Getaway Questions: Ask 'Em Here!

Thanks i was just wondering if i buy new suits :-) if others dress clean, it worth it! Any nights with the captain pictures and free glass of champain? Any free drink when we board? Thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can guests staying in balcony cabins have 'room service' - breakfast delivered to their rooms? We are sailing on Getaway 3.1.14 and cannot wait.

Thanks!

If you are traveling with kids and want them to sleep in a bit you can also have them look at the O'Sheehan's menu before they go to bed and have them sleep in while you go grab the food in the morning. We did this a couple of days on our last cruise for something different than the limited menu for breakfast room service and it was great. Can't wait for the corned beef and hash with a made to order omelet. Don't worry if you will be able to carry all of the food either as they will be happy to help you get it to your room just make sure you tip them for going above and beyond his/her normal duties.

Can't wait to get onboard....My wife and I sail the Getaway in 22 more days... :) Spa Balcony room, not sure if I should upgrade or not...

Jazzbone

If you don't upgrade hope you come back with a review of the Spa Balcony cabin since I will be in one in May.

On the Getaway 3/8/14 and looking forward to the sun, sea, and alcohol.

I realize that the exact ship board schedule has not been finalized and more will come out after the initial selling out of Miami on 2/8, but from those that have been on the Breakaway, does anyone have any information as to the schedule and cost of the Pub Crawl?

I have heard that the Hot White Party is usually the next to last night (sea day). Is this also the same night that they do the fireworks also?

Thanks for any input.

If you do upgrade to spa mini suite please let us know how it is. My DH and I have one in Dec and he will not enjoy cruise if noise above. Thank you for letting us know. Enjoy your cruise

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you do upgrade to spa mini suite please let us know how it is. My DH and I have one in Dec and he will not enjoy cruise if noise above. Thank you for letting us know. Enjoy your cruise

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One of the reasons I booked the Spa Balcony (aside from the ability to come and go to the spa whenever we like) was the lack of rooms above us. I don't believe the Spa area runs very late and we're hardly in the room past 7 or 8am...I'm thinking it should be very quiet most times we're in the room...

Hoping I'm right on this...

Jazzbone

I realize that the exact ship board schedule has not been finalized and more will come out after the initial selling out of Miami on 2/8, but from those that have been on the Breakaway, does anyone have any information as to the schedule and cost of the Pub Crawl?

I have heard that the Hot White Party is usually the next to last night (sea day). Is this also the same night that they do the fireworks also?

Thanks for any input.

Ooh, I would like to know about the pub crawl too.

Also, I want to know where to buy the Vibe passes and how early I'll have to get on to try to get them. I'm not planning on bum rushing any crowds, that's for sure, but I would like to purchase them. :)

We've booked cabin #14750 on Getaway in June. I've been trying to find some pictures of the angled balcony. Any of the angled balcony rooms pics will do. Thanks for the help.

There are more here; NCL Breakaway Cabin/Balcony Sizes

Click on BA visual aid link, and see slides #'s 11 - 17.

And yes, still pushing the sheet. :p It seems a few haven't seen it yet. :D

HTH

Hi Dan,

Clint here, also from Atlanta. Thanks for asking the two questions of interest to me. Looking forward to cruise, also, especially after last week. See you there!

Thanks for any input.

Hi Dan,

Clint here, also from Atlanta. Thanks for asking the two questions of interest to me. Looking forward to cruise, also, especially after last week. See you there!

Hey Clint,

Have you joined the 3/8 Roll Call yet? I am part of a group of 34 people coming down from MN on this cruise. We already have the beer bong and the floating beer pong table. :D

The aft balconies sizes on the stern do vary significantly depending on deck. Largest to smallest; 9,12,11,10,14,13. The aft cabins do have slight differences in interior sgft within specific categories, which can be somewhat seen on deck plans. But I wouldn't be surprised to hear NCL say all aft cabins in a given category are the same size internally, and the varying total sqft is the balconies. These differences in interior sgft for aft cabins are not noted anywhere AFAIK, that's indicative how little the difference encompass, IMO.

Also many pax have noticed sound from Spice H20 sailing aft. The farther(lower) away you are located the less the sound. Of course some enjoy the sounds, some not so much. ;)

Have you seen this? Notice the visual aid links.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

HTH

Could someone post this form - I can't get it to open.

Can I just clarify that a little. There are two issues here, whether a restaurant is included in the UDP and whether you can get it delivered to your suite.

Ocean Blue isn't included in the UDP, I assume because it is a lot more expensive than the others. The a la carte places are also not included.

As regards delivery to the Suite, I don't know about Ocean Blue, but Teppenyaki and Moderno are not available because of the nature of the meals (cooked or carved at the table). That is regardless of whether you have the package or are paying by the meal.

I think that's what you meant, but it didn't read like that to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for clarifying this Ashley! We will be purchasing the UDP on our May 31st sailing. :D

Keith, you were absolutely right. I emailed Vanessa again for clarification, and she had this to say: "Hi – no, Teppanyaki and Moderno are experiences that must be enjoyed at the restaurant."

I'm sorry, craig-n-carol. Looks like food from those two restaurants can't be delivered to your suite.

Edited by ashley@cruisecritic

Hi all!

Sorry for the delay. I was back for one day for a company meeting and then jumped on Breakaway for the Jan. 31 cruise to nowhere. I've gotten answers for most of you and will be posting them starting now. (I might not get all of them up before I head to bed, but I'll continue posting tomorrow.)

I have read mixed reviews on being able to open the balcony dividers between cabins. We have two 2 bedroom haven suites booked for June (they are right next to each other) and we would like to open the balcony divider for the entire cruise so we can use the space as one larger balcony for the family. Can you please check to see if they will allow this?

any word about the schedule/price for the cake/cupcake decorating classes? also, I read where someone could take out the dividers between balconies if you have adjoining rooms. Is that possible in regular cabins? We have BA's on 13th deck. Thx

Unfortunately, the answer on removing the balcony dividers is no. I checked with my room steward and asked at the front desk, just to be sure. Apparently there are new maritime laws that prohibit it for safety reasons.

I've got an email out to Norwegian's PR folks to check on the cake decorating classes. I don't think the schedule has been set yet, but I'll report back as soon as I hear anything.