Our Christmas and New year's cruise on the Oosterdam

Ok I am Back!

Now for a summary.

DS12 really enjoyed the cruise and thought the kids club was wonderful. He enjoyed the food and ate cheese burgers and ice cream every day!

He has only been on a princess cruise previously and he says he likes Princess better.

DD16 had a ball! She loved the teen club but felt that the teen club on Princess was better.

DS20 plus his friend met a wonderful group of 20 somethings on board and also made friends with the entertainment staff. They found they had to make their own parties as their wasn't much on board for them.

DH46 loved that he could always get a deck chair. He liked the cheap US spirits delivered to our cabin. Liked the variety of food in the buffet. Disliked the coffee and speed of service at the Cafe. He would have preferred more night life.

And me! Well I loved that the ship never once felt crowded. You could always get a seat in the theatre whatever time you arrived. I loved the staff I met and conversed with. I LOVED dancing with the stars at sea :). I really, really disliked the cranky old people on board that complained that there were children on board (sheeeeesh stay in your nursing homes I say!). I loathed the decor on the ship. it felt like you had walked into a musty old person's home with too much money and no taste.

See below for a photo of one of the ugliest chairs at sea!

DSCN0140_zpsc8e5eeb9.jpg

I was really disappointed in the lack of activities. A lot of the time there was nothing to do at all .. yawn.

Would we sail HAL again?

Maybe if there was a great deal going but otherwise no.

We had a great time on this cruise but I think on looking back we seemed to have had to make the fun ourselves and HAL just supplied the venue.

I would highly recommend cruising for Christmas and the New Year though and have already booked for this year.

Cheers and happy sailing.