Qsine

Hockeylovinmom

Exactly how does Qsine work? I have looked at the menu and their are many intriguing offerings, but do you select one dish from each category? It seems that would be a lot of food unless the servings are small. What has been your experience, cc friends?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly how does Qsine work? I have looked at the menu and their are many intriguing offerings, but do you select one dish from each category? It seems that would be a lot of food unless the servings are small. What has been your experience, cc friends?

Just order whatever appeals to you. You are not limited to one dish from each category. Most servings are small, but you can order as much as you like from any category.

Some of the choices are groups of several items that come together, such as a dollhouse-like box with a number of compartments that contain different things to try.

When dining with a large group and you all want to share, they will bring out more food than when you are just ordering for two people.

Edited by varoo

It's a bit like the traditional style Chinese restaurant gimmick - select one from column A, one from column B, etc.

That said - I don't fancy it. Qsine - - I love traditional Chinese restaurants.

Qsine doesn't serve Chinese food that's Silk Harvest, the restaurant Qsine replaced from Eclipse onwards :) it doesn't work like you said either! Have you actually been? :confused:

Qsine doesn't serve Chinese food that's Silk Harvest, the restaurant Qsine replaced from Eclipse onwards :) it doesn't work like you said either! Have you actually been? :confused:

If you READ my words, nowhere did I say or so much as infer Qsine served Chinese food. Now did I?

Have I been? Yes - - twice.

I gave you my impression via comparative illustration. Suggest you do likewise and not worry about what others opine or write.

Bon Voyage!

Qsine does serve huge portions. What I recommend is that you get over the feeling that you have to finish everything or you will feel sick from eating too much.

I have dined there three times and each time we tried new things. My favorites were the Qsine Greens, which is a nice salad with a goat cheese crouton- yum! For dinner the Painters Mignon is great for beef lovers and the Turkish Kabob was another favorite of mine. The Lava Crab is too rich and the Disco Shrimp is cute and light. The Indian dish was just so-so and I love Indian food. All the desserts were delish!

Really it is just about having a good time and the creations are inspired but not gourmet. It's whimsical and fun.

It's a bit like the traditional style Chinese restaurant gimmick - select one from column A, one from column B, etc.

That said - I don't fancy it. Qsine - - I love traditional Chinese restaurants.

Not at all, you don't pick anything from a certain column.

We LOVED Q Sine, there is no specific way to order and you can in fact order everything on the menu. The experience is best done with a large group and then everyone shares each dish. With a big group you can simply say, "bring us 1 of everything". It works best this way.

If you go with under 4 people, it's best that each person picks 2-3 things and then you all share. You'll still have too much food, but dessert can be made to go.

It's a wonderful experience, a lot of fun.

We loved Qsine too. The waiter will help you out with your selections, so don't worry too much. Yes, I agree with others that you could get a lot of food. We didn't have any lunch on the day we went. We did not have the box with the 12 compartments in it as pictured above (great pictures) and I guess we missed a good choice. We didn't have anything we didn't like.

Two of us shared 3 items and we each had the Painters Minion. Except for the spring rolls the other 2 items were small. We each had a dessert. We were full but not uncomfortably so. We sat next to 3 people who seemed to order everything on the menu. Don't know how they did it.

We just dined at Silk Harvest with 11 others and I think they brought out ever item on the appetizer and main course menu for us to try. My DH & I shared a dessert. Again, we took small bits and did not leave overly full.

Mary Lou

I have to HIGHLY recommend the Silver Bullet dessert. BEST thing EVER. Skip the cupcakes you can do that at home with an easy bake oven. The doughnuts were great too.

I enjoyed the Lava Crab, Painters Mignon, and Fish and chips. I did NOT like the Turkish cabinet or the sushi.

Pace yourself. We over did it the first time and I thought I was going to explode.

If you READ my words, nowhere did I say or so much as infer Qsine served Chinese food. Now did I?

Have I been? Yes - - twice.

I gave you my impression via comparative illustration. Suggest you do likewise and not worry about what others opine or write.

Bon Voyage!

No, it sounds like you were saying that you can only order one thing from each column, which is definitely not true. You can order as much as you like.

I think we got to seven items before we told our waiter, no more. That M's favorite box really did us in. We loved the lava crab, soup and souffle, tresceviche, and lobster escargot. We nibbled on the desserts (which were great. need to save more room for desserts next time) and brought the chocolate covered strawberries back to our room and we ate them for breakfast the next morning.

We just got off the Millennium and went to Qsine in a group of 6 and absolutely loved it! They chose for us (we told them what we do and don't like) and everything was amazing and the presentation was quirky and fun. As there were 6 of us they brought every dessert - don't miss the Chocolate Tombstone - best dessert on the ship in our view.

Its something that's definitely worth doing once.

We went on the Reflection and expected it to be like a Dim Sum restaurant, where each order would be the same size regardless of how many people there were at the table. So we simply ordered more plates, so that we could taste different things. Some plates we ordered 2 so that there would be enough for everyone who wanted a taste.

Boy, were we wrong! They size the plates for the number of people! We were a group of 8; each dish could feed 8 by itself. There were 16 sushi lollipops, 8 sliders, 8 pieces of filet. Being in a larger group didn't allow you to taste more without waste. Finally we had to cancel a number of dishes because we were stuffed!

I wish they'd do it the other way (say, 4 sushi no matter how many people) and let you order more if you with.

The waiters do push too much food on the customers. Stick with this approach. If it is a table of two. Each get a maximum of two things. No matter what the waiter says! He'll push three items and if you are saving room for dessert this is way too much food. Same can be said for a large group- if each guest orders two different items there will be plenty of food to share.

I sampled most of the items and have been there three times. My personal favorites are the Qsine Greens and the Painter's Mignon. I agree that the Chocolate Tombstone is a winner and can easily be shared. They come around with the chocolate covered strawberries anyway. This would be plenty of food for one person.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain