Food on Celebrity

denali1

Just curoius what peoples perceptions of the food was on any recent Celebrity cruises?

For awhile there was some good dialogue going about this subject, but haven't seen too much lately.

Anyone?

I can honestly say that we have enjoyed the food on Celebrity on each and every cruise.

You didn't ask for this but I'll mention it anyway. Just my opinion. I found the lunch in the buffet way superior on RCL but the dinners really lacked. It truly made me wish we were having dinner on Celebrity. :)

Hi:) Food is always such a subjective and (sometimes vilotile) subject on

this forum anyway.

My last cruise was Century in March. The food was wonderful. But then again,

I agree with BT and I have always enjoyed my food on all my cruises.

Maybe I am just easy;)

I will be sailing on Summit in October and will be glad to give you a fresh

update after returning:)

I think the X food is very good.......just bored w/ it b/c it is the "same old/same old" -- menu's never change. We did do alternative dining ($2 pp) on some informal eves and that was different and there was a pasta station set up out by indoor pool on Mercury which was GREAT(no charge) and then there is always the sushi bar (no charge). Never leave hungry.

The way I see it is this:

Someone else is cooking it.

Someone else is serving it to me.

Someone else is cleaning up after I enjoy it....and I will because of the above mentioned :p

It doesn't get better than that!! :D

We have cruised more than once on NCL and X. The menues of each do not seem to have had any siginifcant changes in the past couple of years.

How often do the lines change menues?

Probably ought to post this on "Ask A Cruise Question" forum also.

Charlie

We've been many X cruises, and this past May we noticed that the food was even better! We've always thought it was good, but some of the dishes (fish) was a little lacking. This cruise everything was wonderful. The beef was outstanding! I'm not a huge beef eater, but when it's prepared the way I prefer, I dig in...needless to say, it was perfect.

I always liked the food on X. I like the "familiar" menu. I really can say I have never had a bad meal in the main Dining room. There have been things I didn't like, because I had never had that particular thing before, but if you don't try something new, how will you know if you do like it or not.

I thought the food on RCCL was particually bad.The only really good meal was in Portofino's and of course, you have to pay for that. I ( IMOHO) prefer the low key atmosphere on X during dining than RCCL. There was WAY too much activity during evening dinner on RCCL for my taste. I really don't care for kids parades and singing and dancing waiters when I am trying to enjoy my dinner and have nice conversation. It is impossible to compete with bullhorns blaring.

Enough from me

Cya

Jeff

Dinners during my April cruise on Mercury were absolutely equal to Century's two years ago.

I wasn't really impressed with lunch selections and quality in the buffet. (IMHO HAL beats X in this department by a mile)

Sushi bar was very good... So good we were having sushi every day after the dinner :o .

I think ,what makes X food even more special is presentation and service! Atmosphere in DR is very close to upscale restaurants.:)

I loved dinner food on my HAL cruise (Zuiderdam), some dishes were definitely better than on X, but service was both slow and not very professional.

We eat luinch & dinner in the dining room, unless we are servied on our verandah. Fabulous meals with amazing deserts. Nothing like it at the buffet. Breakfast for the omeltte station is about it for us up there when friends phone at 9AM for us to meet them up there.

We thought the food on the Zenith was excellent -- we did the Windsurf for breakfast and lunch, dining room for dinner. We appreciated the variety, especially at lunch -- regular buffet line, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, grill. The two minor exceptions were the bagels and the pizza -- both were not as good as we could get at home. (But it did remind me of the kind of bagels and pizza you get outside the ny/nj area -- sort of like Lenders style bagels and frozen pizza.) Not bad just not what we're used to. It was really no big deal to substitute a wonderful chocolate filled croissant for my morning bagel or have great pasta or carving stations selections instead of pizza. BTW, my two DD's -- 9 and 5 -- loved the pizza.

