Open Passage combinable offer just in

Ken1359

This situation applies to me and here is what our TA found out.

"I just spoke to Celebrity. I was advised that you are not eligible for both the OBC and 123 go because you converted your open passage into a booking on 2/28/13. In order to have been eligible, the open passage would have been converted between 11/29/13 and 2/28/14. Seems they are always changing the parameters. I asked if I could cancel and rebook but was told that it is no longer an open passage…"

I had added the 123 a couple of weeks ago before they announced this.

According to my TA who had a lengthly conversation with Celebrity on the subject, this only works if you pay the current prevailing rate (as Host Andy has pointed out). I booked at a MUCH cheaper rate, so therefore it doesn't work for me.

I agree that all these different promos are enough to give a person a headache!

According to my TA who had a lengthly conversation with Celebrity on the subject, this only works if you pay the current prevailing rate (as Host Andy has pointed out). I booked at a MUCH cheaper rate, so therefore it doesn't work for me.

I agree that all these different promos are enough to give a person a headache!

My rate is exactly the same as when I booked it.

I wonder if this applies to booking a cruise on board as well? I will be on Celebrity next month and have 2 cabins booked for a Bermuda cruise in June. I did not have an Open Passage certificate (used it for the cruise next month) and I knew it could not be combined if I booked while on board, so I just booked with 123Go. Is there any way for me to re-book and cancel the original reservation? Obviously I'd have to make sure that my TA gives me the same perks (although even a little less would be worth it if I could get the credit for booking while on board), and that the rate hasn't changed when I re-book.

I should ask my TA if she has any suggestions on how to handle this.

Last November, while being on board, I booked Bermuda cruise and got combinable OBC for booking on board and OBC from 123 promo, and I am getting prepaid gratuity from my TA.

Hi Jagoffee,

This is a tough one. I know the general rule, is that you can change your booking to add 123GO without cancelling, as long as you are within the rules of the promo and are willing to pay the current rate, and forfeit any prior perks. However, I highly doubt Celebrity would give you the same perks (of combining 2 offers), on an existing booking by calling. I tried this the other day, with a previous onboard booking, and was told no to any combining.

As you are cruising next week, I'd probably make a new booking as soon as possible, once onboard. Once you know that you have what you are happy with, you should then cancel your exisiting booking. Of course, you will be out of pocket on an second deposit for a short period of time, but the first booking's deposit would be refunded.

The HUGE caveats are, that you may lose your cabin, and must pay the prevailing rate, and would lose any offers on your current booking. If you are good with all of that, it's probably the way I'd go.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thank you, I will.

I took the risk and cancelled already. I will book again next week.

Thank you, I will.

I took the risk and cancelled already. I will book again next week.

Hi Jagoffee,

I hope everything works out perfectly. Please let us know the outcome, and have a wonderful cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

I Booked a European cruise back in November taking advantage of 123GO. I gave my TA details of an Open Passage I had and it all got booked with benefits from both ie. $100- deposit, $200 OBC, Fee Grats, Free Drink Package. I didnt ask of combinable (123GO and Open Passage) but looks like it was.

Would you be able to post the web address where you read this. I can't find anything on the Celebrity web site that discusses the new promotion for old passages before Aug.2013.

From original poster:

I received the notice about using an older Open Passage with newer benefits in the form of a semi-personalized email. It's my opinion that this may be an attempt to shake the old Open Passages out of the attic and move into the present. As far as I'm able to determine, this offer isn't shown on the website.

Celebrity makes it fairly clear that most perks aren't combinable with other freebies unless otherwise mentioned. Read the (* ** ***) footnotes, be aware of time limits and use common sense. No point in trying to get something for nothing. Most incentives are offered to increase revenues, not DEcrease them.

Since this was a personalized, mostly graphic email message, my attempts to transport it in total to Cruise Critic fails. Since it was addressed to me (and perhaps not the general public), it's possible that there is a measured effort to clean out the old O.P.s in blocks, and not to have a cattle call of mass hysteria. I think this may fall under the heading of "market testing"? If it works, then throw it open to all who have old Open Passages. Who knows what goes through the heads of any marketing department?

