Suite Amenities Package?

trixiee

Here's the HAL description:

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canap¿s delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. *Charges apply for dry cleaning. Price applies to double occupancy on voyages 7-10 days.

Questions: Does anyone know if the wine is of the "better quality" is Grey Goose (or similar quality) included in the Liquor options? Is there ONE $50 bev card, or do both parties receive a card? How early is the Pinnacle open on disembarkation day? (We plan on self-disembarking, so will need to have breakfast around 0600!)

Thanks in advance!

There is a fair bit of information about the package if you do a search. However, to answer some of your questions, for the double package, there are two beverage cards (and two robes). The PG breakfast is the regular breakfast hours so I doubt it will be open at 6 am. I know we didn't use this benefit when we had it because we had to be off fairly early.

For the liquor, IIRC, you can get premium liquors but it may cost you. You get two bottles with the package; your Grey Goose may be at a 2 for 1 rate, meaning you will get one bottle of Grey Goose or two bottles of a less expensive vodka. I know there was one liquor that was 4 to 1 but I can't remember what it was; maybe a scotch or a brandy. There may be a listing posted here on CC which is why I mentioned doing a search.

Just as an FYI, for the tea/canapes, you need to be in the room for them to deliver it. That was a misunderstanding on my part because I had read that they left it in your room. That may have been correct on that poster's cruise but it was not correct on mine and others.

It is available under Indulgences as Zelker indicates unless your particular cruise is a longer cruise. For my 14 day cruise, a couple of years ago, I had to call Ship's Services and book it with them. I'm assuming it is still the same now. So, if it doesn't show under Indulgences for your cruise, call Ship's Services and inquire.

I've booked the package for our cruise in 2 weeks on Noordam.

I did call ship services to inquire about the availability of the package and the pricing.

There is a price for the single package and the double package.

The pricing for our 21 day cruise was $455 for single and $600 for double.

Both packages have in stateroom bar setup(2 wine & 2 liquor),fresh flower arrangement, canapes, laundry & pressing.

I've also heard that you can have your wine choices delivered to the diningroom.

The double package gets you 2 $50 beverage card, 2 'dinners for 2' in PG, 2 bathrobes, whereas the single just gets you one of each.

Not sure about the disembarkation breakfast, if 2 can go there if you just purchase a single package.

But the special disembarkation timing will work for the cabin.

I spoke to someone at HAL recently and they said you can only purchase a double package if there are 2 in the cabin. He said I might be charged extra when I board as I purchased a single package (we don't want 2 bathrobes -no room in our luggage.:D)

I would think that the wine choices will be at their lower end, maybe the quality that they have in the Navigator wine package.

I did call ship services to inquire about the availability of the package and the pricing.

Both packages have in stateroom bar setup(2 wine & 2 liquor),fresh flower arrangement, canapes, laundry & pressing.

I've also heard that you can have your wine choices delivered to the diningroom.

The double package gets you 2 $50 beverage card, 2 'dinners for 2' in PG, 2 bathrobes, whereas the single just gets you one of each.

Not sure about the disembarkation breakfast, if 2 can go there if you just purchase a single package.

I spoke to someone at HAL recently and they said you can only purchase a double package if there are 2 in the cabin. He said I might be charged extra when I board as I purchased a single package (we don't want 2 bathrobes -no room in our luggage.:D)

I would think that the wine choices will be at their lower end, maybe the quality that they have in the Navigator wine package.

Thanks! I think I will call too, as I will be cancelling the vodka and tonic package I have already ordered. No way we would go through 3 bottles of booze in 10 days! :eek: Maybe we could "trade" the last days breakfast for another day... That would be nice! :)

We've booked an Eastern Caribbean for next January and I don't see the offer for the Suite Amenities package offered for our booking. We are in the Neptune Suites, is this not offered for this class?

Thanks

Danny

The package is really intended for someone who isn't in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite because you already get most of the perks (and some you get are better). But that said, if you really want the package for some reason, I'd suggest contacting Guest Services.

We've booked an Eastern Caribbean for next January and I don't see the offer for the Suite Amenities package offered for our booking. We are in the Neptune Suites, is this not offered for this class?

Thanks

Danny

These packages are often not on the website. You have to call for information and I think they might limit the number of staterooms that book these packages.

For those in the Neptune Suites, HAL offers the Suite Elite Package.

Includes:

-stateroom beverage set up including 2 bottle of wine and 2 bottles of liquor

-a culinary arts center cooking class

-a session of premium wine tasting

-a dinner to share in the PG.

