How well is Gateway selling?

jmele999

So I wonder how well Gateway is selling. I received an e-mail from a TA advertising the following perks for booking a sailing on Gateway this spring:

-Pre-paid gratuities (2 people)

-Ultimate dinning package (2 people)

-$150 OBC

and if you book a balcony or higher you get an additional $100 on OBC.

So, the cruise is almost free.

So I wonder how well Gateway is selling. I received an e-mail from a TA advertising the following perks for booking a sailing on Gateway this spring:

-$150 OBC

That sounds good.

Edited by SissasMomE

-$150 OBC

"Getaway"

Did it happen to mention which sailing dates for the added perks?

I too would like to know the dates?

These are the dates I saw for this special:

$849 ... Feb. 8 (over Valentine's Day/Presidents Day weekend), 15; March 1, 8, 15, 29

$879 ... Feb. 22; April 5, 26

and to get the additional $100 obc you have to be one of the first 300 to book~

"In addition to the extras above, the first 300 bookings for a balcony or suite cabin will receive an additional $100 in onboard credit per cabin..."

Edited by Alliezona09

I couldn't resist this promotion. I just booked for the 3/8 sailing - $964 (total price pp, including taxes and fees) with pre-paid gratuities for 2 ($168), the Ultimate Dining Package for 2 ($238), and $250 OBC for the cabin. That's a whopping total of $656 in credits for a balcony guarantee. I even lucked out this afternoon with a very good airfare to Miami. Can't wait now - getting excited.

Gotta look for a place to stay now in Miami for one night pre-cruise.

I couldn't resist this promotion. I just booked for the 3/8 sailing - $964 (total price pp, including taxes and fees) with pre-paid gratuities for 2 ($168), the Ultimate Dining Package for 2 ($238), and $250 OBC for the cabin. That's a whopping total of $656 in credits for a balcony guarantee. I even lucked out this afternoon with a very good airfare to Miami. Can't wait now - getting excited.

Gotta look for a place to stay now in Miami for one night pre-cruise.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems to be the current strategy by cruise lines.

Try to get the cruise fares and up front revenue by packaging.

Also helps fill the specialities which on some trips are underutilized .

Celebrity have been doing this for a while with the 123 packaging.

Current pricing is way up but the grats, OBC, classic drinks are attracting bookings.

-$150 OBC

nevermind, found it ;)

Edited by mjm325

Is this deal available on NCL's website? Or is it only a special offer being provided by the TA?

And was I reading that correctly? The promo gets you FREE pre-paid gratuities + dining package and the $250 onboard credit? Jeez! If all that is true that is a killer deal!

I'm with you joeski27 -- I booked back in Nov. and thought I was getting a good deal with cabin upgrade and $200 OBC. But booked two balcony cabins and price I paid $200 more per person!!:eek::eek:

Plus, I don['t get the TA offer says taxes/fees $115 more but we paid $300 more in taxes and fees.

Does anyone think if I called NCL they'd offer me anything?? Anything at all?? If I say Pretty please?

I'm with you joeski27 -- I booked back in Nov. and thought I was getting a good deal with cabin upgrade and $200 OBC. But booked two balcony cabins and price I paid $200 more per person!!:eek::eek:

Plus, I don['t get the TA offer says taxes/fees $115 more but we paid $300 more in taxes and fees.

Does anyone think if I called NCL they'd offer me anything?? Anything at all?? If I say Pretty please?

Yeah seriously, that would be nice. Oh well, at this point we might as well forget about it and just focus on the fact that we are lucky enough to have a sweet cruise to look forward to. Sucks, but what can you do. I guess Kudos to those who got hooked up with the good deal, but that doesn't mean they'll have any better time then we will! :D

-$150 OBC

Hey! When's the cruising date? ;)

Actually, I am stunned by this deal. Since we've only been cruising for about 5 years, and we have touched Disney, Celebrity, Royal and NCL 'newest ships every time, it doesn't make sense.

Questions for those with longer experience.

If a TA is offering credits and related in the $600+ range, and no other large international TA is (including the CL PCC, in which I called), how is that done?

1. Does each of these CLs advertised by the TA 'give them something that they aren't giving everyone else? If so, why? Including the actual CL PCCs?

2. If each of the CLs aren't not 'giving anything special to one TA, how does that TA "COVER" the credits on staterooms (especially those under $1K)? What is a typical TA % 'take on a stateroom?

Any responses with answers appreciated. Still learning the ropes I guess.

Moderator - if this question is a TOS violation, just delete. I read the TOS several times to make sure that I phrased the questions in a general and broad sense.

Thanks.