Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

The fact that they are bringing the celebrity DJ to the announcement doesn't have me enthused.

We just want a pool band and some steel drums. Not 24/7. Not all the time or every venue. But on the pool deck during the day would be nice...

I didn't want to speculate but... since we're going down that road.

I'm guessing that Carnival is going to announce that they are mandating that John be required to wear pants when he blogs.

John will get up on stage and not understand the fuss but will agree never to again blog in just his underpants.

I'll have to say that the most frustrating thing about CC is the amount of people who don't read the freaking threads before posting.

The announcement is not going to be about ships!

The announcement is definitely going to be about entertainment!

D.J. Irie flew in with Micky Arinson for the press conference/announcement.

This type of announcement would not take place for steel drums or something so small scale. There is going to be some type of entertainment partnership fleet wide. I remember John hinting at something a few weeks back, but I can't remember exactly.

From the AP

1/22/2014

3 p.m.

Singer Jennifer Hudson performs during an event where executives from Carnival Corp. & PLC's Carnival Cruise Lines brand will introduce the fleet's new entertainment offerings; The Cutting Room performance space, 44 E. 32nd St.

--Note: Must RSVP; 3 p.m. check-in and reception followed by 3:30 p.m. presentation and 4:15 p.m. performance.

This type of announcement would not take place for steel drums or something so small scale. There is going to be some type of entertainment partnership fleet wide. I remember John hinting at something a few weeks back, but I can't remember exactly.

Yes to partnership. Seems to be the new way. But what.....who?????

From the AP

1/22/2014

3 p.m.

Singer Jennifer Hudson performs during an event where executives from Carnival Corp. & PLC's Carnival Cruise Lines brand will introduce the fleet's new entertainment offerings; The Cutting Room performance space, 44 E. 32nd St.

--Note: Must RSVP; 3 p.m. check-in and reception followed by 3:30 p.m. presentation and 4:15 p.m. performance.

Where did you find that? Considering it's not 3pm yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Edited by pbsteve

Yes to partnership. Seems to be the new way. But what.....who?????

The BB King House of Blues tie in with sister-line Holland America has been getting rave reviews, perhaps a tie in with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or some sort of name brand cover acts?

I remain hopeful of what the actual announcement will be. Entertainment has become a very weak spot on CCL and they finally seem to recognize they are "making the pizza too cheap" and taking corrective measures.

And again I say she is the Godmother of the Disney Dream. There is no way Disney would allow her to promote Carnival.

That would depend upon the contract they signed with her and if it specifically limited her involvement with another cruise line. If it did limit it then it could have been only for a set period of time.