CCL Stock: New 52-week high today

guxu

Nice. Those who bought around $30 in early 2012 after the Concordia disaster are looking smart. Still a ways away from the January-February 2011 highs.

How about just getting back to where it was 14 years ago. Not a very good stock as I'm sure CCL cheerleaders were out in force then too.

What's interesting is that carnival trades at P/E or 29.68. Not a cheep stock, but when you compare it to RCL at 147.86 P/E and NCL at 104.60 P/E ratio. Carnival is way cheaper than RCL and NCL.

I believe what this shows is that investors like the cruise business. I believe the reason that carnival does not trade at as high of a P/E is because of it's recent safety issues and that RCL and NCL have invested more in the new mega ships.

IMHO: If the safety issues become a thing of the past and carnival invests in infrastructure (new big ships). The stock could go a lot higher.

Another variable for the cruise business is with fewer airlines, flight prices are going higher. I don't know if that is a plus or minus for the cruise business. People who can drive to port may cruise more, people that fly to a port may cruise less.

If CCL has a pull back in the near future, I'm going to buy a bunch.

I bought my shares two months before the Costa sinking. I believe I am in at 37.75. I also bought RCL at 25.25. It was no financial genius on my part I cruise on both companies so I use both shareholders benefits. Might be a time to buy more on any pullback. Between the dividends and the cruise benefit I have come out rather well.

I bought 100 shares two years ago at $30.83 per share so that I could start getting the shareholder benefit each time I cruised. In those two years, I have cruised eight times, with the ninth coming up soon. That's $800 in shareholder discounts. During that time, the 100 shares of stock has appreciated by $1,042. So, in two years I've received a total return of $1842 on a $3,083 investment.

I remember reading some online message boards about CCL stock just before I bought it. There were all these naysayers talking trash about the Carnival Corporation and saying that it was going to go bankrupt due to the Concordia incident. I thought they were idiots then, and I still do!

Edited by Spaniel Lover

Wonder why it has gone up so much? Didnt think their prospects seem to be so great right now

I guess the stock analyst think that with all the cutbacks the profits should go up or it could be the market as a whole is just going up. RCL stock went up $1.45 a share today as well.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover