Repositioning criuses

EileenN

We have book a repo from Tampa to Boston for 12 days and was wondering if many of you have travelled on these cruises. How friendly did you find the other fellow cruisers to be?

Was it too long? Does the food items on the menus change after 7 days or is it the same cycle of menus?

Please feel free to share....

We have book a repo from Tampa to Boston for 12 days and was wondering if many of you have travelled on these cruises. How friendly did you find the other fellow cruisers to be?

Was it too long? Does the food items on the menus change after 7 days or is it the same cycle of menus?

There is a lengthy roll call for this cruise. There are many on the roll call who have done this and other repo cruises many times. The roll call is a friendly bunch. Come over and say hello. This will be my first repo so I can't answer your questions until May :)

My parents are on the 12 day repo from Tampa to Boston also. They did the same repo last year also. They will also be on the 7 day cruise the week before, so they'll be on for 19 days. I'm joining them for the first 7 days. There is a huge roll call for the 12 day repo.

My husband and I love the longer repo cruises. The menu does change as does the entertainment. Always met great people onboard and on the roll calls. My husbands first cruise we went for 15 night repo on the spirit. He thought I was crazy booking such a long cruise. Now he won't go on a cruise that is less than two weeks. He's hooked.

We try to do the longer cruises whenever possible. The mix and atmosphere are a bit different. Sort of like everyone is on the same adventure. And, the crew takes it a bit different vs the same 7 day over and over again.

Stop over the to ROLL CALL for this cruise. (see link below)

As to the menu - Really do not know, I guess they do. But, with all the choices, we manage. There is some "same ole stuff" after a bit. But, not a problem for us.

Edited by garycarla

I am on this same repo cruise, i've never done a repo but I have done 2 Trans-atlantic cruises with NCL and I have found the other passengers and crew members very pleasant and great to know. I too like the longer cruises. The longest I've been on is a 25 day cruise, Baltic cruise followed by a trans-atlantic.

Does the food items on the menus change after 7 days or is it the same cycle of menus?

NCL has 14 fleetwide daily menus from which each ship chooses a subset they'll use on shorter cruises - so no, there will be no cycling of menus (or there shouldn't be).

Embarkation night is always the lobster night (either Surf & Turf or Seafood Extravaganza, depening on which of two lobster-including menus is used, usually the first one).

Ellen,

We have done two or three re-pos, we are doing the same one you just booked. As for the friendliness of the passengers, it is more the particular cruise, not the whether it is a repo or not. As for the food, we are accustom to splitting our dining between specialty dining rooms and MDRs, so I haven't seen a repeat. I am sure others will have the answer to this for you.

Here has been our experience with the friendliness part: did the first crossing on the Jewel from Dover, repo and the people were really friendly. It was probably our favorite cruise. Did a repo on the Pearl about 4 years ago, the people on our M&G were just like any other M&G, we had a really good time. We did Princess from Canada to Ft Lauderdale 2 years ago: the people were ok, but I wouldn't say overly friendly. In fact, to be honest, we found the M&G group pretty unfriendly overall. I don't know about the upcoming group. I am sure if you go to the Roll Call section and sign up or at least start reading you will form your own ideas.

The two repo's we sailed had roll call groups numbering in the hundred's so large our M&G's both had to be held in La Cucina restaurant .

Its so much fun sailing with such large groups that you kinda know from these boards .

Member " DebbieCruises " setup our " Red solo cup sailors " group this past Nov.

Jose and Patie had a little fun with us in this video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYMFiHOawrI

Edited by biker@sea

I was on the Dawn repo this past November. The cruise itself was wonderful. Very relaxing and it was so nice that, after the first week was over, we still had another week to go. One thing that caught me off guard, though, was the age demographics of the passengers. It never occurred to me that the majority of the passengers would be older than 50. While it was fine with me and my sister, our 22 year old niece had a very hard time finding anyone her own age during the cruise. She finally met a wonderful young woman about 5 days in and they ended up spending the majority of the rest of the cruise together but, depending on your age, it might be something to consider. I loved that we had a lot more time to really get to know both the other passengers AND, more importantly(I think), the crew. They stopped being nameless and faceless and, by the end of the cruise, seemed almost like an extended family. The greetings were more genuine, the bartenders knew your preferances before you even asked and the smiles were more real. I would go on another repo any time.