I don't believe this should be viewed as a new open passage perk that some are missing out on. I originally thought this had gone out to all holders of old Open Passages. If not, I apologize for bringing it up.

I called Celebrity and actually got an extremely efficient and thorough answer (not the recent phone experience others seem to have been having :rolleyes:) I know sometimes what we hear on the phone from them is unreliable, but the Celebrity rep answered right away and was very confident with the following info:

If your Passage was booked AFTER August 1, 2013, it is combinable with 123go to all destinations.

If you have an Open Passage booked BEFORE August 1, 2013, it is combinable with 123go only for CERTAIN itineraries - specifically: Alaska, Bermuda, Canada/New England, and Caribbean.

Alas, as I am planning a Mediterranean cruise, my Open Passage purchased 3/2013 cannot be combined with 123go. Hope this helps others!

I would like to see that too Ken. Yesterday I was told by my TA that an old open passage was basically useless because it had been assigned and moving it would not help.

Sharie - This offer is available to all with OLD Open Passages. I recently moved a reservation to a new sailing and received the benefits now being offered. Your TA should call Celebrity to get your reservation "adjusted" or, if you have not used it yet, it can definitely be applied to a new reservation along with the perks.

(My TA was not aware of this either, but after I told her about it, she was able to have everything taken care of.)

This thread has gotten somewhat confusing as people are talking about experiences with both the NEW and OLD Open Passages, even though the original post referenced OLD Passages only. :)

Sharie - This offer is available to all with OLD Open Passages. I recently moved a reservation to a new sailing and received the benefits now being offered. Your TA should call Celebrity to get your reservation "adjusted" or, if you have not used it yet, it can definitely be applied to a new reservation along with the perks.

(My TA was not aware of this either, but after I told her about it, she was able to have everything taken care of.)

This thread has gotten somewhat confusing as people are talking about experiences with both the NEW and OLD Open Passages, even though the original post referenced OLD Passages only. :)

After multiple hours and being told many untrue things we managed to get the old program adjusted. But even with that they called it a 'favor' to us after telling us no for several days over many calls. i was even told a few times my certificate was no longer valid as i transferred it to a new sailing. it was an unbelievable experience.

• 7 months later...

My TA is open but it seems Celebrity closes early on the weekends now. 3pm pacific time.

So maybe someone with a long memory can assist. I have an old passages. A different one than I referred to in previous posts. I booked two b2b seven days and it was originally applied to the AQ week rather than the suite week. For some reason I asked this to be moved, so I am thinking the Obc maybe linked to categories and days.

1. It wasn't moved last winter when I requested it to be.

2. I can't remember what it's benefits are.

3. If I move those b2b to a 14 day suite does that make a difference?

Final payment is tomorrow.

Thank you to those who keep track of these old promotions.

My TA is open but it seems Celebrity closes early on the weekends now. 3pm pacific time.

So maybe someone with a long memory can assist. I have an old passages. A different one than I referred to in previous posts. I booked two b2b seven days and it was originally applied to the AQ week rather than the suite week. For some reason I asked this to be moved, so I am thinking the Obc maybe linked to categories and days.

1. It wasn't moved last winter when I requested it to be.

2. I can't remember what it's benefits are.

3. If I move those b2b to a 14 day suite does that make a difference?

Final payment is tomorrow.

Thank you to those who keep track of these old promotions.

I might be able to find that info for you, but it will depends on the date of the old passage. At one point the OBC was based on your cruise fare. That would be a good reason to apply it to the suite vs. AQ cabin, assuming the cruise fare is much higher.

[i'm just going from memory here, but I'm sure the different OBC rules depend on the date the Celebrity Passage was actually booked.

Jane

PS I just found a little info:

Celebrity changed their on-board booking in April 2009. It is only a $100 per person deposit, regardless of the length of the cruise. Onboard credit became:

$50 for 3-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

Your Passage would have to be prior to April 2009 to be based on the cruise fare, if I remember correctly.

Still researching the amounts under pre 4/2009 rules

FOUND it!

