Rotterdam Upper Dining Room Floor Plan

brainyblonde

Would someone please post the link to the seating chart for the upper dining room on the Rotterdam? Would you also please indicate if all the R class ships use the same numbers? That would be the Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam and the Amsterdam.

Thanks,

brainyblonde

Would someone please post the link to the seating chart for the upper dining room on the Rotterdam? Would you also please indicate if all the R class ships use the same numbers? That would be the Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam and the Amsterdam.

Thanks,

brainyblonde

A link to the dining room charts can be found at http://www.halfacts.com.

As far as has been reported, all ships of a given class share the same table numbers.

A link to the dining room charts can be found at http://www.halfacts.com.

As far as has been reported, all ships of a given class share the same table numbers.

A word of caution, just left the Rotterdam last week and the table setting was different from what is indicated in the file!

I do not have everything that is different in the upper level, I can give some important remarks if you are on a 2 persons table; in the far left and right corner (starboard and port far back side of the “la Fontaine” dining room there is a 2 person table squeezed against the wall, known as “honeymoon table” among crew. You are very isolated at these tables!

Several dining room attendant stations listed in this layout, are no longer there! I am sure that station 7 and 8 no longer exist on Rotterdam, because we were on a 2 persons table that is located in this position, separated from the existing 2 persons table, by a pillar! I am almost certain that also the attendant station 13 and 14 no longer exist!

Attached an attempt of a corrected layout, I tried to insert the extra 2 person tables in the far port and starboard corners, the one on port side is definitely table number 316 (been there), also removed the 7, 8, 13 and 14 attendant stations and inserted tables in the position of 1 and 8, of which I am sure, table number for port side is 28, starboard side unknown, I do not know wat table setting has come in stead of station 13 and 14.

2034031596_ulRcorrectedMSRotterdam.jpg.5d152f8e5dcea8539facbd1749bda05d.jpg

Edited by Alphen

Attached an attempt of a corrected layout, I tried to insert the extra 2 person tables in the far port and starboard corners, the one on port side is definitely table number 316 (been there), also removed the 7, 8, 13 and 14 attendant stations and inserted tables in the position of 1 and 8, of which I am sure, table number for port side is 28, starboard side unknown, I do not know wat table setting has come in stead of station 13 and 14.

Hi Alphen -- your attachment came thru too small for me to work with. Could you email it to me please (email in sig)

Thanks

Rich

I have a DR layout if Rotterdam directly from the ship via ship services I can send, I received it 3 weeks ago. It is a PDF that's quite clear and looks different than the ones used currently.

Thanks, wish I new this before I started cutting and pasting in the original version :D

Edited by Alphen

Do you think that the reason there were table changes and service areas removed were because of cutbacks?

I have no idea.

We have been on the Rotterdam only twice and both this year. I only know that during the last dry dock in December 2012, all the tables were removed from the MDR and as far as I know, also new carpet. If changes to table lay out and or the service stations were made than, we can only speculate the reason. I did understand that 2 person tables were in high demand on the Rotterdam, so maybe they redid the layout to accommodate these wishes. Again, speculating. The only thing I know for sure is that the MDR of the MS Rotterdam has been reworked in December 2012, there are pictures of the work on the HAL blog and also on the forum.

I now have the current dining room charts for all ships. In a quick glance, they are not all the same within a class, so we are working on integrating the individual ships maps into the site.

Stay tuned

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Rich, you are doing all of us a great service. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to find an Amsterdam seating chart, only to find the Maasdam. I can't wait till your site is updated! Thanks a bunch! :)