Princess TV commercial

kendon

I never see commercials for Princess.

They just started running them this week, so you are likely to see them in the near future assuming you do not leave the room when commercials are on or zap past them when playing a show back from a DVR.

I just saw one of the new Princess ads tonight, the one where the husband is sitting on the balcony watching his wife finish her primping for the evening. The ad then cuts to a helicopter 3/4 shot of the ship (RP) as the name "Princess Cruises" fades in, a second before before the commercial ends.

Princess regulars might enjoy the commercial but a typical newbie half watching might not realize what line the ad is promoting, only that it is talking about cruising.

Then the new RCI ad pops up 30 minutes later and from the opening seconds of the ad, you see what line the ad is talking about, with multiple jump cuts to get the attention of the viewer. They don't call the younger generations the short attention span people for nothing.

Edited by The Big Booper

I just saw one of the new Princess ads tonight, the one where the husband is sitting on the balcony watching his wife finish her primping for the evening. The ad then cuts to a helicopter 3/4 shot of the ship (RP) as the name "Princess Cruises" fades in, a second before before the commercial ends.

Princess regulars might enjoy the commercial but a typical newbie half watching might not realize what line the ad is promoting, only that it is talking about cruising.

Then the new RCI ad pops up 30 minutes later and from the opening seconds of the ad, you see what line the ad is talking about, with multiple jump cuts to get the attention of the viewer. They don't call the younger generations the short attention span people for nothing.

My 18yr old son who has been on Princess told me he saw the commercial with the husband watching his wife putting on her jewelry. He thought it was a commercial for Kay jewelers before they cut to the Princess ship. He also compared it to RC and described it the way you did almost word for word.

I was so impressed by the new commercials, they brought a tear to my eye. And, I'm a very tough critic when it comes to "cheesy!" I thought they showed the "softer" side of the cruising experience and also the joy of coming back from a Princess cruise feeling "new!"

By the time I've spent a great deal of money and my most precious commodity, "time", I want what Princess is selling in these commercials. I like the promises that they're making to me, the consumer.......I believe what they're selling!

Worked for me!!!!! ;)

Which is a better advertising slogan:

"Fun happens"

or

"Come back new"

The first one is in a current TV ad for another cruise line which shows cruisers having fun onboard. The ad says it applies "no matter what your definition of fun is."

We love Princess.

I've already said that I think this new ad campaign is flavorless.

Last night one of the new ads (the one where the wife is watching her husband order wine with dinner) came on and my husband saw it for the first time.

I had never said anything to him about even the fact that there was a new campaign.

His reaction -

"What was that??????" "What's come back new? What does THAT mean? " "What happened to Escape Completely?"

The commercials don't bother me - glad to see Princess doing some TV ads. However, the new slogan does: 'Come Back New' :eek:. We just got back Tuesday from the Caribbean on Emerald and I feel happy, satisfied, energized, relaxed, pampered, appreciated, entertained and a lot of other things - but not 'new'. I like the old me just fine. Must be a new ad agency; 'Where You Belong' and 'Escape Completely' were far superior slogans IMO.

Which is a better advertising slogan:

"Fun happens"

or

"Come back new"

The first one is in a current TV ad for another cruise line which shows cruisers having fun onboard. The ad says it applies "no matter what your definition of fun is."

"Come Back New!"

I was so impressed by the new commercials, they brought a tear to my eye. And, I'm a very tough critic when it comes to "cheesy!" I thought they showed the "softer" side of the cruising experience and also the joy of coming back from a Princess cruise feeling "new!"

By the time I've spent a great deal of money and my most precious commodity, "time", I want what Princess is selling in these commercials. I like the promises that they're making to me, the consumer.......I believe what they're selling!

Worked for me!!!!! :)

Roz,

I couldn't agree with you more....works for me too!:)

I LOVE the commercials, because they describe what we love the most about sailing Princess….especially this one:

But…you know there'll be some that will demand compensation because they didn't come back new….or that they didn't use fresh enough lemons for the sorbet due to an Act of God. :D

I LOVE the commercials, because they describe what we love the most about sailing Princess….especially this one:

But…you know there'll be some that will demand compensation because they didn't come back new….or that they didn't use fresh enough lemons for the sorbet due to an Act of God. :D

Yep!!!! What's so wrong about feeling "new?" Nothing, that's what!

That's the first time I saw this commercial.......I really like it! I'm so darn glad that I'm almost able to print out my luggage tags for my upcoming cruise and my chance to "come back new!"

That's the first time I saw this commercial.......I really like it! I'm so darn glad that I'm almost able to print out my luggage tags for my upcoming cruise and my chance to "come back new!"

I hear ya, Roz. I "came back new" from the Ruby this past Monday on an amazing 4-day to Cozumel and back. It was so hard to leave after only 4 days, but have to admit, it was probably one of the best cruises ever. The crew was amazing across the board. It could not have been better. My hand was tired from writing out all the Consummate Host cards and I've never commended so many on the online survey. Now, onto April 19 on the Caribbean.

I hear ya, Roz. I "came back new" from the Ruby this past Monday on an amazing 4-day to Cozumel and back. It was so hard to leave after only 4 days, but have to admit, it was probably one of the best cruises ever. The crew was amazing across the board. It could not have been better. My hand was tired from writing out all the Consummate Host cards and I've never commended so many on the online survey. Now, onto April 19 on the Caribbean.

Brent, sounds like you really enjoyed your cruise. You'll be on the Caribbean when I'll be boarding the Crown. How did you like the Crown? It'll be my first time on her and I'm hearing varying opinions.

Brent, sounds like you really enjoyed your cruise. You'll be on the Caribbean when I'll be boarding the Crown. How did you like the Crown? It'll be my first time on her and I'm hearing varying opinions.

Yeah, the Ruby was amazing. But, I haven't been on the Crown just yet. We're doing her on Mexican Riv this coming November. The only thing I've heard is what I've read on here and various blogs. Another place to get some good, candid information is a Facebook page called "Cruising Princess Cruiseline with Vickie" (if you're on Facebook that is). She's not associated with Princess, but is a Princess die-hard with something like 40 under her belt. I know she's been on the Crown and you can search her page for info.

Yeah, the Ruby was amazing. But, I haven't been on the Crown just yet. We're doing her on Mexican Riv this coming November. The only thing I've heard is what I've read on here and various blogs. Another place to get some good, candid information is a Facebook page called "Cruising Princess Cruiseline with Vickie" (if you're on Facebook that is). She's not associated with Princess, but is a Princess die-hard with something like 40 under her belt. I know she's been on the Crown and you can search her page for info.

Thanks, will do!

That is a very nice one.

The one at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlU6a22dDWM&list=PLoWsezH1VQ-eEtSrQGuiJlWLu-bxrz-tb bothers me a little because it shows deck chairs on deck 8 of a Grand class Promenade deck area but there never are any chairs in that area.