2 ships in CocoCay together

RoyalDiamond

We just sailed a back-to-back on Majesty. That means we had 2 stops at CocoCay this past week. BOTH times, there was another ship there with us. The first time (Jan 12), Enchantment was also there. The second time (Jan 15), Serenade was with us. This has never happened to is before, so it must be more common now. We opted to remain onboard, and not deal with the larger crowd on the island. Also, with 2 ships, the tenders had much longer waits...since half were serving one ship, and half the other! People reported waiting an HOUR to get back to the ship! I'm glad we stayed onboard.

Peter

Wow! Thank you for the info. Have never been to Coco Cay, but will definitely check it out. There are 2 ships in the day we are there next month so we'll see how that goes.

Do the tenders not serve their own ship? Do they use lifeboats?

They do not use the life boats for tendering at Coco Cay. All of the tenders are kept at Coco Cay, if all the tenders are up and in service there ae about 5 or 6 tenders kept there. My guess is 1 or 2 of them might be out of service for maintenance leaving 4 available for use tendering from the ships.

They do not use the life boats for tendering at Coco Cay. All of the tenders are kept at Coco Cay, if all the tenders are up and in service there ae about 5 or 6 tenders kept there. My guess is 1 or 2 of them might be out of service for maintenance leaving 4 available for use tendering from the ships.

5 or 6????? Are you sure? I have never seen more than 3.

I was there on Majesty back in September and they were using 3 tenders all day and there were 2 not being used that were in the cove for a total of 5 present the day I was there. Of the 2 not being used it looked like one was being worked on. They were tied up to small docks across from where the tenders let passengers on and off.

They have been expanding the capacity at Coco Cay over the last year or so. There is now a second tender docking area across the water from the original one, plus more tenders.

Edited by clarea