Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

I'm not terribly thrilled, but whatever. I won't spend extra to see them, and I doubt I'll be on one of the sailings on which they're offered (unless they're super cheap). I would have preferred that they improve the production shows. I've started saying, "Thanks, but no thanks" after seeing them on the Breeze last March. They're becoming more and more pitiful. Bring back an actual band/orchestra, TALENTED singers and dancers, and real sets, Carnival! THAT would be an entertainment announcement that I'd applaud.

I think the later departure will be welcomed by those who want to stay in Nassau longer. They can catch a real act at Atlantis.

It should really help out Senior Frogs and other local bars and clubs, and I'm sure Carnival has calculated in the extra revenue from their shops in Cozumel and else-where.

This, I think, is wonderful news for Carnival's shareholders. I would think, however, that performing for the buffet crowd would be kind of a downer for the stars.

Have you been in the islands at night??

I did a land trip to St Thomas and night felt spooky in "downtown"....cab overcharge but who is going to argue with them?

Jamaica - stay at the all inclusive don't dare to leave

Better be careful wandering around at night JMO

I'm more interested in the fact I can feel comfortable going on the 7 hr excursuons. I didn't feel like they were worth it before as I didn't want to spend the entire time on a schedule. Now I can book those excursions and still know I can do something else like walk around the shops if I want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

From reading here, entertainment has to be the no 1 complaint so I wouldn't be surprised! This could really raise revenue IMHO...I know I would check the line-up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was there at the Carnival Live event! I responded. To a post by John Heald saying he had 10 tickets to the first 10 to respond plus guest and I got the invite today via email.

It was a fantastic time! Jennifer Hudson was awesome. John said the charge would be $20-40, then some special VIP offerings, I guess for more $.

I did not get the "which ship when" info jotted down, and I cannot yet figure out how to post a pic of the t-shirt from the "goody bag" listing the artists for phase one! I will try to figure it out!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't think this is a bad idea. Those of you saying that no one will like this, speak for yourself; keep in mind that Carnival knows what their customers want and I think this fits the bill. Will it appeal to everyone? Of course not, but many will like it too.

This is the first of many entertainment concepts being developed so even if you don't like this one you may like the next. Even if you do like this one it doesn't mean you'll like the next one.

I'm not terribly thrilled, but whatever. I won't spend extra to see them, and I doubt I'll be on one of the sailings on which they're offered (unless they're super cheap). I would have preferred that they improve the production shows. I've started saying, "Thanks, but no thanks" after seeing them on the Breeze last March. They're becoming more and more pitiful. Bring back an actual band/orchestra, TALENTED singers and dancers, and real sets, Carnival! THAT would be an entertainment announcement that I'd applaud.

This.

Entertainment is included in the cruise price. They now want to make us pay for that

I don't agree with that

Entertainment is included. No where are you garuatted a nightly show in the main theater. As long as there is other entertainment else on the ship at that time you will get fre nightly enterainment. And with the ships staying in port for these shows. Number of people at the show plus the number of people who will stay on shore. Hmmm if they run a comdey show at the same time should be pleanty of seats.

"John Heald: DJ Irie has really changed the level of DJs we have and we do not have any DJ only ships as you mentioned mate. Every ship has live music and selection of Duos, bands, soloists and piano bar entertainers. The enhanced live bands are on the Dream class ships. Liberty, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine and Imagination and Fantasy. I hope you enjoy them. Cheers mate and please ask me if there is anything else you want to know. Thanks"

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Just off the Splendor and thoroughly enjoyed VROOM, real production show with 12 dancers, 2 singers and 8 piece band. 25 costume and set changes. Very enjoyable.

JH says the artists scheduled are Phase 1, and have asked who would you like to see live...he said Phase 2 will be extraordinary. Who would you pay to see?

Entertainment is included. No where are you garuatted a nightly show in the main theater. As long as there is other entertainment else on the ship at that time you will get fre nightly enterainment. And with the ships staying in port for these shows. Number of people at the show plus the number of people who will stay on shore. Hmmm if they run a comdey show at the same time should be pleanty of seats.

We use to get great nightly entertainment in the main theater.

Think back to your Valor cruise in 06 and look what they are offering today:(

interesting.....would have preferred Lido deck bands or better bands in areas like the bar areas....but this might be a nightmare on concert night for seating. I do like the idea of being in port longer.....but not liking that the price of the cruise may be higher for everyone because it is a concert cruise.....and then on top of it have to buy a ticket....or pay a higher price to cruise because there is entertainment but not going to the concert. I think it would be ok if they leave the price of the cruises alone and make their extra $$$ on the sale of the concert tickets.

