All Access Tour - Voyager of the Seas

We've not done it on Voyager, but have done it on other shops. The tour will take you through the galley in the MDR, food storage areas, waste incineration plant, engine control room, down the "I-95" corridor, backstage at the ice rink and main theater, through certain crew areas, and ending up with a bridge tour. It will last about 3-1/2 hours and will be guided in each area by different crew and staff members. You cannot wear open toed shoes, so be prepared for that, and it requires walking and climbing crew stairs. We've enjoyed the one's we've been on and felt it was a worthwhile tour.

Anyone done the All Access Tour on Voyager before? Is it worth it? Any tips so I know what to expect would be great! Thanks in advance.

I took a video of the Voyager All Access Tour - check it out:

:)

Video is allowed throughout the tour except on the bridge. Still photos are still OK on the bridge.

The contents of the video is pretty much in the same order as they were on the actual tour. One exception is the backstage tour of La Scala theatre is the last part of the All Access Tour, right after visiting the bridge. One area you don't get to see is Studio B - this is perhaps the only thing I thought was missing from the tour. Other than that, you really do get a comprehensive insight into the ship's areas usually inaccessible to guests.

One member of the activities team is your tour guide and takes you about the various areas of the ship. At each stop there's a crew member who talks you through the importance of that particular area of the ship. That could be the Head Chef in the galley, the Chief Engineer in the engine control room, Human Resources Manager in the crew recreational areas, etc.

Would I do it again? Probably not but only because of the cost. Having said that I would have to consider it if I ever sail on an Oasis-class ship :)

Will you get to see the huge Diesel engines?

You will see the engine from a live camera in the engine control room. If you're lucky the engineer may even open the door to an engine room so you can hear the noise (and feel the heat!) - but for security reasons they don't actually take you into the engine room.

EDIT: And the tour is broken up into two parts by a rest stop at the La Boheme Dining Room (Deck 4) and an exclusive morning tea with some snack foods just for the people on the All Access Tour. You also get some goodies to take home with you - the All Access Tour pass attached Royal Caribbean lanyard are yours to keep, as is an 'All Access Tour' apron and heshen bag.

1992025979_RCI---9Mar2013---AllAccessTour---BagApron.jpg.f9dc1120c10bf4799403018d02125a67.jpg

RCI---9Mar2013---AllAccessTour---Pass.jpg.656dee63a08ef78e18b68ff97115d2b3.jpg

Edited by marquisite

I did the all access tour on the Liberty a couple of year ago. In my mind the price was not worth it since it did not show or tell me anything that I truly did not already know. I have done the Full day Disney tour which takes you behind the scenes at three theme parks, feeds you lunch, and takes 8 hours and the cost was not much over this 2-3 hour tour.

Here are some pictures:

http://pblq.com/bts.html

Reed

Edited by reedl