Summit docking in Havensight or Crowne Bay?

Kim

Sailing on a b2b this weekend on board the Summit and was wondering when it docks in St. Thomas, which dock it uses?

Thanks in advance

Hi Kim, I'm also doing a b2b on Summit in March. Will you be doing a review in your return? If not could I ask if you would post when the connections party is on each week. Trying to out everything together and this would help enormously!

Have a brilliant time which I'm sure you will.

Thanks

Karen

Sailing on a b2b this weekend on board the Summit and was wondering when it docks in St. Thomas, which dock it uses?

Thanks in advance

Look on vinow dot com It will tell you which ship is scheduled into which dock and who will be in port with you.

http://www.**********/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php (fill in the stars with vinow then dot then com)

I show Havensight (West Indian) for both of your sailings.

Edited by chamima

I think mostly the mega-ships like Royal Caribbean's Oasis class ships go to Crown Bay. That's where we went on Allure.

I'll be on board with you for the first leg of your b2b. Cannot wait!

We were on the Summit last week and we docked in Havensight. We were the ONLY ship in Havensight that day and the port was like a ghost town. As for the bigger ships docking in Crown Bay, I know that when we were on the Oasis last March, it docked in Crown Bay. However, smaller ships do dock there as well. A Holland America ship docked in Crown Bay by itself last week when the Summit docked in Havensight. The Holland America ship seemed so small that it could have been a lifeboat on the Oasis, so it is not only the huge ships that go to Crown Bay. Even though there were multiple empty berths available in Havensight, the Holland America ship docked in Crown Bay for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Summit last week and we docked in Havensight. We were the ONLY ship in Havensight that day and the port was like a ghost town. As for the bigger ships docking in Crown Bay, I know that when we were on the Oasis last March, it docked in Crown Bay. However, smaller ships do dock there as well. A Holland America ship docked in Crown Bay by itself last week when the Summit docked in Havensight. The Holland America ship seemed so small that it could have been a lifeboat on the Oasis, so it is not only the huge ships that go to Crown Bay. Even though there were multiple empty berths available in Havensight, the Holland America ship docked in Crown Bay for some reason.

Good to know - thanks! Both had their own merits. We loved the beach we went to when we docked in Crown Bay (Lindbergh Bay?), but Havensight definitely has more commerce and life.

We are soooooo happy that it is Havensight, as Crown Bay is Industrial and you have to use a cab to get downtown for shopping. Havensight is much more centrally located and you can easily do shopping after an excursion or going back to the ship for lunch... Most of the merchants do not want to open a third store; that is why Crown Bay has very few shops.

Edited by neilrr