Sanctuary Policies and Prices?

chamima

Could people please post current Sanctuary policies and prices.

In the past we've always booked this area for the full length of our cruise.

We'll be on the Royal in February and someone recently off of that ship posted that they are only allowing 5 or 6 people to book for the whole cruise (as opposed to the old policy of 50% of the loungers, which would be about 20 people, I think)

and that it was $40/pp for a full day, which would be $560 for a 7 day cruise for a couple. :eek:

Someone currently on the Ruby said they booked it for $90 for 5 days, which is $18/day.

I would like to hear if anyone else recently off a Princess ship knows what the current prices are for the week and also what percentage of the loungers most ships are booking for a whole cruise package.

Thanks!

It varies from ship to ship and itinerary...

Could people please post current Sanctuary policies and prices.

In the past we've always booked this area for the full length of our cruise.

We'll be on the Royal in February and someone recently off of that ship posted that they are only allowing 5 or 6 people to book for the whole cruise (as opposed to the old policy of 50% of the loungers, which would be about 20 people, I think)

and that it was $40/pp for a full day, which would be $560 for a 7 day cruise for a couple. :eek:

Someone currently on the Ruby said they booked it for $90 for 5 days, which is $18/day.

I would like to hear if anyone else recently off a Princess ship knows what the current prices are for the week and also what percentage of the loungers most ships are booking for a whole cruise package.

Thanks!

It varies from ship to ship and itinerary...

It used to be a fleet-wide policy that 50% of the loungers were available for the full cruise booking and prices were $10/half day, $20 full day, and $15/day for full cruise booking per person.

And if it does now vary from ship to ship that's why I'm asking.

Just cut this out of another post from someone who was just on the Royal

The staff says there are 50 seats. That's probably about right. Full week reservations are only done for 10% of the seats. For those who are not good at math, that's 5, which probably is 6. I am Platinum and boarded early and literally ran up to the 17th floor as soon as I got on around 12. There were actually probably 8 people ahead of me. After we stood out in the blazing sun for about 15 minutes, we were told about the 10% and that they were taking reservations for tomorrow only. This was done throughout the cruise - you could come the morning before for the next day's reservation. I was told (not by staff but by a passenger) that the 10% end up being reserved by people from the previous week doing back to backs so there is no real opportunity for a one week passenger to reserve for the week.

Also the price jumped significantly. It is now $40 per chair for full day, $20 for half day. The manager (nice and handsome fellow) said this was from customer feedback - make it more expensive and the morning wait will be shorter.

It would appear that they have significantly reduced the number of full time reservations and that the price has taken a healthy jump.

I agree, it should not vary by ship.

I disagree with this. I can see plenty of reasons why itinerary idiosyncrasies would cause the ship to alter its policy such that it is different from other ships. For example, say you have a very port intensive cruise. It is possible for early boarders on embarkation day to run up and book the place dry on day one, or at least half of it. But since the cruise is port intensive, maybe these people will get off the ship most days and leave the Sactuary empty. On that type of cruise, I could see implementing a policy of only allowing daily bookings so that the people who do not plan to get off the ship in port can have their turn in the Sanctuary while others get off for excursions. And the person who stays on the ship on Day 3 might be someone who gets off the ship on Day 4. And the person who got off the ship on Day 3 might stay on the ship on Day 4. By limiting the Sanctuary to "day of" booking in such circumstances, only the people who will actually use it will book it. Compare that to a TA with 5 straight sea days. While my preference would be to always have "day of" bookings, at least on a TA I could make the argument that a week-long booking could be justified as the captive audience is likely to use the area every day.

Edited by JimmyVWine

We stay in suites. On the Grand Class ships the thermal suite is free for us. Not so for the Enclave and suite guests on the Royal.

By limiting the week long passes which are normally sold below the cumulative daily cost Princees is increasing their revenue. It appears to be popular so if you can make $40/person/day why sell week long passes at $30/person/day.

