Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

I've read your posts for MONTHS about more live bands and entertainment. They give it to you both for a fee and more house bands and you are still upset? What could they do to please you?

FYI: I have said all along I could care less if they have a band on the ship anywhere..live entertainment isn't something we long for.

Not the one you addressed...but let me ask you...if you don't like or appreciate live entertainment, why do you even ask??

I tell you what they could do for me....at very least, bring back a 2 piece steel/reggae group....fire a dj and a guitar player and bring back a Filipino cover band

put the late night comedy shows in the theater to stop the insanity

)))))))))))) that is the bare minimum

I really wish they would do what they seemed to be doing when they put the innovative and well appreciated show on Dream - Dancing in the Streets

I wish they would bring back production shows, good dancers and singers and costumes and sets

Ideally they would do something more innovative like shortened broadway shows like Royal and NCL are doing

a dueling piano would be nice too

Was this the big announcement today?? Don't know any of them and another reason not to cruise Carnival. Clearly they aren't listening to the consumer. We will save a little extra and go somewhere else. I see drunken brawls in the future. Budweiser and burgers. Sound like a Cruise to you??

Yep, I can see a few fist fights breaking out with people saving seats for their "friends and family." If some guy in Florida gets murdered for texting his 2 year old at the movies, I can see some people being outraged at people saving seats and starting a fight. Frankly, I wouldn't buy any concert ticket on or off Carnival.

In all fairness, this is another OPTION. It wont make anybody's cruise worse but it can DEFINTELY make it better for a lot of people.

That's what modern cruising is all about: Options! :)

I disagree somewhat...the paid concerts are now taking the place of what would have been free entertainment in the showroom that night. There are people who refuse to pay for anything additional but do enjoy the nightly entertainment. Looking at JH's FB, they aren't pleased. But at least the ships will be in port later? LOL

As I'm still under 30, a large portion of these names make me go :confused:. It doesn't affect me much at all though. If I ever sail Carnival again it won't be on a Fantasy class ship and it seems as though that's where the majority of these "concerts" are taking place.

I think the later departure will be welcomed by those who want to stay in Nassau longer. They can catch a real act at Atlantis.

It should really help out Senior Frogs and other local bars and clubs, and I'm sure Carnival has calculated in the extra revenue from their shops in Cozumel and else-where.

This, I think, is wonderful news for Carnival's shareholders. I would think, however, that performing for the buffet crowd would be kind of a downer for the stars.

Those were my thoughts as well, those are all Fantasy Class ships. I wonder if they have anything planned for the larger ships?

My guess is that because the occupancy of the larger ships is so much higher they could not get enough people into the shows. Also the smaller ships have shorter cruises in terms of number of days.

LOL>>> whole lotta country music too - no thanks to that

I didn't even know Olivia Newton John was still singing??

I do agree about the country fair aspect of this...the American Idol runner ups maybe the biggest draws? REO Speedwagon - what version of that group is this? Chicago - what version is this? I saw them years ago - I think this is a group that has the "name" but few if any of the originals LOL

I saw Chicago two years ago, pretty good. Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson not country.