Like I said Interesting !!!

interesting.....would have preferred Lido deck bands or better bands in areas like the bar areas....but this might be a nightmare on concert night for seating. I do like the idea of being in port longer.....but not liking that the price of the cruise may be higher for everyone because it is a concert cruise.....and then on top of it have to buy a ticket....or pay a higher price to cruise because there is entertainment but not going to the concert. I think it would be ok if they leave the price of the cruises alone and make their extra $$$ on the sale of the concert tickets.

Like I said Interesting !!!

Not hating here, but what reputable source wrote/said the price of the cruise is going up? JH said the price would not be increased, Carnival said the same, and MANY posters who have been watching the prices over weeks/months have reported no price increase since yesterday's announcment. My cruise is higher than the Fantasy cruise offering STYX a couple weeks before we cruise, and we don't even have a concert for ours, but the price has been steady since October. All this fuss about upcharging the cruise fare is rumor and speculation.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruise_gal21

... REO Speedwagon - what version of that group is this? Chicago - what version is this? I saw them years ago - I think this is a group that has the "name" but few if any of the originals LOL

I posted the same point, except with answers about Styx, Foreigner and Chicago yesterday. Perhaps you missed it. In any event, you are not getting Dennis DeYoung, Lou Gramm or Peter Cetera, respectively.

I also looked at the current line-up for REO Speedwagon and in that case, you're getting very much the real deal. The key members from '77-'88 were Kevin Cronin and Neil Doughty. They have been with the band in every incarnation since.

Was this the big announcement today?? Don't know any of them and another reason not to cruise Carnival. Clearly they aren't listening to the consumer. We will save a little extra and go somewhere else. I see drunken brawls in the future. Budweiser and burgers. Sound like a Cruise to you??

I won't try to argue with you about who you know or not. It may be that you would recognize a long list of songs by these artists and not know it. There isn't anyone in the line-up who would make me book flights and a cruise. There may not be anyone in the line-up who would even make me switch from one week to another just to get them. I think there are a few names who I would pay the $20-$40 if I happened to be on the right cruise.

And I think you have to give them some credit for the span of both musical styles and years active for their line-up of artists. There is pop, rock, country. Chicago spans into jazz. I agree there's no classical and a gap in hip-hop/R&B. But otherwise you'd have to be looking for a pretty narrow style (e.g., grunge/thrash) to say it wasn't a pretty broad crossection. That said, Daughtry is listed as "post-grunge" by some sources and Jennifer Hudson provides R&B.

And the line-up includes artists that were recording from back in the 60's and through every decade to present day.

Edited by T. Advisor King

Not hating here, but what reputable source wrote/said the price of the cruise is going up? JH said the price would not be increased, Carnival said the same, and MANY posters who have been watching the prices over weeks/months have reported no price increase since yesterday's announcment. My cruise is higher than the Fantasy cruise offering STYX a couple weeks before we cruise, and we don't even have a concert for ours, but the price has been steady since October. All this fuss about upcharging the cruise fare is rumor and speculation.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Forums mobile app

----------------------------

just speculation based on previous ones I have looked at.....Dave Mathews and such for example.....much much higher. I don't think they will do this now....but I do believe they will not be discounted and have sales on these cruises like we have seen on the same ships before. Will have to wait and see. Sure hope that isn't the case.

I think its a great idea, if I don't get charged more from what I have before and especially if I am not interested in the Artist or buying tickets for the show.

Edited by Joie

----------------------------

just speculation based on previous ones I have looked at.....Dave Mathews and such for example.....much much higher. I don't think they will do this now....but I do believe they will not be discounted and have sales on these cruises like we have seen on the same ships before. Will have to wait and see. Sure hope that isn't the case.

I think its a great idea, if I don't get charged more from what I have before and especially if I am not interested in the Artist or buying tickets for the show.

I think you may be talking about "Themed Cruises" where the artist and band actually cruises the itinerary with you. Dave Mathews is not part of the Carnival LIVE Concert Series and the artist are on for one performance only in port and then off before the ship debarks for the next port or sea day.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Prices are still going to be driven by supply and demand. If the cruises is not sold out prices will drop, as it fills up prices will increase, to think otherwise is not thinking in business terms. I like the idea of the concerts. I wouldn't book my cruise based on one of the performers but if I it worked out I may pay to see them.

what does Jennifer Hudson even sing? serious question. some of the others I might like to see but not paying extra for it.

She has two albums which featured a couple of very lukewarm singles, but she's made a career out of being an "event singer" that covers everyone else's songs.

Edited by TheTravelista