Sickness on the Majesty 1/13/14

WMCMRBILL

Just heard on the news that @66 passengers and a couple of crew experienced the NORO on this cruise. Wanted to let the board know that the management and crew went into super drive to avert problems. We were informend that some passengers were sick and the crew were cleaning and wiping EVERYTHING on the ship 24 hours a day. At the departion breakfast the crew served EVERYTHING (NO PASSERGER THONGS). I think Majesty ots has the best managed team on the seas. My kudos to Capt. Karen.

Just heard on the news that @66 passengers and a couple of crew experienced the NORO on this cruise. Wanted to let the board know that the management and crew went into super drive to avert problems. We were informend that some passengers were sick and the crew were cleaning and wiping EVERYTHING on the ship 24 hours a day. At the departion breakfast the crew served EVERYTHING (NO PASSERGER THONGS). I think Majesty ots has the best managed team on the seas. My kudos to Capt. Karen.

Hoping that you meant tongs otherwise:eek:

We were also on that sailing, and had no issues. The crew was very cautious, and they were constantly sanitizing everything! It only takes one person to bring it on and start spreading it. Luckily it didn't get worse. 66 out of 2600 isn't a lot (unless you're one of those 66.)

Wow CNN is scraping the bottom today for news! We need another "Polar Vortex" to keep them occupied. This is a non story. I have been on 23 cruises and never been ill but I actually wash my hands and use the hand sanitizer that they offer all around the ships! And 66 out of 2500 is very good control of the problem. Royal should be commended. And the fact is (I know the news media forgot want facts were) this illness is from people using the bathroom and then not washing their hands. YUK!! But those same slobs are at your local hotel. They do have outbreaks of this on land hotels all the time but it is never reported because the people are not easily counted vs a ship where everyone is in one spot.

Hope everyone recover swiftly.