Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

Smurfs will be on all sailings.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Now that would be cool. I always did want to meet Smurfett

Nah! More likely it'll be Alvin & the Chipmunks coming back to the Dream for another "Squeakquel".:rolleyes:

I was kinds hoping that they would come out and say they have been working behind the scenes, that today all carnival ships exceeds safety requirements, all in have redundancy power systems that far exceed other lines and all shipboard personnel have been thru and updated training plan ... thus ccl is the leader in safety ... one can dream

WOW, I hope that isn't what the announcement is. I can't think of ANY act that I'd pay an additional 50 to 90 to see, and not only that, they'd be taking up the space/time in the theater, so that I couldn't enjoy the "included" entertainment that I like so much. :mad: What a waste!

"SKY"

Agreed! Only if it were Elvis, the real Elvis!

Hopefully, someone has found the mute button for the DJ on Lido...

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I am hoping since they are doing this from NYC, and all of the "beards" are flying up from Miami, maybe they're going to announce the Vista's home port will be NYC:D:D!!

And hopefully the itinerary will be something besides Port Canaveral-Nassau-Freeport. :rolleyes:

I live in Georgia and I've actually CONSIDERED :eek: flying to NYC and putting up with that horrible itinerary just to try the Norwegian Breakaway or the Quantum of the Seas, but common sense always wins. Won't do it for those two ships, I doubt I'd do it for the Vista either.

Edited by Tapi

And hopefully the itinerary will be something besides Port Canaveral-Nassau-Freeport. :rolleyes:

I live in Georgia and I've actually CONSIDERED :eek: flying to NYC and putting up with that horrible itinerary just to try the Norwegian Breakaway or the Quantum of the Seas, but common sense always wins. Won't do it for those two ships, I doubt I'd do it for the Vista either.

Agreed!!! The current itinerary SUCKS!!!:mad: I don't consider Port Canaveral to be a real "port". I can fly to Orlando whenever I please....beyond tired of the Bahamas. They need to get some 10-11 day itineraries out of NYC. One could only hope.:D:D

Jennifer Hudson started out as singer on Disney ship before American Idol

(I sure do not think any of the so called singers I saw on Playlist would make the audition cut haha)

Paid concerts?? what a cluster that would be

they already have charter/semi charter cruises for fans of certain groups/genres

MSC, NCL and HAL do a lot of these

The Edge - progressive music, Celtic Thunder cruise....Moody Blues Cruise...

Malt Shop Memories (I would like that but not the price no thanks I will see the Temptations and Four Tops every year when they come in concert on land, I won't pay double triple for a cruise)

They just had a country cruise - Trace Atkins got drunk and beat up a TA TRIBUTE guy at Karaoke, left the ship and went to rehab LOL

The logistics of such a cruise would be impossible...I would be totally bummed out

So many "stars", genres...no way would one 'star" appeal to the diverse makeup of a regular cruise

those charter cruises are all people who are (devout) fans of a genre or group....heck I was on a 1/2 ship charter with Donny Marie Osmond and fans haha (did not affect us, we had regular wonderful shows on MSC)

I think that would just be stupid...I do hope they announce they will scrap playlist and Hasbro

and put the late night comedy in the theater

(and they can pay me my consultant fee for that haha...I have started various threads with these simple suggestions LOL)

Regarding Playlist - for those that cruise a lot - how many times could you stand seeing those lame shows ?? Once was more than enough for me

Just think of seeing the same shows over and over

yuck

They just had a country cruise - Trace Atkins got drunk and beat up a TA TRIBUTE guy at Karaoke, left the ship and went to rehab

That is hilarious...(in a sad kind of way!) :D

Fly up and do the Breakaway cruise to Bermuda! It's amazing! I did it for my birthday this year and followed it up with several days in NYC. But yeah, wouldn't bother with it if was just Port Canaveral/Nassau/Freeport. I will NEVER pay for a cruise to FLORIDA.

If a "top name" entertainer can sell a ticket for $300...why would he perform on Carnival for $50-90? And the potential audience size is so limited anyway.

Really....makes no sense

Maybe there going to have "Legends in Concerts" by professionals (not passengers)! Fake "Jennifer Hudsons" cost a lot less than real ones.

Whatever it is, I am sure we will discuss it here forever. Some will loudly proclaim it an upgrade. Others will try to convince us it is a cutback. Names will be called. Threads will go poof! :)

Agreed. Some will have an "expert" opinion on why it was done. Others will proclaim it an "epic fail" while others will say it is the best thing since sliced bread. In other words, everyone will have an opinion, including me, which will prove once again that you can't please everybody.:)

Just a thought!!!! Carnival is buying another cruise line???? I doubt it but who knows!! I truly fill something more to do with them asking to build a mega ship sometime back they was denied maybe they was granted permission to build something as big as allure!! One could hope!!

I think paying for feature acts is a great idea. It would add some excitement, and you have the option of not paying if you don't want to. Other lines already have for-a-fee shows.

If I were running Carnival, I would totally scrap Playlist, which would save the licensing and equipment costs, as well as the salary/room/boarding of the eight singers and dancers. Then, a seven-day cruise would look like this:

2x for-a-fee featured act (two nights; two shows/night)

2x fly-on acts (they already do one, and sometimes two)

2x comedian in main theater (why not? early show=family; late show=adult)

1x whatever (could be Hasbro...another comedian....another fly-on....whatever)

This seems to capture the kind of cost-cutting, fee-adding, pseudo-enhancements that Carnival has become famous for lately.

If a "top name" entertainer can sell a ticket for $300...why would he perform on Carnival for $50-90? And the potential audience size is so limited anyway.

Really....makes no sense

Maybe there going to have "Legends in Concerts" by professionals (not passengers)! Fake "Jennifer Hudsons" cost a lot less than real ones.

Agreed.

Wouldn't necessarily be a "top name" entertainer. That would make no sense, and have no legs. But, we could be talking about a resident show, similar to Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert, Hairspray, etc. I think Carnival is behind the times on this, and needs to catch up. Similar to what they just did with Dr. Seuss.