Seattle Shuttle from Pier 91 to Sea Tac? Positive or negative experiences with Seattl

Orangefan

I was checking on the Seattle Shuttle bringing 2 from Princess Pier 91 on May31st to Sea Tac. The plan is to walk off the ship and take the shuttle. I called them and they quoted me $38 for 2 people. The van is a 10 seater and they don't wait to fill up. I called Princess about their shuttle from Pier 91 to Sea Tac. I told them I was worried that if we do an early walk off, I don't want to sit on the bus for an hour or more waiting for the bus to fill up. It is a distance to the airport and I don't want to be late for my flight. When I spoke to Princess reservations, she said to take a taxi !

Any input of experiences or companies is welcomed.

Sali

What time is your flight? That is a key point. A little reading here would find no recommendations for flights prior to 11, and preferably not before 12. Yes, it is a distance to the airport, only one road, and Seattle is known to be slow through security.

What time is your flight? That is a key point. A little reading here would find no recommendations for flights prior to 11, and preferably not before 12. Yes, it is a distance to the airport, only one road, and Seattle is known to be slow through security.

The flight is 12:30 pm. We will do a walk off with our luggage off the ship. I do that at FLL all the time. We are usually given 7:10 am. In Dec. even though we were there early and left the ship early, customs had a super long line with little movement. Problem is that government sequestering. Only 2 customs agents started off with the ship disembarkation. Then after 250 slowly went through 2 more were added. This is why I want to make sure we select the right transport to Seatac and not stress out.

Thanks

Sali

When I spoke to Princess reservations, she said to take a taxi !

Any input of experiences or companies is welcomed.

Sali

Sounds like the Princess agent was more concerned with your timeframe and less concerned about revenue for Princess. It was excellent advice and most certainly the quickest way to get to the airport, if there are taxis waiting at the port.

There are two main n/s highways, I-5 and SR 99/509.

Last April we took Stila from the airport to downtown and the driver chose 99. We breezed right into town. Nice option that will be my first choice the next time we rent a car.

You should be fine with that flight time.

The pier is a 30 minute drive to Seatac but I always say to give it 1 hr due to hwy construction, tunnel construction, city events, accidents, etc. You need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior to departure. So backing into that equation, as long as you're leaving the pier by 9am, you're fine.

So have a nice b'fast then take a shuttle, taxi or towncar to the airport.

A couple of things about Seatac ..... some gates require you to take a tram so allow some extra time. AND you can wait in any TSA line not just the one associated with your gate or airline.

We booked a cab from Pier 91 to SeaTac using eastsideforhire.net in June ahead of time, and it cost us about $38 for the two of us. Met us at the curb, got us to the airport quickly. We didn't do early disembarkation, and still had no problems catching a 1PM flight (in spite of LONG TSA lines).

Edited by Splinter

• 4 months later...

I was picked up by them about two years ago at our hotel (they had a sign up sheet), and they offered to pick me up after the cruise and take me to the airport with my husband and our two children. You have to call twice (once going into customs and once coming back out) but after the second call they came right out, only waited about 5 to 6 minutes. we loaded up and it was hardly 20 to 25 minutes to the airport, we had SO MUCH time before our flight, the driver recommend a few restaurants to visit in the mean time. We ate at the 13 coins and it was amazing.

I prefer using companies that are family owned, instead of taxi's or larger companies because you just don't get the kind of personal service. Our driver was the same, and remembered all of our names. I highly recommend taking them and any one who is cruising to Alaska!

We used Seattle Shuttle last week. They picked us up at SeaTac the Sunday before we left for our cruise and dropped us at our hotel.....took us to Pier 91 on Tuesday morning then picked us up after the cruise and took us back to the airport. They were wonderful!! I researched a lot of different options and am so glad I ended up with Seattle Shuttle. Melinda and team are awesome!! I highly recommend them and would use them again.