Edited by Gunner22aa

Also the price jumped significantly. It is now $40 per chair for full day, $20 for half day. The manager (nice and handsome fellow) said this was from customer feedback - make it more expensive and the morning wait will be shorter.
That's a very significant price jump from last October on the Royal when it was $15/pp/half-day, $25/pp/full day or $20/pp/day for the full cruise. Follow the money; supply and demand.

FYI, I'm lounging here on the Sapphire and I think only four loungers total have been booked for the cruise, two for the day. It's essentially empty. Could be because the weather here in Avalon, Catalina is cooler (high of 70 today) and we're in port. I have a blanket and have been offered more if I get cold. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

I disagree with this. I can see plenty of reasons why itinerary idiosyncrasies would cause the ship to alter its policy such that it is different from other ships. For example, say you have a very port intensive cruise. It is possible for early boarders on embarkation day to run up and book the place dry on day one, or at least half of it. But since the cruise is port intensive, maybe these people will get off the ship most days and leave the Sactuary empty. On that type of cruise, I could see implementing a policy of only allowing daily bookings so that the people who do not plan to get off the ship in port can have their turn in the Sanctuary while others get off for excursions. And the person who stays on the ship on Day 3 might be someone who gets off the ship on Day 4. And the person who got off the ship on Day 3 might stay on the ship on Day 4. By limiting the Sanctuary to "day of" booking in such circumstances, only the people who will actually use it will book it. Compare that to a TA with 5 straight sea days. While my preference would be to always have "day of" bookings, at least on a TA I could make the argument that a week-long booking could be justified as the captive audience is likely to use the area every day.

I said by ship not iteniary. :cool:

Different ships also have different facilities, so some variance is understandable..

You overanalyze too much.

Same ship same iteniary.

Edited to......

Should say same Iteniary same facilities different ship different price.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

That's a very significant price jump from last October on the Royal when it was $15/pp/half-day, $25/pp/full day or $20/pp/day for the full cruise. Follow the money; supply and demand.

FYI, I'm lounging here on the Sapphire and I think only four loungers total have been booked for the cruise, two for the day. It's essentially empty. Could be because the weather here in Avalon, Catalina is cooler (high of 70 today) and we're in port. I have a blanket and have been offered more if I get cold. :)

Thank you, also!

I said by ship not iteniary. :cool:

The statement with which you were agreeing was that it should be a fleet-wide policy. At least that is how I read it. If it is a fleet-wide policy, then it would be 50%-50% irrespective of ship or itinerary. No? If not, what exactly would the fleet-wide policy be? I suppose one could have a fleet-wide policy that every ship gets to make its own rules.

Love that customer feedback that said to raise the price.

Had the same kind of response when I asked a yogurt manufacturer why they reduced the size of their containers from 6 oz to 5.3 oz with no reduction in price. Answer was that customers wanted the smaller size. I can just imagine the letters to the company: "Please give us 11.7% less yogurt at the same price you charge us now."

I have not used the sanctuary yet, but I wish I were where you are right now. Enjoy your cruise.:)

So it's sounding like the Royal is currently charging double what all of the other Princess ships are charging! :(

Hi Karen

I just responded to Richmond who paid way to much on the Royal. Please read my reply to her . The price on the Royal is 25.00 per day and 15.00 for 1/2 day. My sisterinlaw has it verbally and in writing from Princess.

Good luck

Hi Karen

I just responded to Richmond who paid way to much on the Royal. Please read my reply to her . The price on the Royal is 25.00 per day and 15.00 for 1/2 day. My sisterinlaw has it verbally and in writing from Princess.

Good luck

When is your sister-in-law sailing?

We'll be on her on 2/23 and I certainly hope it's straightened out by then.

I may call also to get it in writing.

HI Karen

She is sailing the week of the 9th and the 16th B2B. There is no doubt the the daily rate is $25 and 1/2 day 15.00. It is true they only book so many for the week.

If you want 100% peace of mind do what my sisterinlaw did and insist they confirm it by an email to you .

Good Luck