My Passages Certificate from 2/6/08 says:

TOTAL CRUISE-ONLY FARE ONBOARD CREDIT

$0001-$2499 $50 per stateroom

$2,500-$3,999 $100 per stateroom

$4,000-$5,999 $150 per stateroom

$6,000-$7,499 $200 per stateroom

$7,500+ $300 per stateroom

Edited by JaneStarr

Some memory is returning, ok this was booked in 2012 as a booking rather than open. It was moved twice, as it was not combinable with newer promos.

The last moving was done 12/31/13.

This is what I have in my records about the rules for Feb 2012 Passage booking:

This comes right from the Celebrity website regarding Passages purchased on board a cruise ship.

Cruise Length & Shipboard Credit Value Per Stateroom:

3-5 Night. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$50.00

6-9 Nights. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$100.00

10-13 Nights. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $200.00

14+ Nights. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $300.00

Open Passage:

• Ship, Sail date or stateroom category is not required at time of initial deposit

• $100USD deposit required per person (non-refundable)

• No additional deposits due until final payment

• Value of shipboard credit will be applied when booking details are finalized

• Open Passage Account will be credited to your preferred Travel Professional

Reserved Passage:

• Ship, Sail date or stateroom category is required at time of initial deposit

• $100USD deposit required per person**

• No additional deposits due until final payment

• Value of shipboard credit applied immediately

• FREE Upgrades

• Reserved Passage will be credited to your preferred Travel Professional

** Standard cancellation policies apply. See brochure for details.

Guests who book an Open Passage will receive 2 certificates to present to a friend or family member. These certificates will enable them to sail on the same ship and sail date and enjoy the onboard credit of up to $300USD when booked within 30 days of selection of actual ship and sail date.

Terms and conditions:

US Residents: Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value of $50-$300 USD. Maximum ONE Onboard credit per stateroom can be applied to an Open Passage account. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing date is selected. Open Passage Onboard Credit is not combinable with discount offers. Converting an Open Passage account to select restricted fares is prohibited. If an Open Passage account is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels for any reason, guest may apply for a refund, less the value of the initial Open Passage deposit. Guest may apply the value of their Open Passage account against the cost of a Celebrity Cruises® individual or group cruise, however it is non-transferable to another guest. An Open Passage account may be transferred into a Group but not until final payment for the Group. Captain’s Club plus shareholder onboard credits and other onboard credit or dollars off promotions are not combinable with the onboard credit for booking an Open Passage or any other future cruise onboard. There is no expiration date on an Open Passage account. An Open Passage account is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Celebrity Cruises®.

Canadian Residents: Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value of $50-$300 USD. Maximum ONE Onboard credit per stateroom can be applied to an Open Passage account. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing date is selected. Open Passage Onboard Credit is not combinable with discount offers. Converting an Open Passage account to select restricted fares is prohibited. If an Open Passage account is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels for any reason, guest may apply for a refund, less the value of the initial Open Passage deposit. Guest may apply the value of their Open Passage account against the cost of a Celebrity Cruises® individual or group cruise. An Open Passage account may be transferred to another guest. An Open Passage account may be transferred into a Group but not until final payment for the Group. Captain’s Club Discounts, Savings Certificates, plus shareholder onboard credits and other onboard credit or dollars off promotions are not combinable with the onboard credit for booking an Open Passage or any other future cruise onboard. There is no expiration date on an Open Passage account. An Open Passage account is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Celebrity Cruises®.

©2011 Celebrity Cruises, Inc. Ships’ registry: Malta & Ecuador. 11022582 • 4/2011

Hope there's something in the above to answer your question. It looks to me as if it doesn't matter which week you use your "Passage" OBC.

Jane

PS I left in the "fine print" in case somebody needs it for reference some day

Edited by JaneStarr

That is very kind of you JaneStarr. I am sure it will come in handy at seven am!

Strangely the TA is showing I paid more of a deposit 500. For each. So need to find out if that was from previous group booking or a mistake. I remember that one booking was to be less expensive so it's credit card checking time too.

Sending gratitude!