Bringing wine on RCCL

I know this has been discussed before, but want clarification as we have not sailed Royal in a number of years.

I want to know if I can bring wine on board with me. I have seen it stated that I can bring 2 bottles with me in my carry-on bag, but also have read that Royal does not allow wine brought on at all.

I don't want to go to the trouble of bringing wine with me if it will be confiscated at check in. So, if you have recently been on a RCCL cruise and have the answer, I would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks!

You can bring on board, in your carry-on bag, 2 bottles (750 ml) of wine/champagne. That policy has been in effect for a little over a year now. Enjoy! Oh, that's per cabin, not per guest. Also note that if you bring one of those bottles to the dining room, you could be subject to a $25 corkage fee. But you are free to pour a glass and bring it into the dining room with you. Don't forget to pack your corkscrew. The one's that the cabin steward will give you aren't great.

Edited by KeywestK

I know this has been discussed before, but want clarification as we have not sailed Royal in a number of years.

I want to know if I can bring wine on board with me. I have seen it stated that I can bring 2 bottles with me in my carry-on bag, but also have read that Royal does not allow wine brought on at all.

I don't want to go to the trouble of bringing wine with me if it will be confiscated at check in. So, if you have recently been on a RCCL cruise and have the answer, I would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks!

Two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed at initial embarkation only. Royal does not care if you bring them in your carry-on or checked bags, but using the carry-on will likely result in less hassle.

Royal has not fully updated their website, so some old guidelines are probably still published.

Edited by clarea

Yay! I had looked at RCCL's website and it still says no alcohol of any type can be brought on board. And since my husband and I each have our own booking numbers (with 1 teen each per reservation, then do the onboard cabin shuffle), we can each bring 2.

Of course, I will still purchase mixed drinks onboard. Royal will make money from us that week.

When in doubt, trust fellow cruisers on CC before you trust the website. They do not update things like this in a timely fashion!

There are even incorrect pictures for staterooms, etc.

That is why I posted here! I knew I could get the correct information.

Now, if I could just get ahold of the 8 day menus for the Independence....

That is why I posted here! I knew I could get the correct information.

Now, if I could just get ahold of the 8 day menus for the Independence....

Since you want them only to plan for going to a specialty restaurant, don't worry.

When you board, go to Chops/Giovanni's Table. Deck 11, right at the entrance to the Windjammer buffet.

Each will have the week's menus there. You can read them then and decide which night will work best for you.

Don't worry; the chances of having difficulty booking the specialty restaurant are close to nil.