Does solstice have a laundry

Gaznjo

Does solstice have a laundry room with iron!!!

It certainly does not, no self service laundries at all, of course they have the Ship's laundry service, pay up !. Use the balcony for drying after washing out one's lighter clothes in the cabin bathroom. No irons available.

We were on Solstice in March last year, Syd-Auck.

Edited by NSWP

On our last cruise we were told about laundry rage on a Princess cruise and a female passenger got put off the ship.

at least princess have a laundry, if people watch the time and get their laundry out when they are supposed to then they wouldnt have any problems

I saw it on Sun Princess in 2008, two couples got put off at Broome after feuding throughout the ship for a couple of days after a bout of laundry rage. We did not need to use the laundry because we got the complimentary Elite laundry, but our cabin was almost opposite the laundry door. It was louder than a Jeff Fenech fight and fisticuffs.

Edited by NSWP

No laundry but not overly expensive to send a bag or two to be done. I never use laundries on ships anyway - for one not part if the holiday and two not sure what was in there before mine!

How much do they charge to fill a bag?

Do they do a package where you pay a fee for the whole cruise and they do your laundry? HAL do that.

How much do they charge to fill a bag?

Do they do a package where you pay a fee for the whole cruise and they do your laundry? HAL do that.

From memory they had a 'one off' $20 special on Solstice last year. So I am guessing normal price per bag is $30.

Edited by NSWP

It certainly does not, no self service laundries at all, of course they have the Ship's laundry service, pay up !. Use the balcony for drying after washing out one's lighter clothes in the cabin bathroom. No irons available.

We were on Solstice in March last year, Syd-Auck.

That's how you end up with views like these

Celebrity Solstice last month

DSC06239.JPG

Diamond Princess (which does have pax laundries) last Feb

DSC02206.JPG

Apart from the special "bag" of laundry, items are priced individually and you fill in a laundry form like in a hotel. Prices are not that bad. They do not have like a regular bag which is then on special for $20. They do not have a single payment for all laundry for the voyage like HAL. Interesting idea. How much did it cost?

When looking at the pictures from the Solstice all I can think of is that they are cheapskates! Passengers are not to leave items unattended on balconies anyway as there is the risk of them being blown overboard.

There is a line in the shower for small items.

If being able to do your own laundry is so important to people, they should choose a different cruise line.

Here is the laundry price list from Host Andy over on the X board - came from early 2013:

Laundry Services

Item/Price

Jacket $5.95

Pants $4.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Sweater $4.95

Shorts $3.95

Dress $7.95

Skirt $4.95

Pajamas $3.95

Handkerchief $1.95

T-shirt $2.95

Undergarments $1.95

Swimsuit $2.95

Socks, pair $1.95

Dry-Cleaning

Item/Price

Suit $12.95

Jacket $7.95

Pants $5.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $ 4.95

Sweater $6.95

Shorts $4.95

Dress $12.95

Skirt $5.95

Necktie/Tie $3.95

Pressing Only

Item/Price

Suit $5.95

Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Skirt $3.95

Edited by Aussieflyer

I agree, the laundry does look a little tardy on the balconies, like a Chinese Junk. Next thing will be the 'Laundry Police' checking balconies and confiscating clothes.

Edited by NSWP

I found the list above on the Faqs in the celebrity site.... This particular lady wanted to iron her clothes which she is concerned would be all wrinkled after her flight from the US...

Actually looking at the prices reminded me of how people get their suits dry cleaned at the end of a cruise as it is so much cheaper than having it done at home.

I found the list above on the Faqs in the celebrity site.... This particular lady wanted to iron her clothes which she is concerned would be all wrinkled after her flight from the US...

Actually looking at the prices reminded me of how people get their suits dry cleaned at the end of a cruise as it is so much cheaper than having it done at home.

Damn this is joanne ( packetau).... I forgot I was using Garry's ipad lol

Yes $12.95 to dry clean a suit, good value, I just paid $30 here to get my $100 Lowes Armani suit cleaned. No it did not fall apart, LOL.

Edited by NSWP

When the cruise line really only has short cruises in mind they do not see fit wasting space on a laundry. If you look at the history of cruising most of the lines out of America offer 4 to 7 night sailings around the Caribbean, Mexico and West Coast sailings to Alaska are of 7 nights or less. Most people do a weekly cycle of washing meaning that you will take a weeks worth of clothing with you hence the lack of need for a laundry.

These days cruises are getting longer with the international guests who have better holidays than the Americans who are restricted on the number of days they can take on vacation each year.

Hey.... Did you miss me today.......

Not much action up at the Menzies.... I am bringing the first bus load down to the ship tomorrow morning at 11.30

No...... Did not miss you at all .....we got by very well thank you very much:D:D. did you get lunch?????

Apart from the special "bag" of laundry, items are priced individually and you fill in a laundry form like in a hotel. Prices are not that bad. They do not have like a regular bag which is then on special for $20. They do not have a single payment for all laundry for the voyage like HAL. Interesting idea. How much did it cost?

When looking at the pictures from the Solstice all I can think of is that they are cheapskates! Passengers are not to leave items unattended on balconies anyway as there is the risk of them being blown overboard.

There is a line in the shower for small items.

If being able to do your own laundry is so important to people, they should choose a different cruise line.

Our last cruise with HAL the laundry package cost $95 for 14 nights, and that was for our family of 4. I put out a bag full of the 1st day, as we had a couple of nights in Sydney beforehand. The package said no pressing, but the clothes did come back pressed, and the rest in a basket. Very good value.