-unlimited access to hydro pool and thermal suite

-100 minute internet package

-a beverage card ($ unknown)

-flower arrangement

This is a list I have from a printout from 2011, so not sure if the package is still the same.

You would have to call to get pricing for your cruise.

Thanks

Danny

There is a different one for the Neptune Suites

Suite Elite Package (for Neptune Suites only) — includes access to prices starting at $459.00

Hydro Pooland Thermal Suite; initial suite beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card;

Pinnacle Grill dinner; Culinary Arts Center class; premium winetasting; Internet Card for 100 minutes; daily turndown truffles; deluxe flower arrangement

It's not under Indulgences on my cruise, but it is 22 days so maybe I have to phone, or have my TA enquire. Thanks for the info, everyone.:)

Hi Startwin, my cruise is 15 days out, and I could have booked it on-line. Not sure why you can't see it...

Hi Startwin, my cruise is 15 days out, and I could have booked it on-line. Not sure why you can't see it...

It's a 22-day cruise, in April - nothing online at all showing Suite Amenities. Someone earlier noted they are not available on the longer cruises. My TA is checking into it.

Edited by startwin

Suite Elite Package (for Neptune Suites only) — includes access to prices starting at $459.00

Pinnacle Grill dinner; Culinary Arts Center class; premium winetasting; Internet Card for 100 minutes; daily turndown truffles; deluxe flower arrangement

THANKS for the reply.When I went to my booking and look under the indulgences, this type wasn't listed so I wasn't sure if offered or not.

Danny

I didn't see this offered, maybe because it's so FAR out in date.

Danny

It's a 22-day cruise, in April - nothing online at all showing Suite Amenities. Someone earlier noted they are not available on the longer cruises. My TA is checking into it.

I didn't mean to imply that the package isn't available on longer cruises. I meant that one cannot see it under Indulgences, or book online, when one is booked on a longer cruise. I had to book it over the phone with Ship's Services. I am sure you would have to do the same for your 22 day cruise.

Are you sure it is 2 dinners for two in the PG? When we had it a year and a half ago, it was only one dinner for two, with the double package. Maybe it has changed since then but you might want to double check that.

Are you sure it is 2 dinners for two in the PG? When we had it a year and a half ago, it was only one dinner for two, with the double package. Maybe it has changed since then but you might want to double check that.

Thanks for that, I'll double check when we board. If I remember I might post back here.:cool:

Once again, you will get different answers from Seattle on each call on the same subject. 3 enquiries about the package for the same cruise resulted in 3 different lots of information, and even a different price. How many PG dinners is not clear (one said 3 dinners for 2 in a 22-day cruise, another said 1 PG dinner for 2, and the latest said 2 PG dinners for 2). Two quotes said 1 $50 beverage card per cabin, the other was a $50 beverage card per passenger (for the couples package). Price difference was one quote of $611, another of $635. Other details were the same per quote.

Frustrating or what?:(

I should clarify that the enquiries were made by a) fellow passenger, b) my TA, and c) by me.

Edited by startwin

That is ridiculous! When we received the double package it was 2 $50 beverage cards, two robes, one dinner for 2 in the PG. For the single package, it was one $50 beverage card, one robe and dinner for one in the PG. But we got the package in Jun/12 so it may have changed since then.

But as to why you can't get a straight answer from Seattle, I can't tell you, and I understand your frustration.

I can tell you, I won't bother getting the package again. If you search, you'll see my comments in my review. Mostly, with the package, you are paying for the benefits. The only benefit to you is not having to order them all separately. Of course, there are some benefits that cannot be quantified like the tea/canapes. We found that to be the most frustrating part of the package but that had more to do with our ignorance of how it worked (found out after we got home and I wrote my review).

However, if you will use everything the package provides, go for it. I would try a Seattle a couple more times and see if you get the same story twice. If it is acceptable to you, then book it.

Am I supposed to be able to see the signature package on my cruise documents? I can't see where they have added it anywhere...:confused:

I don't think it shows up on any of your documents. Once ordered , just call ship services back and ask for an email confirmation. Then you can print it and bring it along for proof.

Am I supposed to be able to see the signature package on my cruise documents? I can't see where they have added it anywhere...:confused:

No, I don't think so. I just had the receipt that Ship's Services sent to me. When we got to the cabin, quite a bit of the stuff was there, like the "gift cards" and beverage cards. The robes came a little later. And then someone from beverage services came to take our order for the liquor and wine.

Enjoy your cruise!