Queen Victoria 2014 World Voyage

Porthopper101

January 12, 2014

Embarking,

We left our hotel at 11:00 am. We were worried there might be traffic; many ships were in port. To our surprise, there was no traffic. We arrived at terminal #19 at 11:20 am. We were among the first few to arrive. We were told the embarking would be at 1:00 pm. To their word, we started the embarking process at 1:00 pm. everything went smoothly. We were in our cabin by 1:30 pm.

Since I do not like a messy cabin, we decide to skip dinner at the Britannia to finish unpacking. Our room steward Patrick brought me a plastic chest of drawers; it really helps since I took so many items. Most of my 37 formal gowns and 32 cocktails dresses are in two cases under the bed.

11933804096_8e4882c61c_b.jpg

11933676016_cbba2898c6_b.jpg

11933714116_9e8a42175f_b.jpg

The ship:

To my delight, she is still as beautiful as in 2009. Everything is the same. I am truly blessed to be on her again.

Our Cabin:

Deck six, mid-ship.

The crew:

It is great to see some familiar faces. I am lousy with names, but I never forget the faces. A photographer from QE was the first person I saw before me boarding the ship. Paula, our server in the Britannia is now a supervisor in the Lido. A few are still here since 2009, others from QE and QM.

I am not sure the reason for our delayed departure. We left Fort Lauderdale at 8:50.

January 13, 2014

First day at sea,

I took a seasickness tablet before we departed last night. I do not remember what happened next :D. I woke up this morning at 8:30 feeling fuzzy from the tablet. I wish they would make some kind of pill without that side effect for whimsy people like me.

After a shower, I did feel much better. We went to the Lido for breakfast. It was great to see so many people from our last three cruises.

It is time to for our first Roll calls. I will be back soon :).

11933307694_e09a57acdf_c.jpg

January 12, 2014

We were in our cabin by 1:30 pm.

Since I do not like a messy cabin, we decide to skip dinner at the Britannia to finish unpacking. Our room steward Patrick brought me a plastic chest of drawers; it really helps since I took so many items.

Wow. Nice to know that if needed, a plastic chest of drawers might be available. Thanks for posting the cabin pics. Very helpful.

I'm still trying to work out what category of cabin has both a balcony window (post 38) and an oceanview window (post 51).

Now that you point that out, it looks very similar (including the wardrobe also) to one we had on the QV which was 7072.

I'm also on board and having a great time. My personal feelings are that this is such an upgrade from RCCL. For the most part, the dress code is being followed. One guy did look like he put on a jacket over his pj's.

I think the food is good along with the entertainment.

More soon.

Don

I'm still trying to work out what category of cabin has both a balcony window (post 38) and an oceanview window (post 51).

Hi Ray66,

We have booked the PG but requested to dine at the Britannia as our friends are boarding the ship in Santiago and Sydney. A few weeks ago, our agent at Cunard called and asked if we wanted to switch the cabin. She offered us this cabin for much less; we agreed. It is a handicap cabin.

Best regards

Marie

We went on our first CC Roll call yesterday. There were 26 people. Everyone seemed friendly. Andy, our group leader, is super nice and funny. We are very pleased to have him here with us.

Last night was informal. I saw many casually dressed in sun dresses. I am not a fashion expert, but I do know the different between day dress and evening dress. I would never wear a sun dress to a restaurant like a Britannia. What a pity.

We have six table mates; two are from Germany, two are from Houston, Texas, and two are from London. They are very charming people. And thank goodness, they do dress nice.

Our server is Roberto from the Philippine. His assistant is Anton from Romania. Yesterday was Anton’s second day with Cunard. He has worked for P&O. I have a feeling we are going to get along very well.

I am happy to report that there is no virus on the ship; we are free to help ourselves at the Lido. Fingers crossed.

The internet is very slow. I will post pictures later.

Have a fantastic day

Marie

. I am not a fashion expert,

I am happy to report that there is no virus on the ship; we are free to help ourselves at the Lido. Fingers crossed.

The internet is very slow. I will post pictures later.

Have a fantastic day

Marie

Hi, Marie!

I would have to disagree about you not being a fashion expert!

People have been beautifully dressed on the QE but I have been told that is because of the crossing and once we get to the tropics it will not be as formal.

So far our internet has been very fast (except for uploading pictures).

Enjoy!

Kathi

Hi Marie, yes we are due to go on QE 2015 on a segment of the world cruise. Is this your first cruise on QV? How do you like her compared to QM2?

Can you clarify again about your cabin as I am still trying to figure it out? You booked PG but switched to an accessible cabin? Is it still PG or another category? Thanks for your help.

Hi Porthopper.

Can you post the link to your blog or are you just posting on Cruise Critic?

We are booked on Queen Victorias World Voyage in 2015 together with our close friends - both couples are celebrating 50th Wedding Anniversaries. So we will be following your adventures with interest!

Good luck and enjoy.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning Dave,

No, I am not doing a blog. However, if you have any question please feel free to post it here. I will try my best to answer you.

Best wishes

Marie

Good Morning Marie,

Thanks for that, I will add this thread to my CP so that I can follow your progress and receive any notifications.

Together with our friends we are booked on next years full World Voyage on Queen Victoria and we have chosen outside Staterooms 1113 and 1111. If you are anywhere them en route to the Theatre, then I would appreciate your comments on the location, noise and access. If by chance you can see inside I would be interested in the size etc? We have never been on QV only QM2.

With all good wishes and enjoy the Sun!

Dave

Absolutely elegant!

Anyone remember the photo of Marie standing beside the picture of Queen Elizabeth? She made the queen look under-dressed and dowdy in comparison. :D

Marie always looks like royalty.

Love that you have your own thread for this cruise, Marie. It is going to be so much fun following you around the world.

Absolutely elegant!

When I saw all of those lovely looking shoes at the bottom on your closet, I just knew that you would have some beautiful gowns to wear with them. This one is fabulous! I look forward to seeing more as the voyage progresses!

When I saw all of those lovely looking shoes at the bottom on your closet, I just knew that you would have some beautiful gowns to wear with them. This one is fabulous! I look forward to seeing more as the voyage progresses!

Thank you, Safarigal. This is the reason I love Cunard :).

Anyone remember the photo of Marie standing beside the picture of Queen Elizabeth? She made the queen look under-dressed and dowdy in comparison. :D

Marie always looks like royalty.

Love that you have your own thread for this cruise, Marie. It is going to be so much fun following you around the world.

Thank you, Burn. Any news??? Hope all is well with you and the weather is as nice as where I am :D.

Hugs

Marie