

Just wanted to let everyone know what happened when we changed C&A levels after the first leg of our B2B.

When we booked the cruise we knew we would jump from Platinum to Emerald after the first leg. We had a balcony booked for the second leg that we should get an extra $25 discount for. The CVP told us to just go to guest services and hey would apply the $25 as an OBC.

On the ship on the second leg I went to guest services explained what I was told and they told me to see the loyalty ambassador. Went to see the LA and he told me to see guest services. Ok I'll wait till we're home and call C&A.

Called C&A and they told me that any changes to the discounts cannot happen until the points are posted to your account which as everyone knows can be from 5-10 business days.

Overall not a big deal as it was only $25 but it would be nice if you could get the right answer the first time. (I know....never going to happen )

On a positive note on board the LA was great. Changed our level, added new on board discounts to our card and had our welcome aboard amenity sent to our room by 6 the first day.:)

Interesting. We leave tomorrow for our B2B in which we'll change from emerald to diamond on the first day of the next sailing. We were told the same to go to guest services to get the OBC for the diamond discount. We'll see what happens.

I was hoping you would see this post.

Guest services has no way of seeing your C&A info ( or so they told me). Hope it works out better for you as their is a significant increase in the balcony discount from emerald to diamond.

If it does not work out for you on the ship you could always try escalating it to resolutions. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle for $25.

Hope you can get it.

Interesting. We leave tomorrow for our B2B in which we'll change from emerald to diamond on the first day of the next sailing. We were told the same to go to guest services to get the OBC for the diamond discount. We'll see what happens.

C&A are the only people that can apply/adjust any discount to your cruises.

Edited by cruisenfever

My understanding is that you don't reach the new level until the cruise is completed. The OP reached the new level on the first leg of a back to back. I don't think they'll do any sort of credit or stays upgrade mid-cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

my upcoming B2B on Liberty, I change from D to D+ on the second leg, was also told to see LA to make sure changes apply...guess we will see

Getting the changes and the additional on board benefits added was not a problem. It was only getting the additional balcony discount that was an issue.

My understanding is that you don't reach the new level until the cruise is completed. The OP reached the new level on the first leg of a back to back. I don't think they'll do any sort of credit or stays upgrade mid-cruise...

Yes, that's how I read it too. OP changed levels on the first leg, and Colorado Babe will reach new level during the second leg and wants the balcony discount? Is this correct? If so, then CB is not entitled to the balcony discount during the cruise on which it was received, as the cruise is not yet completed.

OP Ken, sorry to hear of this. I'm sure it's frustrating, but you have been gracious. :)

EDITED to add: we turned Diamond on the second leg of a B2B and the LA would not even hear of any kind of new coupons or anything to do with changing levels. We weren't expecting it but tried anyway, as others on the board have reported the LA onboard did honor the new level during their cruise. I know this isn't OP's case, but wanted to mention it.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Yes, that's how I read it too. OP changed levels on the first leg, and Colorado Babe will reach new level during the second leg and wants the balcony discount? Is this correct? If so, then CB is not entitled to the balcony discount during the cruise on which it was received, as the cruise is not yet completed.

OP Ken, sorry to hear of this. I'm sure it's frustrating, but you have been gracious. :)

EDITED to add: we turned Diamond on the second leg of a B2B and the LA would not even hear of any kind of new coupons or anything to do with changing levels. We weren't expecting it but tried anyway, as others on the board have reported the LA onboard did honor the new level during their cruise. I know this isn't OP's case, but wanted to mention it.

Thanks Karen, hope your doing well.

You are correct about me turning emerald after day one on the first cruise. I think that CB did reach new status during her first cruise (from a different but related thread a while ago). Either way in the grand scheme of things it's just not that important to get upset about.:)

Aww, given what I am going through, you are absolutely right about that one. :) Thanks, I'm hanging in there.

Good to hear.:) just noticed that you have another cruise booked. Must feel good having that to look forward to. My in-laws are on the Seranade on the 15'th of March.

I think a lot has to do with the LA on a particular ship. In 2012 on a B2B on Adventure I accumulated enough points three days into the first cruise to become Diamond and talked to the LA about the changing level for the second week. I didn't expect and she confirmed that levels could not be officially changed during a cruise but she offered to give me a sticker changing my card identification level to Diamond but no other perks would be given for the first week. I passed on the sticker. She took all my info and the following week my new card had Diamond on it and I was given all the perks. She had also contacted C&A re the difference in balcony discount and they credited the difference back to my credit card.

Getting the changes and the additional on board benefits added was not a problem. It was only getting the additional balcony discount that was an issue.

The additional discount is only applicable at time of booking, as are all of RCIs benefits. The LA will ensure you get your full C&A benefits due at time of sailing. - we had this issue in 2010.

The additional discount is only applicable at time of booking, as are all of RCIs benefits. The LA will ensure you get your full C&A benefits due at time of sailing. - we had this issue in 2010.

I'm pretty sure that with our more relaxed cancellation and change rules here on this side of the pond that we are in fact able to get the additional balcony discount applied to cruises booked, just not on board ship on a B2B. Many people have posted that they have been able to do this.

• 2 weeks later...