Sydney Embarkation Procedure for domestic cruise

No there is no customs on local cruises but please make sure you have your passport or some other current govt issue Photo ID or you won't be able to board...... It is amazing how many leave it behind......

• 4 weeks later...

.... and "naughty stuff" now includes power boards which many of us found invaluable.

Just as well that most things can now be charged via USB...we use a laptop/netbook plugged into the power point and use its USB outlets to charge phones etc.

cheers

Naughty things in suitcases reminds me of a thread on Cruise Critic from a few years ago when a poster asked if she should leave the batteries in or take them out when she packed her vibrator ..:eek:

Was she a Platinum or Lithium cruiser?...Lol.

Edited by yatchet

Just notice we have signs out the front today.... Surrender your powerboards now and prevent the delays in getting your luggage lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That does not apply to all those people who think it is there god given right to take one on board because they may have gotten away with it once before.....surely not...they only ban powerboards to make things difficult for the passengers.... don't they ???????? :eek::eek::D

Now I am confused!

Powerboards, ie power strips are allowed according to the Carnival Spirit terms and conditons, and last year I had no problems with it, and was intending to take again - Are there restrictions on what I can bring on board? http://www.carnival.com.au/FAQs.aspx?q=items#a6

Probably another of the idiosyncrasies of cruising - some ships yes, some no.:):rolleyes:;)

Now I am confused!

Powerboards, ie power strips are allowed according to the Carnival Spirit terms and conditons, and last year I had no problems with it, and was intending to take again - Are there restrictions on what I can bring on board? http://www.carnival.com.au/FAQs.aspx?q=items#a6

Probably another of the idiosyncrasies of cruising - some ships yes, some no.:):rolleyes:;)

A bit like alcohol and smoking policies, each line sets their own rules about what you can and can't bring and use onboard and where.

Can anyone advise the embarkation procedure from Sydney for a 3 night sampler cruise that doesn't leave AU waters? Technically domestic so do we have to go through full customs inspection etc?

Cheers.:)

your carry on luggage handbags etc o go through the scanner as you board same as at the airport but you do not have the restrictions re 100ml of liquids etc.think it is pot luck if any or all large luggage is scanned depending on port etc.think thy re more interested in any alcohol or sharp instruments etc.than anything else.my husband packs chargers mini power board etc.in his camera bag which is scanned as we board never had any issues.