Carnival's big announcement

ATHENA3

What they should be doing us giving everyone a update on their retrofit of redundant safety systems . They should also announce that from this day ccl corp will be reporting 100 % of crime not just case closed crime t- thus will get them ahead of the curve with the new industry wide report

But this is carnival , and just like the old time carnies of past they march out their barker to build hype on an announcement

Keeping it top of mind in where they can control

Probably get a b or c list washed up celeb cook to announce a signature dish who would replace a similar dish already served on board

The new dish would be hyped and proclaimed the best

The .99 store of the seas !

Didn't they hail their new loyalty program when it came out as a fantabulous announcement? Don't recall many liking that one.

You mean the brilliant new loyalty program????

But not to worry they are reviewing it with the eye to making it even more brilliant

Maybe they are going to put a different ship in Baltimore and improve the service and the entertainment.

that would be great!!

I have found out that the announcement will be on 1/22 at 3 pm

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I may have to leave work early on that day :D

Maybe they are bringing Broadway to Carnival - thus making it relevant to have the press conference in NYC.

Makes sense now that they have The Cat in the Hat for kids that they would have a performance of Cats in the main lounge followed by Les Miserables when they go fleet wide with the new menus. ;)

Edited by sanmarcosman

I am just thankful carnival doesn't base its decisions and announcements based on cruise critic message boards.

That really is too bad. They wouldn't have fallen so far, so fast if they had only listened. :p

When I think "entertainment" and "New York", Broadway comes to mind... but I don't think it will be anything that exciting. Probably some announcement for New York sailings or some such.

Maybe they are bring Broadway to Carnival - thus making it relevant to have the press conference in NYC.

Of course I might be wrong. :rolleyes:

Carnival Cruise Lines fell way too far out of favor with numerous producers on The Great White Way in earlier years, resulting in them being given a very limited time to remove any/all reference of 'Broadway' in print or online media . . . as well as removing all snippits in production events containing elements of licensed B'way shows.

The financial cost to continue those onboard was apparently beyond what the line was willing to provide, and there were some quality stipulations that just weren't going to be met period.

I definitely can't say that all of those producers still have CCL on (or near) the top of their Naughty list, but some of them absolutely still do.

Like many here online, I would enjoy reading that CCL is becoming more focused on taking their onboard entertainment into a better direction, but I don't personally see that coming with the blessing of some very talented/smart New York peeps any time soon.

Until then, there's always the ever-popular spoon and spool of string. Wheeeee!!

Kind of ironic, since we still don't have a ship in NY with 2.0 upgrades.

There was talk of a Splendor dry dock including 2.0 over a year ago, and then it was postponed until ...........never? Still nothing.

Join the club. West coast ships don't have them either

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

Carnival Cruise Lines fell way too far out of favor with numerous producers on The Great White Way in earlier years, resulting in them being given a very limited time to remove any/all reference of 'Broadway' in print or online media . . . as well as removing all snippits in production events containing elements of licensed B'way shows.

The financial cost to continue those onboard was apparently beyond what the line was willing to provide, and there were some quality stipulations that just weren't going to be met period.

I definitely can't say that all of those producers still have CCL on (or near) the top of their Naughty list, but some of them absolutely still do.

Like many here online, I would enjoy reading that CCL is becoming more focused on taking their onboard entertainment into a better direction, but I don't personally see that coming with the blessing of some very talented/smart New York peeps any time soon.

Until then, there's always the ever-popular spoon and spool of string. Wheeeee!!

Stopped going to welcome aboard shows some time ago so forgot about the high tech spoon and string thing.

Wonder how long Broadway shows have control over their music?

I can't imagine the announcement is anything exciting, us New Yorkers are already upset that Carnival pulled out of our market and no longer sailing from here, Baltimore, Boston and Norfolk.

So why would the brand ambassador and his beards come to New York and make an "exciting" announcement, about what, why don't they go to Miami and make an announcement.

If this has anything to do about entertainment, it's a joke that it's being done in New York, while you pull your ship from the market.

Totally agree. Sorry but there is no need to come to NY to make an announcement about new entertainment. Come the Fall of this year, there will be no year round sailings on Carnival from this area. So unless that is changing, I see no point in coming to NY.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

LOL

Along with the tablecloth issue I was thinking they would get rid of bedding and everyone packs a sleeping bag. Think of how much they'd save on laundry! :p

Sometimes I think that's not too far from the truth. Reading here makes me think cruising shiould now be about making it easy for the crew.

MAybe I missed something in the past. What was the falling out of dis-faaor all about?

Anyone want to guess about the big announcement in NY on the week of Jan 20th? JH said on Mon a big announcement coming this week for Carnival and he will be in NY.

And he said it’s not the Vista home port for NY on a post. I’m sure in his mind this will be brilliant.

Hi Athena :)

I have not read the replies to your post here, I apologize if this

has been stated already. I located the post on John Healds

Facebook page where he mentions he will be coming to NY

January 20th.

Within the many replies to his post he was asked when this

announcement was going to occur and his reply was January

22nd. Just thought I'd pass the info along. Have a terrific day!

:)