Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

I hope not because I couldn't care less about a seeing a singer or major entertainer. I wouldn't walk across the street to see 99% of "popular entertainers". Never was one to care about that stuff. But I am sure other's are but I hope it's something different.

I couldn't agree more. Im on a cruise for the ports and somewhat the ship but if i want a concert i will see it on land!

Hey, I'd be all over those shows!

Well, there you have it! if the speculation turns out to be true, sounds like you'll be Carnival's target audience! :)

How much would you be willing to pay to see those bands aboard a cruise ship if this is indeed what will be announced?

Hey, I'd be all over those shows!

Me and you both. A lot better than many current artists, so don't knock 'em. I'm not really into the entertainment aspect of cruising. It's not that high on my of cruising priorities, but I would be fine with an addition like this...for the right price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Well, there you have it! if the speculation turns out to be true, sounds like you'll be Carnival's target audience! :)

How much would you be willing to pay to see those bands aboard a cruise ship if this is indeed what will be announced?

$20-25/ticket?

Big problem is they'd either have to renovate main showrooms to have assigned seating; or, risk having brawls every night as people fight for seats.

John Heald

So here I am at the Cutting Room our venue for today's announcement. It is fascinating to see people guessing what we are going to be doing and I will of course keep you updated. Gerry Cahill and the beards all land shortly at an airport in New Jersey, I don't know what exit........but its in New Jersey.

I can tell you it is not about the Carnival Vista which is what most seem to be thinking it is. Anyway, the press and invited guests will soon be here and between 3pm and 4pm I will post the news.

WYWH

Recent Tweets from DJ IRIE

Both were from today.

Obviously has to do with entertainment, just not sure what it could be.

JH confirmed that the announcement has nothing to do with the Vista.

DJ Irie ‏@DJIRIE :

"Quick trip to #NYC today for this Carnival Entertainment press conference. Big Announcements! Back in Miami tonight & LA we’re coming Fri!"

DJ Irie ‏@DJIRIE 3h

"Stay tuned.... Next Stop #NYC less than 24hrs.. #pressconference @carnivalcruise ✈️ #jetlife

"

If no one has yet thought of this one. The NFL has been stating for weeks that there will be a cruise ship docked in New York as a super bowl party central type hotel. One of Carnivals ships will be that ship

Ah, no.

That distinction goes to Norwegian.

Norwegian Getaway becomes Bud Light Hotel for Super Bowl. Article here:http://www.examiner.com/article/norwegian-getaway-becomes-floating-bud-light-hotel-for-super-bowl-48-video

That really could've been a great PR stunt for Carnival to get their name back in the headlines (in a positive way this time!) after a 2013 full of bad press. I guess Carnival "missed the boat" on that one too... :cool:

Edited by Tapi

Recent Tweets from DJ IRIE

Both were from today.

Obviously has to do with entertainment, just not sure what it could be.

JH confirmed that the announcement has nothing to do with the Vista.

DJ Irie ‏@DJIRIE :

"Quick trip to #NYC today for this Carnival Entertainment press conference. Big Announcements! Back in Miami tonight & LA we’re coming Fri!"

DJ Irie ‏@DJIRIE 3h

"Stay tuned.... Next Stop #NYC less than 24hrs.. #pressconference @carnivalcruise ✈️�� #jetlife

"

Very interesting.

Please, please, please, if they make an announcement regarding entertainment, let it be a legitimate improvement - not something involving DJs - sheesh.

If no one has yet thought of this one. The NFL has been stating for weeks that there will be a cruise ship docked in New York as a super bowl party central type hotel. One of Carnivals ships will be that ship

Umm, no. I'm pretty sure I read an article saying the Norwegion Getaway was that ship...

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruise_gal21

Umm, no. I'm pretty sure I read an article saying the Norwegion Getaway was that ship...

Correct

Posted 11/6/13

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) - The Norwegian Getaway cruise ship, currently under construction, will serve as a hotel during the Super Bowl next year in the New York area.

The ship will become the "Bud Light Hotel" from Thursday- Monday during Super Bowl week.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23892644/cruise-ship-to-serve-as-hotel-for-super-bowl#ixzz2r9Y27nfP