Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

I find it interesting that the new live entertainment option is only available on the smaller ships. Perhaps because their main showroom is smaller, and they feel they can "sell it out." Either way, not interested in paying for any of the performers listed, and definitely not interested in spending one minute longer in Nassau than I have to!!:p:D

The 5 day April 21 Triumph cruise went from $329 yesterday for an inside to $459 today. The 5 day cruise before and after is still $329, so I am guessing it will have a concert on it.

I don't see that Triumph is on the list...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Live Concert Series -

Seating is first come first served and people thought chair hogs on the Lido deck were bad. Wait until you get a bunch of drunk groupies fighting over the front seats.

At $100 to $150.00 for first few rows I don't think there will be any chair hogs. These shows may be live but they won't be free!

Carnival Cruise Lines FAQ page on Carnival LIVE"... this exciting new concept in entertainment, just the latest in many new product announcements and initiatives we have underway." So does this mean that possibly they will do something about fleetwide entertainment? I hope so. I'm not complaining about these concerts, as some of the artist I would attend given the opportunity, but seeing as there are no concert dates for our cruise this year this is of no use to us IMHO.

How did you pick these artists?

We conducted a number of in-depth surveys of our guests to gauge their feedback about musical genres that appeal to them. Based on these surveys, we selected a group of highly talented artists who represent the most popular genres according to our guests.

And here I thought that in the past Carnival had always geared towards the younger crowds. These are mostly groups from the 80's. A much older crowd than what Carnival stated wanted the DJ on the Lido deck instead of steel band when 2.0 came out:rolleyes:

LOL>>> whole lotta country music too - no thanks to that

I didn't even know Olivia Newton John was still singing??

I do agree about the country fair aspect of this...the American Idol runner ups maybe the biggest draws? REO Speedwagon - what version of that group is this? Chicago - what version is this? I saw them years ago - I think this is a group that has the "name" but few if any of the originals LOL

At $100 to $150.00 for first few rows I don't think there will be any chair hogs. These shows may be live but they won't be free!

Oh, I missed that part.

o Special VIP seating in the first 3 rows in the lounge

General Admission tickets will be priced at $20, $30, or $40 depending on the artist. There will be open seating in the lounge behind the VIP section.

Never ceases to amaze me: no matter what Carnival does to make the cruise experience more lively, there's always someone waiting to express how disappointed they are with the "cutbacks" and "downgrades".

Exactly. I might not be interested in any of the concerta but many cruisers will enjoy them.

Not exactly what i was hoping for

I've read your posts for MONTHS about more live bands and entertainment. They give it to you both for a fee and more house bands and you are still upset? What could they do to please you?

FYI: I have said all along I could care less if they have a band on the ship anywhere..live entertainment isn't something we long for.

Ok, I was a little disappointed in the big announcement. There are a few on the list I wouldn't mind seeing. But I'm not mad. As I understand it, I am not going to be forced to buy a ticket. So basically, it really has no effect on me if I don't want it to. But I will say this. .. For everyone who feels Carnival is screwing them out of perks and their money, stop threatening to go to other cruise lines, just go. Leave us who think we are getting a good price for a fun vacation and quityerbellyachin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Boy, does CCL move fast! Just went to price check my upcoming cruise on their website, and one of the drop-down categories is "which live performer would you like too see?" Since I am on the Conquest, no names come up, but the choice is already there for the ships that are included!

Personally, I won't spend even the $20 to $40 for the cheap seats to see any of the bands and acts that have been announced.

My seat will be at the bar downtown Cozumel drinking $1 beers.

ditto to both.

perhaps an announcement for free internet for loyal customers like the other line, would be better