No discounts on 2015 fares?

mrboots

Is it normal for Princess to not allow discounts on their fares? We want to book an around the Horn cruise for January 2015. The only price being offered on the booking sites is full fare. Is this normal? Can I expect the prices to drop? If not during wave season,when?

Is it normal for Princess to not allow discounts on their fares? We want to book an around the Horn cruise for January 2015. The only price being offered on the booking sites is full fare. Is this normal? Can I expect the prices to drop? If not during wave season,when?

Youre a little early.

Also, the exotic cruises tend to sell out without the need for discounting. I wouldn't expect to see much.

I disagree. Travel agents who discount, will discount this cruise like they would any other Princess cruise. The ones I know, discount a certain percentage of cruise fare (not taxes and fees) on Princess regardless of the cost of the cruise. Granted if you take a $150 cruise with $120 in fees, there isn't much to discount but they still do a certain percentage.

Odd, I guess its to make sure they grab a piece of the pie. But I still wouldn't expect to see huge deals out there, sales and the like.

I disagree. Travel agents who discount, will discount this cruise like they would any other Princess cruise. The ones I know, discount a certain percentage of cruise fare (not taxes and fees) on Princess regardless of the cost of the cruise. Granted if you take a $150 cruise with $120 in fees, there isn't much to discount but they still do a certain percentage.

Odd, I guess its to make sure they grab a piece of the pie. But I still wouldn't expect to see huge deals out there, sales and the like.

It's not odd at all. We booked 20 days on the Royal embarking on January 28, 2015 with our TA on May 17, 2013 and received the usual discount percentage.

We book early to get the cabin category and location we want. If Princess' pricing goes down, our TA will reprice. It's win/win for us.

Lew

Princess allows TAs to discount fares. However, you have to request a quote rather than check websites as TAs are not allowed to advertise or promote discounted fares. I booked a March 2015 cruise months ago and am paying a nice discounted fare.

You are probably right on certain sailings, you are not going to see the flash sales, big price reductions, etc... But agents who discount don't treat these sailings any different.