Thanks for the food updates. Our last cruise, on the Summit in December, had good food, though buffets were not that great. Did enjoy the waffles at breakfast, and main dining room always. And of course the specialty restaurant was phenomenal.

For the most part, I thought the food on Celebrity was Very good in the dining room. I wasn't too impressed with deserts though and the food at lunch in the buffet was just okay and not much of a selection for my tastes. I did enjoy the waffle bar also.

My wife and I just completed our first cruise on the Infinity a few weeks ago. In all respects we found the food to be quite good in all venues for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As to dinners, we felt the food was about as good as you could get for banquet type meals for 950 or so people at one sitting. Preparations that lent themselves to mass cooking were great. It was only when the kitchen strayed into more labor intensive items, that things went ever so slightly downhill. Was it as good as many of the Boston area resturants we frequent? I would say not even close, but then again, those resturants seat far less and charge far more.

The specialty resturant was where the staff could really shine, and they indeed did. We had a supurb meal, with completely over the top service and top notch preparation. We ate there twice during the cruise.

The Sushi bar was also surprisingly good, was vistied frequently

My wife and I just completed our first cruise on the Infinity a few weeks ago. In all respects we found the food to be quite good in all venues for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As to dinners, we felt the food was about as good as you could get for banquet type meals for 950 or so people at one sitting. Preparations that lent themselves to mass cooking were great. It was only when the kitchen strayed into more labor intensive items, that things went ever so slightly downhill. Was it as good as many of the Boston area resturants we frequent? I would say not even close, but then again, those resturants seat far less and charge far more.

The specialty resturant was where the staff could really shine, and they indeed did. We had a supurb meal, with completely over the top service and top notch preparation. We ate there twice during the cruise.

The Sushi bar was also surprisingly good, was vistied frequently

I was on Infinity three years ago. At that time they offered a light and "healthy" option for breakfast and lunch that was served for limited in the Thassolotherapy pool area. Is that still available? It was such a lovely, quiet place to enjoy a light meal.

I was on Infinity three years ago. At that time they offered a light and "healthy" option for breakfast and lunch that was served for limited in the Thassolotherapy pool area. Is that still available? It was such a lovely, quiet place to enjoy a light meal.

Yes it is, we ate there frequently. As the weather was too wet and cold to sit out by the open pool area, we sat in the more enclosed Thassolotherapy area. One of the things that impressed us was the amount of "healthy" options on board the ship. There were many sugar free deserts as well as a different sugar free ice cream flavor of the day (quite good). Both low carb and low fat devotees were well taken care of.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the group... I thought the luncheon buffet was lacking, yet the dinners were great each evening..

One of our favorites was the pasta station... Pasta is fresh and tossed anyway you like it... This is where we usually ended up for lunch, and enjoyed it each day!!

Was on Horizon last week.

Breakfast buffet was great with a wide variety of choices.

Luch buffet was fine. There are a variety of choices. You can generally get a feel for how good the choices are by the length of the line at the grill.

Salad dressings are a particular weakness.

Celebrity cuisine is wonderful because YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOP FOR IT, PREPARE IT, OR CLEAN UP AFTER IT! And besides that, anyone who can't find something they like on each menu needs their head examined! We think the spa cafe food is especially delicious on the Millie class ships--forget the lunch buffet or dining room for your noontime eating.

The food on the Century Baltic cruise was excellent.Ante the M'atre D was fab and got Dh and I anything we wanted .always a step ahead> I love escargot and he made sure he ordered for me in advance.The menu did change on the 8 evening.We had King Crab Legs 2 LB each.thanks to our wonderful waitress Amelia.I thought the beef was outstanding always cooked the way I liked it.The Spinach salad was delicious and I ordered it more then once.Like the cold fruit soups as well.DH likes the shrimp cocktail.

I LOVE the fresh waffles and had to stop my self from eating them everyday.I did eat in the Alternative resturant on one occasion due to our evening shore excursion and it was fine,

Archived