Cozumel Pier & Allure?

From what I gather' date=' Allure docks at a pier that is farther away from attractions. Could you tell me the name of the pier and how far is it to local attractions? Are there shops at the pier? Any information you could provide about the area would be helpful.[/quote']

International Pier.

There are shops at the pier. Downtown is about a 2-3 mile walk, or a quick taxi ride.

Edited by clarea

International Pier.

There are shops at the pier. Downtown is about a 2-3 mile walk, or a quick taxi ride.

Another pier in the heart of downtown San Miguel that Carnival also uses it is called Punta Langosta.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

There are three cruise ship piers in Cozumel.

Carnival is farthest from "downtown" San Miguel.

International Pier, where RC docks, is basically next door to that. It has its own shops and bars.

At Punta Langosta, I have only seen HAL, NCL and Disney. Others may use it, but I haven't seen them.

A cab to San Miguel is $8 per cab, but they don't "acknowledge" unrelated people. In other words, four of you together will cost $8. Two couples who don't know each other will be asked for $8 per couple.

You "can" walk, but it is hot and long. (I did it once)

Edited by Merion_Mom

When there are a number of ships in port as is often the case in the winter season, cabs come at a premium. We were on the Navigator and tied up next to us on the other side of the pier was the Allure. When we were able to get off the ship, make our way through a very crowded terminal and get a taxi there already was a long line waiting to get a taxi. Most of the taxis were gone already so expect to wait. The ship tours were leaving at the same time walking through the same areas as the non-ship tour pax which made it even more difficult to get to the taxi line in front of the terminal. They really need to work on better traffic patterns.

They are building a shopping center across the street from both this terminal and the adjacent one used by the Carnival Corp ships.

...Most of the taxis were gone already so expect to wait...

They are building a shopping center across the street from both this terminal and the adjacent one used by the Carnival Corp ships.

Should we expect to wait for more than an hour for a taxi? Do you know if the shopping center has opened?

Should we expect to wait for more than an hour for a taxi? Do you know if the shopping center has opened?

In my experience, even when there is a long line for taxis, it moves very quickly. There is a "dispatcher" at the front of the line, and it is in everyone's best interests to speed the process along.

Just there last month - shopping center not open. You definitely want to get a cab to the downtown shopping area. When we were there on Allure, there were two RCI ships at the International Pier and two Carnival ships next door at San Miguel. Long line for taxis but still no more than 15 minutes if that - it moves fast. Agree on the cab fares - the SIGN SAYS $8 for up to 4 passengers, but don't count on it unless you present yourself as a group of 4 to begin with. The cab driver will hassle you at the other end for two separate fares if there are two couples that clearly were not together. So introduce yourself to the next couple in line and tell them there are 4 of you!

In Cozumel across the way where the Allure docks, there is a shopping center that has some shops in it, but it is not very full, and most of the stuff there is overpriced.

It looked like they were building another one (I do not know why since there was already one that was not occupied anways).

It was raining the day I went, so I walked probably a mile towards the left (as we got out of the pier), and saw very little worth stopping at. I actually bought some M&M's and a bottle of Mexican Coke at a locals convenience store. They still accepted dollars.