Carnival's big announcement

ATHENA3

Anyone want to guess about the big announcement in NY on the week of Jan 20th? JH said on Mon a big announcement coming this week for Carnival and he will be in NY.

And he said it’s not the Vista home port for NY on a post. I’m sure in his mind this will be brilliant.

Anyone want to guess about the big announcement in NY on the week of Jan 20th? JH said on Mon a big announcement coming this week for Carnival and he will be in NY.

And he said it’s not the Vista home port for NY on a post. I’m sure in his mind this will be brilliant.

They are upgrading the entertainment.

Bill

My guess: On the heels of the environmental agreement Carnival made with the EPA last year regarding the scrubbers, Carnival will be adding sailings out of New York for 2015.

My guess: On the heels of the environmental agreement Carnival made with the EPA last year regarding the scrubbers, Carnival will be adding sailings out of New York for 2015.

Hard to believe they would put more ships there when they are having problems filling what they have. Prices on the cruises out of NY are dirt cheap.

But then again, nothing that Carnival does surprises me anymore.

The problem with these announcements of announcements is the speculation far exceeds the reality when the announcement is made. Throwing "entertainmenbt" out there, I would expect nothing ledd than the elimination of the phony Playlist productions, and evening entertainment where passengers are the main headliner.

The last one fell flat, turning out to be Cat in the Hat at Sea, a concept so far down the scale of Disney, and even Nickelodeon, it even has a cheap liscencing fee.

Right now we are watching the brilliant Freedom Dry Dock, speculated early that it was doing to be Sunshined, and now we are lucky if it will even Get a Guys.

At first I thought maybe it was Carnival getting involved in the Super Bowl (and having the "Bud Lite" cruise ship docked at the NY Pier), but looks like NCL is taking over the Super Bowl:

Getaway then departs on a transatlantic crossing that ends in New York City’s Pier 88 in Manhattan where the ship will be transformed into the official “Bud Light Hotel” for the Super Bowl (being held in Giants Stadium) between Jan. 30 and Feb. 2.

Staterooms will be given over to “Bud Lite” contest winners who will enjoy the city and the ship, and revel in nighttime Superbowl parties in a private viewing area on shore where a stage (near the Intrepid Naval Museum) will feature concerts by The Foo Fighters, The Roots and other popular bands.

I cannot imagine what Carnival is going to do with a New York announcement, why come to New York to talk entertainment?

Edited by ibcnusoon

All he has said is there will be an announcement, nothing more. Carnival listens to their own web pages IMHO

Can you name a recent decision or a change in decision that was based directly upon feedback from their customers? I am just not seeing that they are truly basing decisions on what their customers want.

This announcement doesn't have the hype(yet anyway)that the Dr Seuss thing did. I just don't understand the whole concept of announcing an announcement, especially a long time in advance. It does cause a lot of pre-announcement hype and leaves a lot of people disappointed after speculation of something really great and then something like Dr Seuss is announced. I agree that it is great for families with smaller children but not really for families with older children/teens or adults so a lot of people were disappointed in that one.

I think the announcement will be......

They are "Moving Elegant Night for the SuperBowl to another night"....... lol;)

Just to lighten up this thread a bit:D

LOL. That or they are giving out vouchers for Splendor cruisers to go over and visit the Bud Light ship that NCL will have in port.

Now there's a line that has its finger on the pulse of its customers, not extending it.

I too wish posters would stop over hyping these announcements. It's fine to speculate on what you think will be announced but to say "its going to be the biggest and best announcement ever!" is setting yourself and others up for disappointment. That doesn't mean that I think the Dr. Seuss idea among others was terrible, but to read some of the comments from other posters on here prior to that announcement you'd think Carnival that was about to start having cruises to the moon! :rolleyes: