Dr Oz Two Week Diet

INeedAMaiTai

I'm on day two.... Broth is fantastic, smoothie is meh, but as long as it works I will be happy. Anyone else trying this? I know Dr Oz is sort of a quack, but I have 9 1/2 weeks to fit into a bathing suit, so I'll do what I can, and it never hurts to give it a shot.

It's mainly low carb, gluten free, dairy free, only lean proteins. Definitely not something to stick to forever, but I still have a few lbs to go. Day 4 and I'm down a lb (not water because I was already losing weight). My girlfriend has already lost 4 lbs in the same time.

I'm on day two.... Broth is fantastic, smoothie is meh, but as long as it works I will be happy. Anyone else trying this? I know Dr Oz is sort of a quack, but I have 9 1/2 weeks to fit into a bathing suit, so I'll do what I can, and it never hurts to give it a shot.

I agree...Dr. Oz is pretty much a quack! But what's his diet? Looks like you're losing some serious weight!

Energy balance is the primary dietary driver of body weight and it also impacts body composition. A chronic surplus of calories will result in increased body weight and a chronic deficit of calories will result in a loss of body weight.

Have you calculated your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and your average weekly activity level. If you have, then to lose weight, consume 10% to 20% less than TDEE.

Of course, you can just follow the next fad diet with lists of foods not permitted, which simply is creating a diet-for-dummies type book by imposing calorie restriction from the massive lists of foods banned.