What is the Elite lounge?

Ronnie1a

Looks like Royal Caribbean does a better job. Free appetizers and drinks from 5-8:30 daily.

On Princess you can attend once you have reached Platinum status which is 50 days of cruising.

On RCCL (if I remember it correctly):

To get to Diamond level (which no longer includes free drinks) you need to have 80 days of cruising.

To get to Diamond Plus level (which does include the free drinks) you need to have 175 days of cruising.

So the "better job" on RCCL is only after 175 days of cruising.

Which is why we have choices. I prefer to supply my own drinks and use the Princess product over RCI.
Ditto. Plus, I prefer the unlimited free laundry and very generous Internet package. I may have one drink a night so free drinks isn't a big deal to me.

FYI, it's in the Explorer's Lounge on the Coral and Island, Club 6 on the Royal (when it's not in the Vista Lounge) and I think in One5 on the Grand. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

On Princess you can attend once you have reached Platinum status which is 50 days of cruising.

On RCCL (if I remember it correctly):

To get to Diamond level (which no longer includes free drinks) you need to have 80 days of cruising.

To get to Diamond Plus level (which does include the free drinks) you need to have 175 days of cruising.

So the "better job" on RCCL is only after 175 days of cruising.

Actually 80 days.

We think Celebrity has the right idea when it comes to their "Elites." The cocktails in their nightly "Elite" party are totally free! Wonder of Princess is listening :)

Hank

However Celebrity does not have the right idea on how to fairly ease into changes in how points are earned while working towards making it to Elite. To award half the points that we would have received for a 15 day Verandah cruise because they changed the program while we were ON THE SHIP isn't the way to make loyal guests. The Captains Club changes were very poorly implemented.

Terry

We think Celebrity has the right idea when it comes to their "Elites." The cocktails in their nightly "Elite" party are totally free! Wonder of Princess is listening :)

Hank

Not everyone is motivated by free drinks. The celebrity cruises I have been on have been mediocre at best. Princess and Hal do a way better job.

Actually 80 days.

It does not appear that all the drinks are free

The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue.

It does not appear that all the drinks are free

The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue.

Exclusive Nightly Event is when a ship does not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge and you get what you wrote above.

By now there are only 4 ships left in the fleet without a dedicated Diamond Lounge. When a ship has a Diamond Lounge you will get open bar with almost anything you want. My last 3 trips on Royal Caribbean has been on ships with a dedicated Diamond Lounge and every night I could get my favorite brand of scotch witch is Dewar's White Label. And on my Transatlantic last month I would leave every night with with my glass of port Sandeman in my hand..You also get to choose daily from like 5 different snacks, mostly hot snacks.

So for me the way that Princess is doing it to give some snacks, BUT you have to buy your drinks is hardly a perk!!

However Celebrity does not have the right idea on how to fairly ease into changes in how points are earned while working towards making it to Elite. To award half the points that we would have received for a 15 day Verandah cruise because they changed the program while we were ON THE SHIP isn't the way to make loyal guests. The Captains Club changes were very poorly implemented.

Terry

Terry

Contact Celebrity.

Someone wrote that they are re-adjusting points for people caught in the changeover as you seem to have been.

We did back-to-back four-night cruises on the Ruby last month. The good thing was that they varied the menu so that the special featured item did not repeat on the second cruise (except for the guacamole, and even it was described differently).

On the Island Princess, the event was held in the Explorer's Lounge. That's probably what Satxdiver was thinking when answering. On the Ruby it's in Skywalkers. Someone did ask to see our cards the first night, but never again. They did have a sign at the entrance letting people know the qualifications.